Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Anyone at AKL right now? Do you still see construction vehicles on the Savanna? Room renovations?

Thank you so much!
Just left. Was in a brand new room on zebra trail 2end floor. Lots of construction noise in our room, but we got a great view when we booked standard. There were construction vehicles visible, and most of the hall is still blocked off.

Tried to search but didn't see this answer :)

First time staying at Kidani. We have an ungodly early morning flight so will likely arrive by 9am. I'll be hankering for my next cup of coffee! We have the DDP - where do you actually pickup the mugs? Do I need to get them at check-in or do they scan your band at the gift shop where the refill station is?

Collect them from The Mara quick service. They will scan your bands to confirm payment.

Tried to search but didn't see this answer :)

First time staying at Kidani. We have an ungodly early morning flight so will likely arrive by 9am. I'll be hankering for my next cup of coffee! We have the DDP - where do you actually pickup the mugs? Do I need to get them at check-in or do they scan your band at the gift shop where the refill station is?

You can get your mugs at the gift shop at Kidani they will just scan your band at the register.

Hey guys! We will be there 9/21-9/26!! Can anyone who has stayed in a refurbished room with 2 queens on the Zebra Trail tell me your room number? Thanks!

Do you think we have a better chance of getting our room request if we ask for something on Kudu rather than Zebra? I really like what I've selected on Zebra, but I'm nervous about reports ongoing construction on Zebra (we do have plenty of resort time planned). I'm coming up on 30 days and wondering if I should change things up to Kudu. Thanks!

Hey guys! We will be there 9/21-9/26!! Can anyone who has stayed in a refurbished room with 2 queens on the Zebra Trail tell me your room number? Thanks!
September
8/30 - 9/2 e_yerger AKL Jambo
9/2 - 9/7 DanielleRhymesWithBelle - AKL
9/2 - 9/10 sethschroeder AKL
9/3 - 9/10 Micharlotte AKL
9/3 - 9/17 Welsh_Dragon AKL
9/5 - 9/10 TinkerBelle_325 AKL CL
9/6 - 9/15 SealedSeven - AKL
9/7 - 9/13 Jennasis - AKL
9/7 - 9/14 TangledHairDon'tCare AKV Jambo
9/9 - 9/19 BabyFu18 - AKL
9/14 - 9/28 bigskip - AKL CL
9/14 - 9/16 ShayBells - AKL
9/21 - 9/26 acellison - AKL
9/22 - 10/2 SaraJR - AKL Disneymoon
9/23 - 9/28 DGBG100106 - Aulani

Guessing if you're not a member of Touring Plans, we would just fax per usual. That's my plan unless I find out something different.

We used Touring plans for our last 3 resort stays and we didn't get any of the requests. I would hope for the best but not expect the requests will be accepted.
That said, I put in a request for our split stay next month. My fingers are crossed.
We booked a standard room so I'm hoping for a partial savannah view or close to the lobby.

Last edited:
Hi all! I am so excited to say I am going back to AKL December 10 thru 17, taking two tweens with me! YAY!!! It has been almost 14 years since I stayed there, so this is a wonderful treat. We have Savannah view. Should I request any special trail? I don't care how far from the lobby we are because these two girls are like gazelles. If I want something I can just send them to get it and they will still have energy. LOL!

ETA: I am prepared to add one "extra" for us. Is there a tour at the lodge that tweens wodul love? I am going back and forth between a animal centric tour or a holiday dessert party in either DHS or MK. I can only do one though because the trip is mostly on me and DH, and an extra one to take the girls, so I want to be careful how I plan.

Hi all! I am so excited to say I am going back to AKL December 10 thru 17, taking two tweens with me! YAY!!! It has been almost 14 years since I stayed there, so this is a wonderful treat. We have Savannah view. Should I request any special trail? I don't care how far from the lobby we are because these two girls are like gazelles. If I want something I can just send them to get it and they will still have energy. LOL!

ETA: I am prepared to add one "extra" for us. Is there a tour at the lodge that tweens wodul love? I am going back and forth between a animal centric tour or a holiday dessert party in either DHS or MK. I can only do one though because the trip is mostly on me and DH, and an extra one to take the girls, so I want to be careful how I plan.
Nancy,

So excited for you to get back "home" and planning is half the fun for me...

December
11/30 - 12/14 - Ashleylvsgoofy - AKL
11/30 - 12/10 crazycatstacy - AKL
12/1 TammyLynn33 - AKL Jambo
12/3 - 12/6 Disneyhanna - AKL
12/4 - 12/12 rangerxenos - AKL
12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL
12/7 - 12/14 NMPensFan - AKL
12/8 - 12/24 Scoobie - AKL Kidani
12/10 - 12/17 Nancyg56 - AKL
12/21 - 12/26 TinkerBelle_325 AKL CL
12/21 - 12/28 jcthompson2AKL
12/26 - 12/30 elsbit - AKL CL

Nancy,

So excited for you to get back "home" and planning is half the fun for me...

December
11/30 - 12/14 - Ashleylvsgoofy - AKL
11/30 - 12/10 crazycatstacy - AKL
12/1 TammyLynn33 - AKL Jambo
12/3 - 12/6 Disneyhanna - AKL
12/4 - 12/12 rangerxenos - AKL
12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL
12/7 - 12/14 NMPensFan - AKL
12/8 - 12/24 Scoobie - AKL Kidani
12/10 - 12/17 Nancyg56 - AKL
12/21 - 12/26 TinkerBelle_325 AKL CL
12/21 - 12/28 jcthompson2AKL
12/26 - 12/30 elsbit - AKL CL

I am so excited Brandi! I was in the air over this even though I had booked a BB last December. I am a bit nervous about the parks with regards to SWGE, but I figure that if I book FP for every day we can get the heck out of Dodge if it is too crazy.

L has never taken a vacation before, and K was there when she was about 5, however that trip was a fiasco for Mom, so it was awful for her. I hope that by staying at AKL we can escape the stimulation that WDW is, and the girls can enjoy the animals and pool. I would love to book CL, but I cannot justify the cost this time.

Now....to figure out how to get that glass of wine that goes with their DDP! LOL!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter