Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

All DVC rooms, including Value Studios, will have paper plates, bowls, & plastic ware. :thumbsup2

There should be an adequate supply, but if not you can request more from Housekeeping. :goodvibes
? All DVC rooms or all of the studios? We usually stay in 1br. villas and I don’t remember having paper plates or bowls or plastic ware. The full kitchens in the 1br.s and up are stocked with white ceramic plates, bowls & mugs, regular stainless flatware, clear glass drinking glasses, etc..

? All DVC rooms or all of the studios? We usually stay in 1br. villas and I don’t remember having paper plates or bowls or plastic ware. The full kitchens in the 1br.s and up are stocked with white ceramic plates, bowls & mugs, regular stainless flatware, clear glass drinking glasses, etc..

All studios have the disposable plates/utensils. The villas with full kitchens have the “real” plates, etc plus cookware - and a dishwasher for easy cleanup! ;)

I've read that there aren't any bike paths or bike rentals at AKV but was wondering if anyone had ever brought their own bikes and rode around the resort before?

All studios have the disposable plates/utensils. The villas with full kitchens have the “real” plates, etc plus cookware - and a dishwasher for easy cleanup! ;)
Oh good, I was afraid I'd somehow not thoroughly searched and somehow missed the stash of paper/plastic plates/utensils in the 1 br. kitchens!

I arrive in 2 weeks to celebrate my 30th birthday it’s going to be amazing!!

Random question but does the Mara have Pink Lemonade as one of the fountain drink options? It’s something I love when I’m in the US but I know not every resort does it.

I've read that there aren't any bike paths or bike rentals at AKV but was wondering if anyone had ever brought their own bikes and rode around the resort before?

There really isn't anywhere to ride your bike at AKV except for around the parking lot, I would not recommend this at all. My husband even has a hard time getting a good run in when we stay at AKV, it's really our only complaint about the resort.

I arrive in 2 weeks to celebrate my 30th birthday it’s going to be amazing!!

Random question but does the Mara have Pink Lemonade as one of the fountain drink options? It’s something I love when I’m in the US but I know not every resort does it.
Let us know how it goes! I'm doing my 40th at AKL next year.

We just booked a Savannah view for next month. Is there any advise you can give first timers to this lodging? Although we are Disney veterans, this will be our first Deluxe stay.

We just booked a Savannah view for next month. Is there any advise you can give first timers to this lodging? Although we are Disney veterans, this will be our first Deluxe stay.
Look around the resort. there is something awesome around every corner. Get the bread service at Sanaa. We enjoyed watching the animals from our balcony early mornings and close to sunset. Order room service but not on dining plan-breakfast is good and the steak at dinner was good as well. Have fun and take time to relax.

It's an amazing place. We've probably stayed there more times than anywhere else. Even if it's just 2-3 days on the end of a trip. I had Boardwalk booked for 6 days coming up in June, and ended up doing a split stay again just because I couldn't imagine not staying there too. We love the pool there, something about it is just so relaxing...well, everything about the resort is relaxing to us. Every one of the food options are fantastic. Seeing the animals from your room is just magical. The CMs are wonderful. Love the stories by the fire pit. My granddaughters always loved the activities they have for kids. They get to earn beads for completing activities. So much to love!

It's an amazing place. We've probably stayed there more times than anywhere else. Even if it's just 2-3 days on the end of a trip. I had Boardwalk booked for 6 days coming up in June, and ended up doing a split stay again just because I couldn't imagine not staying there too. We love the pool there, something about it is just so relaxing...well, everything about the resort is relaxing to us. Every one of the food options are fantastic. Seeing the animals from your room is just magical. The CMs are wonderful. Love the stories by the fire pit. My granddaughters always loved the activities they have for kids. They get to earn beads for completing activities. So much to love!
Couldn’t agree more! AKL is our favorite resort. So much to enjoy and serene vibe.:cloud9:

I believe you can get it in the lounge if you don’t want to go into Sanaa for it :-)

Yes, the Sanaa bar/lounge area has the bread service, I believe that it only lists the smaller number of dips but over the years I have yet to see a report of them denying the one with all of the different dips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter