• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo House SV Studio Views

Boardwalk529

Mouseketeer
I'll be staying at a Jambo House DV Studio for the first time in a couple weeks (yay!). When I checked in online I chose close to lobby as my request to avoid the long walks and because I heard all sv studios overlooked the pool. Is this the case, or do some overlook parking lots, rooftops, etc? I definitely don't want a crappy view so I'll change my room request if that's the case!!

Since you mentioned overlooking the pool, I assume by "SV" you mean Standard View and not Savanna View. When AKV first opened, all of the Standard View rooms in Jambo House overlooked the pool area. A couple of years ago they reclassified some Savanna View rooms that had less desirable views to Standard View. Bottom line, your room could face the pool area or be in any of a number of places along the horseshoe with a limited view of a savanna, potentially far from the lobby. Also, some of the rooms that face the pool area do have more of a roof view, particularly those rooms closest to the lobby. There are no parking lot views from any of the Standard View rooms in Jambo House. Again, this applies only to Jambo House.

Since you mentioned overlooking the pool, I assume by "SV" you mean Standard View and not Savanna View. When AKV first opened, all of the Standard View rooms in Jambo House overlooked the pool area. A couple of years ago they reclassified some Savanna View rooms that had less desirable views to Standard View. Bottom line, your room could face the pool area or be in any of a number of places along the horseshoe with a limited view of a savanna, potentially far from the lobby. Also, some of the rooms that face the pool area do have more of a roof view, particularly those rooms closest to the lobby. There are no parking lot views from any of the Standard View rooms in Jambo House. Again, this applies only to Jambo House.

Thank you! I'm so used to "standard" and "preferred" view at the DVC resorts that I forgotforgot SV could also mean savanna view at the AKV. Yes, though, I meant standard.view. I've read so much conflicting info about the Jambo House standard views that I was worried I signed up for a parking lot view. Thanks for the info :)

Our value studio at Jambo last August had a delightful view of the parking lot. On the flip side, we were close to the lobby.

Our value studio at Jambo last August had a delightful view of the parking lot. On the flip side, we were close to the lobby.

Yep, value villas can have a parking lot view. But they require the least amount of points than other categories of villas at AKV. It's a chance to take to use fewer points for that stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter