J & T's Wishes Wedding 5/5/12 SB/SBP/BW *Wedding & Aulani HM TR Complete!*

Thursday morning we both texted Josh's sister to ask what time they wanted to go to the MK. She told us they were meeting Josh's parents for breakfast at cape may at 10:30 and then we'd go after that. This was crazy to me, we should have gone right when the park opened and likely weren't going to get there til noon- to me this is park suicide. Haha I let it go and said this is for them not for us. We went and grabbed breakfast in the beach club marketplace and then met up with them to head to the park. They had gone to Animal Kingdom the day before and found out the bus system to their off property condo wasn't so great. This made me slightly happy since I wanted them to stay on property but I didn't say anything. We boarded the bus and were on our way!
My adorable niece as we got into the MK:
IMG_1946.jpg

on Pirates! (yes I got yelled at for taking a pic haha)
IMG_1959.jpg

First we headed to Pirates, then Josh's mom kept saying she wanted to do the jungle cruise. It was about 50 minute wait, which I would never do but she had her heart set on it. We all got in line and waited... And waited. It was so hot and miserable for us. It was however, fun to be in the park with the girls, we could tell they were really enjoying it!

Waiting in line, Josh and our nieces :)
IMG_1963.jpg

The whole gang once we got on the ride!
IMG_1968.jpg

We finally boarded and in 3 minutes the ride was over :(. All that waiting. Oh well! Next we went to Splash Mountain and rode with Josh's parents.
SM.jpg

1AA6E131.jpg

It was shorter than I remembered but we've never waited so long for rides and wouldnt have if his family didn't want to. After splash mountain josh and I were done, the crowds were crazy, the wait times were long and we were done. We told them we wanted to grab lunch and they said they weren't hungry. We decided to part ways, grabbed lunch at Pecos Bills and headed back to the beach club!
on our way out!
IMG_1984.jpg

At this point a few of our friends had come into town! Josh's best man and his wife, one of my bridesmaidns were having drinks at the dolphin (where they were staying). We headed over and had a drink with them! This is just what we needed after the chaos at the park!
IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

Afterward they wanted us to come see their room. We went up and his best man Jason surprised him with a wedding present- a watch! I laughed inside how well they know each other because josh also got him a watch as his best man gift (he didn't know it yet). Too funny!
Here they are with their matching watches (nerd herd!)

IMG_1991.jpg

Around 5pm or so we decided t head back to the beach club to get ready for dinner. We made a res at cape may and advised our guests to make reservations there too for the same time. This ended up being one of my meltdowns. :(. We went back to the beach club and spoke to the women at the podium, they said they'd try their best to sit us together.

We went back to our room and I finished assembling all the welcome bags with the contents from our boxes that had arrived.
(I made mini-cards on moo.com with our date on the back. On the front I made individual cards for each bag, one said the first names of those staying, ie "Josh & Tricia", one card said the last name the reservation was under, and the reservation # (to make it easy on the front desks), and the 3rd card said "Welcome to our Wedding Weekend! We hope you enjoy your stay at (insert hotel). This way we could organize where the bags were supposed to go easier. I also color coded by resort. Yes I might be cray. Anywho, here is one filled:
587462C2.jpg

Now we needed to deliver them. My mom was supposed to do it but then decided to tell me since my brother was coming the next morning, she told him he could have the car for the weekend. No more car for my errands for MY wedding that we need. I was so floored. How was I going to get these welcome bags delivered or the wedding boxes to Francks?? Panic set in but we needed to go down for dinner. I brought the beach club bags to the front desk and dropped them off easily, then headed to cape may for dinner.

We checked in again at the podium and I took the buzzers for all the parties together. My parents show up with one of my cousins. One of the cousins my mom wanted invited, and who was not on the reservations for dinner. I said hello and asked if they were coming for dinner? When they said yes, I said to my mom- they're not on the reservation. You need to see if they can add them. They told us they could be added but it might be a longer wait now. We agreed to wait. We went out to the boat launch to meet some of my girls coming for dinner.
don't they look so excited? :)
IMG_2005.jpg

We went back inside (14 of us for dinner) and the restaurant woman tells us she can seat us together if we split up the parties- we had parties of 6, 4 and 4. So if we changed to 5, 5 and 4 we could all sit. I said that was fine and told everyone the same. When we were told our tabls were ready, I asked my mom to sit with josh and i and my two girlfriends. My mom flipped out and said she wanted to sit with her family. ( pretty sure I am my own mother's family, I get upset and start crying). She wanted to sit with the cousins that showed up and messed up the seating and my sister and nephew. We were sat in the booths that line up in cape may so my sisters table was right next to ours. She kept complaining the entire time she wanted to sit with her "family". I was so embarassed. In front of my friends, Josh's parents, etc. I couldn't wait to get away from her and this dinner that I thought would be so great.

Cape may was actually really good besides my moms rant, they had us stand up and feed each other cake, sang to us and everyone said how great the food was.
1F5CC12A.jpg

673FBECE.jpg

After dinner the cousins took the welcome bags back to CBR for me (where they were staying) since my mom was giving the car to my bro. I hoped she would really drop them off and unfortunately forgot my twin's bag at that point. Sorry twin :(.

We headed over to the Martha's Vineyard lounge for a few drinks and had about 10 people come hang out. It was fun! Josh's sister for some reason didn't come hang out which I could've sworn she told me they were coming for dinner. They are normally the life of the party so it was odd they didn't, but they had a full day in the MK so maybe that was the reason. We all were full and pretty tired, we were going to HS in the morning so we decided to turn in! I went to our room and grabbed bags for pop and the dolphin and sent them home with our friends staying there and asked them to drop the bags at the front desk. One less thing to worry about!

We went back to our room and got into hardcore wedding mode. My mom was taking the boxes to Francks in the morning before getting my dad and brother from the airport. We had to unpack and repack everything into 3 boxes, divided by ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Josh was a big help thankfully and we got everything sorted! Thesis when my parents being across the hall really helped. The next morning we brought the boxes to her and were on our way to Hollywood studios!!

U looked AMAZING in your wedding gear!! :love: I was livining vicariously thru you while u where on your honeymoon :rotfl:

Great uodate. I would have totally gone Bridezilla on your Mum and told her well if their more important to you than your own daughter then hang out with them but don't bother coming to my wedding. I may have a bit of a temper though LOL. Good for you for handling a difficult situation with grace.

Tricia,

First off...:hug::hug::hug:. I think you need them this week.

Second, try the Snapbucket app. It uploads the photos to an album in photobucket.

Okay, now to your day.

First off, getting to a park at noon is park suicide!! With staying offsite and then getting a late start, they had no clue did they. :) Glad you were able to roll with it though. Good for you and Josh for breaking off on your own and calling it quits when you were done.

What the *&%^ is up with your mother???? Your brother gets the car??? What is this high school with 2 teenagers fighting over the family station wagon? What did he need it for? You had wedding errands to run! Did she not comprehend that??? Wow!!

In regard to the dinner, I will say it again...what the *&^% is up with your mother???? I want to sit with "my family"! So, her daughter is not family??? :confused3 I will say that my father says similarly stupid and hurtful things. He lives out in AZ near his in-laws, who come over about once a week or so. One time I called him about something and he told me that he had to give since "the family is here." I asked him if his only daughter qualified as family. He stuttered and got off the phone as quickly as possible. I totally get what you must have been feeling. How awful. Glad you enjoyed Cape May anyway.

That is fabulous that your friends helped you deliver your welcome bags. At least someone helped you out!

I am stunned that Mom delivered the boxes to Franck's! I hope that was without drama. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more.

U looked AMAZING in your wedding gear!! :love: I was livining vicariously thru you while u where on your honeymoon :rotfl:
aw thanks love!! Hawaii was amaaaaazing. I can't wait to get to it! ;)

Great uodate. I would have totally gone Bridezilla on your Mum and told her well if their more important to you than your own daughter then hang out with them but don't bother coming to my wedding. I may have a bit of a temper though LOL. Good for you for handling a difficult situation with grace.

I was seriously so upset, I was so embarassed I started crying, the restaurant was just trying to sit us. No idea still why she was being so incredibly ridiculous. She was still sitting right next to my sister. It doesnt make any sense and now that I've reported about it I'm going to try and block it from my memory :( It was all I could do to not throw a fit and not eat there at all and leave.

Tricia,

First off...:hug::hug::hug:. I think you need them this week.

Second, try the Snapbucket app. It uploads the photos to an album in photobucket.

Okay, now to your day.

First off, getting to a park at noon is park suicide!! With staying offsite and then getting a late start, they had no clue did they. :) Glad you were able to roll with it though. Good for you and Josh for breaking off on your own and calling it quits when you were done.

What the *&%^ is up with your mother???? Your brother gets the car??? What is this high school with 2 teenagers fighting over the family station wagon? What did he need it for? You had wedding errands to run! Did she not comprehend that??? Wow!!

In regard to the dinner, I will say it again...what the *&^% is up with your mother???? I want to sit with "my family"! So, her daughter is not family??? :confused3 I will say that my father says similarly stupid and hurtful things. He lives out in AZ near his in-laws, who come over about once a week or so. One time I called him about something and he told me that he had to give since "the family is here." I asked him if his only daughter qualified as family. He stuttered and got off the phone as quickly as possible. I totally get what you must have been feeling. How awful. Glad you enjoyed Cape May anyway.

That is fabulous that your friends helped you deliver your welcome bags. At least someone helped you out!

I am stunned that Mom delivered the boxes to Franck's! I hope that was without drama. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more.

Thank you! :hug:
I got snapbucket, it's more for sharing like an Instagram I think maybe? I was more trying to get my photos from photobucket here from my ipad. I couldn't figure it out and got out the regular computer. It's just super slow. haha
Yes, and my brother did take the car. When I asked him if he would mind picking up the photographers and bringing them to rehearsal, he refused. (They were at CBR, less than 2 minutes away) ughhh. He used it to go to the parks, gallavanting etc all weekend because he doesnt like to use the bus system. what-ever! lol I was very grateful to my friends for helping and taking the bags back to their hotels. I was seriously stressed over this since no one told me I was losing car access until the night before it was happening :( Thankfully, we woke up, gave the boxes to my mom and she did deliver them without any issues the next morning. Trying to load my pics from HS and then I'll keep going! :goodvibes

Oh, twin, I'm so sorry you had to deal with such craziness. Having a mother that's very similar, I know your pain. :hug: I can't believe she repeatedly said such things!

I really don't understand your brother's need for the car. Especially just so he didn't have to deal with the buses? LAME! And was this the brother that wasn't even sure if he was going or not until like the last minute? :furious:

Hopefully the rest of the trip went a whole lot smoother!

Glad you had fun! Love the splash mountain pic!! :goodvibes Although your mom was out of line at the dinner & being very immature, it's just dinner, geez! Glad all of the boxes & bags got sorted out though... Can't wait to read more! :D

Oh, twin, I'm so sorry you had to deal with such craziness. Having a mother that's very similar, I know your pain. :hug: I can't believe she repeatedly said such things!

I really don't understand your brother's need for the car. Especially just so he didn't have to deal with the buses? LAME! And was this the brother that wasn't even sure if he was going or not until like the last minute? :furious:

Hopefully the rest of the trip went a whole lot smoother!

Yes this is my bro that decided to come like a week before. Ughhh. In the end it was fine, annoying nonetheless, but fine. I wasn't going to let them mess with my day! :rotfl:

Glad you had fun! Love the splash mountain pic!! :goodvibes Although your mom was out of line at the dinner & being very immature, it's just dinner, geez! Glad all of the boxes & bags got sorted out though... Can't wait to read more! :D

I agree. Ugh. We were talking about it this weekend and I learned apparently my mom had it out with one of my bridesmaids before the wedding and they didn't tell me, so she didn't want to sit with her?? Who knows. Again, suck it up! Hahaha :goodvibes

Ok so, photobusket is annoying me so I'm going to keep going and add later. :goodvibes

Day 3: Friday may 4th. 1 day til the wedding!!

We wake up, shower and get dressed, we're meeting everyone to go to HS today! We go down to the boat launch and were the only ones there. We knew my sister was coming, DF's sister and fam, oneifnthe best men, some other friends, Josh's parents. We're like, where is everyone?? The boat comes and we don't get on obviously. Sure enough, they all start filing in. We take the next boat and were off!!

IMG_2015.jpg

We still got there before park opening so we wait and wait. When we got in there was a big crowd!
IMG_2022.jpg

We decided to give the boys all the tickets to get fast passes for toy story and the girls headed to rockin roller coaster. It seemed like the boys were taking their sweet time (boys. Ugh) finally they came back and we got in line. It was a short wait and everyone loved it!! Here is Josh and I, one of his best men and his wife (also one of my BM's)
RRC.jpg

Next they all went to tower of terror, Ive only done TOT once and won't do it again, so I waited with my sister and nephew and now SIL and niece. We did some shopping while we were waiting. Turns out one of the elevators went down while they were in line so we had some time to kill. We wandered around for a bit :)
trying on some bride ears:
IMG_2029.jpg

miss addison, our flower girl, trying on some ears!
IMG_2030.jpg

our flower girl and ring bearer sharing :) (ty holds on to those buses for life normally)
IMG_2028-1.jpg

then got in line to see tigger and pooh. Addison my niece is apparently afraid of some of the characters- this was her first visit and shell be 3 in August. My nephew Ty however just turned 2 and this is his 4th trip to Disney already. The characters are like old friends. Lol we figured maybe if Ty went up to them, Addison would too. Finally when it was our turn, Ty went running to hug tigger
IMG_2031.jpg

and Addison threw a crying/screaming fit. :( (this is afterward with her mom, my SIL)
IMG_2036.jpg

We decided to do more shopping instead of seeing the characters and headed to the princess store by Ariel's show. She was in heaven, thankfully!! We wanted to take her to see the Ariel show but The next one was too far away. We got the text they were off the ride and heading towards us- 10 minutes and our fast passes for toy story would be good!! We stopped at one of the carts, go some snacks and water and listened to their stories from TOT. My BIL being silly with the kiddos:
IMG_2039.jpg

and of course Josh bought their picture!
TOT.jpg

I got a photopass photog to come take a pic of our group and we headed to toy story!
IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

We walked right on and everyone loved it!!
IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

I was about 11:45 so Josh and I decided to head back. The remaining guys were being fitted for their suits at 1 and I was haing my nails done! Rehearsal was at 3:30, so a bunch of the group stayed in the park and did more rides! It was getting hot and obviously humid, my hair was frizzing up and I had to put it up so I was glad to head for the ac!

We grabbed the next boat and were on our way! When we got off at the Beach Club, we noticed they were setting up our mock ceremony for rehearsal!
IMG_2058.jpg

I headed to Periwig's at the beach club with my sister and one of my bridesmaids. The salon was, interesting? Definitely very small, no music so it was slightly awkward? Another customer came in and asked to get her hair braided, they asked her to come back in 30 minutes, then when she did they didn't remember her. I said, she's here for the braids?? Like, helloooooo?! Lol.
Here is my pretty bridesmaid getting a pedi:
IMG_2063.jpg

The girl doing my nails was really nice and she did a good job but it was kind of weird.

We had agreed to meet the photographers at 3pm before rehearsal to show them everything since we were going to dinner right afterward. I had originally offered to pick them up, but now since my brother took the car, I had to take it back. I felt like such a shmuck asking them to come over on their own. I emailed them around 2:30 to make sure they were still coming at 3 and then called in case they weren't checking their email. This was all while in the chair still with her painting my toes. I start to freak out its 2:30, we're meeting the photographers at 3, I'm still in the chair and she's still painting my toes. My hair is still a frizzy mess, I have sunscreen on from the park still holy crap. So I call J&M, they tell me they just called a taxi. At 2:30pm, and they're just at CBR. Cue my further panic!! I tell the girl I need to go, put my flip flops on and RUN back to the villas. I realize I'm not going to be able to shower or wash my hair and dry it, clearly. I start texting one of my bridesmaids staying at the beach club to come to my room ASAP and bring her straightener!! Lol.

This is getting long with no pics to entertain. Thank you for reading. Next post? :)Update: Pics added, thanks to twinnie's Doug! :D

I make it back to the room, decide I am definitely showering. I throw my hair up and jump in. I get out and throw my dress on and my bridesmaid shows up with her flat iron. I start makeup-ing and she's behind me with the flat iron. I get a text from J&M they're in the lobby. Ughhhh, we'll be right down?? Lol. My BM was a lifesaver, she got me straightened out and non-frizzy.

We grabbed the parasols for the girls to rehearse with, grabbed the attendant gifts and we were on our way!! I was pretty impressed with this. We met J&M I the lobby and headed for the beach. I felt slightly bad we were late coming down, then when we got to the beach it was sooo hot. Like sweltering :( We met Rev Jack who was adorable by the way, and Vita. I introduced them to J&M and everyone that was down there already. We realized we forgot Rev Jacks payment. Josh ran back to the room to get it so we waited for him to come back. He came and and we realized I had the key to the safe so he couldn't even get it :confused3 Jack was very sweet and said not to worry about it, we could give it to him tomorrow no problem. Phew!!

We started rehearsing, I passed out all the parasols which were part of the girls present (I bought them all light grey, I had light pink and the guests were all getting white), and they all seemed to really like them!! My great hair-saving BM took my camera and snapped a bunch of pics which I promise to add (added!)!

(Girls getting their parasols ready!)
IMG_2065.jpg

(Josh with Rev. Jack)
IMG_2066.jpg

SIL looks like she's on a mission here, but I think Addison's mini-parasol is soo cute!
IMG_2072.jpg

Vita directing us to do something:
IMG_2078.jpg

BM's trying to figure something out I think?
IMG_2086.jpg

Photog Mary workin it
IMG_2100.jpg

Adorable! (if only they had done it by themselves for the wedding... no such luck!)
IMG_2141.jpg

J&M were busy snapping too. We didn't hire them to snap rehearsal, so I'm not sure if they were just practicing. We'll see when we get our pictures if they are included!! Overall rehearsal was pretty casual, Vita didn't really have us go through walking in formally, or tell my girls where to stand etc. we were all getting super hot and they had set up a water station for us, so everyone grabbed some water and we decided we were good! We made sure J&M were set and didn't have questions, they were going to stay around the BW area and scout it out. We were off to 'Ohana. Vita said our mini motor coach was 5 minutes away so I rushed everyone inside to get the bus. All of us are waiting and waiting, Vita is gone nowhere to be found. 20 minutes later, the bus comes. I was starting to get worried something happened since she told me 5 minutes and I was getting anxious everyone was irritated with me since I rushed them inside just to wait around :rolleyes1
For anyone wondering what the mini-motorcoach looks like, here she is! pulling up:
IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

Our awesome menu's Wendy (Ever After Printables) designed!
IMG_2183.jpg

Finally the mini motor coach arrived and we boarded. Off to the Polynesian!! The bus ride was pretty quiet, assuming everyone was hot and hungry! We got to the poly and I ran up to the podium, handed them our menus that our Wendy designed and asked them to place them at the seats. They agreed and handed me a pager!

Waiting to be seated:
IMG_2185.jpg

Our reservation was for 5:05pm, we never eat this early but it was really cool to see- the entire restaurant staff lines up and sings a song and welcomes everyone!
IMG_2186.jpg

Some people in our party hadn't caught the Disney spirit yet and looked at us like, what the heck did you bring us too?! We both soaked it up. We knew Ohana was going to be great!! They seated us at one long table together in the middle of the restaurant and it was awesome!

IMG_2207.jpg

from the other end:
IMG_2209.jpg

Everyone loved the food and atmosphere! I ordered a lapu lapu and a few other people got one too, including my father in law. It was awesome!!
487A81A6.jpg

34FC9785.jpg

At this point it really sunk in I could finally relax and let the wedding events fall into place. I was so excited and happy to be here with so many people that loved us. It was so surreal. I couldn't wait to let loose and have a little fun!! (not that I wasn't before but I was so anxious and stressed until this point wanting everything to go right!)

I was sad the normal lady that does the show wasn't there. :(. It was a man who did the show instead, and all our guests really enjoyed him. Obviously they didn't miss the woman because they hadn't seen her before! They called up all the May birthdays and we had 3 in our party- DH's gram, BIL, and one of my girls. They all went in the middle of the restaurant while we all sang happy birthday to them and they got lei'd. :).
749F7456.jpg

This is when our whole group really started to let's loose and act like kids, the Disney magic sunk in and they were all okay with acting silly. It was awesome! Then they called up the newlyweds and anniversaries, engagements weddings etc. we went up with two other couples, one was celebrating 50+ years married, and the other had just gotten engaged. I had had my lapu lapu and of course was feeling sentimental. Josh told everyone we were getting married tomorrow, and I almost started crying. This was really happening!!! He turned to our long table of 30 people, and said "ALL these people are here for YOU?!" to which they all responded, YUP!! It was so sweet. He then played a song on his ukulele and we danced in the middle of the restaurant with the other two couples.
7E6F9399.jpg

This dinner could not have been more perfect! I think at that exact moment, we roped in anyone who previously judged Disney or the magic. We loved it!

We handed out our gifts, josh got his guys engraved flasks and wooden boxes and I gave my girls tees that I used my bridesmaid transfers on and pink flip flops. I was giving them their real gifts in the morning. Everyone loved them, or so they said. Hahaha. After dinner, we boarded the mini motors coach and headed back to the beach club! Once we got back, we went back to our room, changed into the custom red sox tees I had made and met everyone back downstairs. We were heading to ESPN to watch the sox game!! :goodvibes

We headed off to ESPN, it was really fun just walking with everyone over from the Beach Club, like we were introducing them to something of "ours" :) we had a good turn out, maybe 20 of us by the end of the night.
400DE431.jpg

ESPN was super busy but as people left we took over tables and had a nice little section for our group. I think everyone had a good time and our shirts were a hit!!
IMG_2210.jpg

FA5F0E9C.jpg

Around 10:30 or so, we decided to head back- big day tomorrow!! :banana::banana:

I read the newest segment on the same day you posted it, but figured I'd wait to comment when you added the pics. But I don't want you to feel unloved, so I'm commenting now anyways! :goodvibes

-I don't do ToT anymore either. Two times in my life, and the last time had me screaming "Mother of god, I'm going to die!" and had a number of people laughing at me.
-Aww, poor Addison! Our FG has like no fear, so she didn't have any issues. The RB, however, was stunned silent and shy by Jasmine (his favorite princess)
-Holy stressaroni, twin! I'd be freaking out about the time!
-Aww, I love that your family started getting involved with the magic! :lovestruc
-Yay for a great time at ESPN!

I'm ready for pictures and for more TR now, please! :rotfl:

I love that everyone is starting to relax and go with the flow now!! It sounds like you had a really great group of people. I LOVE Ohana! If our schedule of events had worked out differently, I totally would've done a rehearsal dinner there.

I read the newest segment on the same day you posted it, but figured I'd wait to comment when you added the pics. But I don't want you to feel unloved, so I'm commenting now anyways! :goodvibes

-I don't do ToT anymore either. Two times in my life, and the last time had me screaming "Mother of god, I'm going to die!" and had a number of people laughing at me.
-Aww, poor Addison! Our FG has like no fear, so she didn't have any issues. The RB, however, was stunned silent and shy by Jasmine (his favorite princess)
-Holy stressaroni, twin! I'd be freaking out about the time!
-Aww, I love that your family started getting involved with the magic! :lovestruc
-Yay for a great time at ESPN!

I'm ready for pictures and for more TR now, please! :rotfl:

haha thanks for the love twin! I have added pictures just for you! Thanks so much for helping me figure out photobucket! :) Now onto the wedding day, yippeeee!! :woohoo:

I love that everyone is starting to relax and go with the flow now!! It sounds like you had a really great group of people. I LOVE Ohana! If our schedule of events had worked out differently, I totally would've done a rehearsal dinner there.

Thanks Justine! :goodvibes I was so happy to see everyone relax too! The days all seem to blur together now with how quick everything happened! I'm enjoying going back through day by day and event by event :dance3: Thanks for reading, even without pictures! ;)

Day 4: May 5th, Wedding Day!! :banana:

Josh and I stayed together in our room the night before, I know this isnt the norm, but we've been together so long nothing is changing by staying together. :goodvibes He kept me calmer I think by being able to wake up with him than without him (I was an emotional basketcase the months prior to the wedding). I woke up around 7:30 since my lovely breakfast my bridesmaids had planned for me was at 9AM. I showered, washed my hair (i know i know, but I can't stand to not wash my hair haha), got dressed and met the girls. They all brought their dresses up to be steamed while we were at breakfast. Carolyn Allen's was scheduled to come at 10. I set money for my steaming and all the girls dresses in an envelope and left it with my dad. As the girls started bringing their dresses, the more I looked at them the less wrinkled they were. I only ended up needing to get mine and two other dresses steamed! Bonus! :dance3: We all headed down to breakfast at the Captain's Grille in the Yacht Club!

All my girls were wearing their BM shirts I had made with the transfers and their pink flops. They all looked so cute and it made me so happy! Not one of them complained I was implying they be matchy. Most of them commented how much they liked the shirts (they were a super soft VS Pink shirt) and Ive seen several of them wearing them since we got home

Our table set up
IMG_2220.jpg

You can't really see well, but my girls brought their own centerpieces, menus and favors and set them out. The CM's even helped them make sure everything was perfect. It was so cute and beachy. I loved it!

The menu selections were delish!
IMG_2221.jpg

E59848FA.jpg

I ended up getting french toast that was yummoooo
8D2E41FC.jpg

BM's Shawna (SIL) and Marinella
IMG_2225.jpg

Me with BM's Gretch and Erin (hosts of the breakfast)
IMG_2226.jpg

With all my girls except my sister/MOH - she had breakfast with her hubby since their 5 yr anniv was our wedding day.
IMG_2228.jpg

Don't they all look so cute!?

After breakfast, we headed back to the room. We got finished around 10:45, and Beaute Speciale was coming at 11:30. We hung around waiting and taking in a few minutes to relax (not me, I was anxious as all and wanted to get the show on the road, but oh well!). The boys went over to the Dolphin where the two best men were staying and played basketball, volleyball, in the pool etc. Boys will be boys :) They seemed to have a good time, and included some other male guests which was nice of them too!

This is just before BS came in. I think of it as the calm before the storm. hahaha
IMG_2231.jpg

Me with my dress!
5CCEB383.jpg

Once all my girls came to the room, I gave them their spa robes! I got them all embroidered with their monograms and they all seemed to really love them! They all threw them on without hesitation. It made me so happy! Here they are all laid out for the girls. I also had tags with their names made from Etsy, the back of the cards said "I can't say I do without you!"
IMG_2218.jpg

(close up)
IMG_2219.jpg

BS arrived and came in and owned that hotel room. It was unlike anything I had ever seen! You can tell they totally do this often and knew exactly how to make the most room out of that space. The two makeup girls did make up by the TV, and the 3 hair girls took over the kitchen table area. Everyone was trying hard to stay out of their way, but with so many of us in there, it was definitely interesting!

My niece was one of the first to start (and longest to be finished)
IMG_2232.jpg

My BFSK that was able to come last minute (honorary bridesmaid) came and hung out with us for the day which I loved! She was one of the first to go too!
tric8783

makeup area:
IMG_2247.jpg

love this little girl!
IMG_2248.jpg

My BM Marinella is italian and her family owns and italian bakery here in CT. She had these wedding cake cookies made and brought them with her, delish!
IMG_2251.jpg

All the BS girls were so good with Addison
IMG_2255.jpg

The only slight issue we had was that my sister apparently thought she pre-paid. She called and left her card info on their VM, didnt speak to someone and didn't get a confirmation? So she owed them and had to get cash. My sister made a big deal out of it and of course my mom chimed in, which made me embarassed. Who doesn't speak to a live person to give their card info to pay for something? Who doesnt question why they dont get a confirmation? It was none of the girls' there's faults, so it bothered me and finally I spoke up and told them to drop it. It made me on edge and thankfully they did. Somehow it got smoothed over and everyone was fine again but good lord. All of the girls were more than nice and professional, and all of my girls came out absolutely gorgeous!

DH's gram signed up to get her hair done and apparently didn't want to anymore. No one told me, so I was responsible still. Instead I talked SIL into having Addison's hair done and I paid for that. It was cheaper than his gram's would have been and she looked super cute. Crisis averted. Around 3pm, Mary called me and said they were downstairs. I gave them instructions on how to get up to our room, offered to send someone down but they said they'd find it. A few minutes later, a knock at the door and they were there. I was so glad and excited to see them!
I remember them telling me to try and go last for H&M and I really tried, but started my makeup around 2:30. They came in while my artist was finishing up so I guess it worked out well! Addison stole my camera most of the day so I don't have a ton of pictures. AND i handed my phone and camera to someone so it would come to the reception. Did I end up getting it? No :( I was bummed but I trusted our photogs would get everything I wanted! I am dyyyyying to get their pictures!!!

My adorable niece and Jr. BM Amaya
957ABBED.jpg

Addison getting her hair done:
C945B8CA.jpg

All my girls in their robes!
340605E8.jpg

I hit the max on pictures in that last post, oopsy!! :rolleyes1

So I'm finished with makeup, waiting for hair and getting a little nervous. Everyone is having some lunch- my mom got salad and sandwiches, fruit etc for everyone and wine. I didn't touch a thing. The photographers went into the bedroom with all my detail things, my perfume, my dress, jewelry, shoes, etc. I kept popping in, hopefully I wasn't annoying them but they were new people after I'd been in the room with everyone else for the last four hours. haha And I really enjoy them as people, so I'm sure that helps. They brought along a 2nd shooter (we had 3 for the day total), who was very sweet also.

We hear a knock at the door and all the flowers had arrived!! They brought them into the bedroom, and it was just me, Mary and Rene the photographers, and the floral delivery woman. First she opened my bouquet. Immediately my heart sank. I had built my bouquet up so much in my mind to be this gorgeous ball of peonies and this picture I had seen on pinterest (with ranaunculus and hydrangea mixed in lightly). When she opened the box, all I saw was hydrangea. Immediately, I hated it. :sad1: I didnt have it in me to say anything to her, but I quietly said to Mary, "it's not right". She stayed completely calm and said, what? I thought I was going to cry, not having cried all day, and I said, it's supposed to be more peonies and less hydrangea. She looked down at it, said how gorgeous it was and that hydrangea was her favorite flower. It calmed me in that minute and I was happy she was the one in there with me.

THEN the floral delivery woman brought in the bridesmaid bouquets. She opened them, I looked at them and PANICKED. $165 per bouquet and they were wrong. All wrong. 7 wrong bouquets and $1000 later. She said something to me, I muttered, yup! and grabbed my phone.

TriciaJosh-0032-1.jpg

TriciaJosh-0033.jpg

I was heading to the bathroom to call Laura, our floral planner, where no one could see me cry, be upset, or know anything was wrong. I was trying to keep my cool for everyone else.(Yes now I realize I'm nuts haha). So, as I grab my phone and head to the bathroom on the stealth, I get called for makeup. I keep my cool and go to the chair and sit down. I tell her what I want and she starts. I'm scrolling through the emails on my iphone faster than ever before trying to find Laura's number to call her. All of a sudden I couldn't keep it in, my lip starts quivering and my eyes start to water. Alexie, my makeup artist sees me while she's packing up her stuff and said "what's wrong?!!" of course now all eyes are on me. I try to stay calm but I can't and I let out "the flowers are wrong!!" and start bawling. :scared: The girls from BS were great and kept telling me how many Disney weddings theyve done and Disney will fix this, they will fix this don't worry.
TriciaJosh-0011.jpg

I called the # on the delivery box, no answer. I called Laura, voicemail. Then I called Vita. I'm trying to keep calm but I start crying to her to, the flowers are wrong!!! Now I'm a mess. lol She said, did you tell them? I said no... (I didn't have the heart to tell them their work was wrong, even though I'm sure the woman delivering them didn't actually make them). She assured me they'd come back to get them and I needed to tell them specifically what was wrong. She assured me we had more than enough time to get them fixed. I didnt mention mine, the girls were more drastically wrong to me. They came back and took them all within 20 minutes. The peonies were too dark pink, the ranaunculus was supposed to be light pink and they were a bright pink (too dark) but the worst was my expensive anemones. Laura assured me they had white anemones with green centers and that was what we'd have. Sure enough, they came with black centers. BLACK. In my pink beautiful day of light pastels and whites. Seriously?!?!??! I told them I wanted the ones with green centers. They told me no problem and off they went.

UGH Josh is calling me to turn in for the night. Sorry ladies, I'll be back in the morning! ;)

Hey Tricia!

I've been reading along but had to post... Everything looks great so far!!!! You were wayyyyy calmer than I would have been about the flowers lol they would have seen bridezilla! I can't wait for your next post... Ahhhh your keeping it in suspense! :)

Hey Tricia!

I've been reading along but had to post... Everything looks great so far!!!! You were wayyyyy calmer than I would have been about the flowers lol they would have seen bridezilla! I can't wait for your next post... Ahhhh your keeping it in suspense! :)

Aw, thanks Michelle!! Glad you are reading along :) The flowers didn't get any better... here goes!

So they took the flowers and off they went. My hair was finished and I looked in the mirror and had a wow moment. I look at myself clearly every day, I've had my hair done multiple times and I normally get it done pretty much the same way. My wedding hair and makeup was no different but for some reason I just felt like I was beaming. I forgot about the flowers for a minute, collected myself and moved on. It was time to get dressed!!

We took some pictures in the bedroom first wearing the robes:

TriciaJosh-0035.jpg

TriciaJosh-0001.jpg

TriciaJosh-0002.jpg

then J&M had the girls get their dresses on. My first look with Josh was scheduled for 4PM. I had no idea where we were doing it- we had left this completely up to J&M since we ended up not having time to walk around with them the day before. Addison started playing camera shy for some reason, so we were trying to get her to twirl in her dress and show Mary how pretty her dress was to make her more comfortable. It worked, judging by the super cute picture of her twirling:) I'm excited to see the rest!
Update: we have our pics! :)

TriciaJosh-0012-1.jpg

Then it was time to get into my dress! Mary picked the best spot in the room- facing the window, and we got me into my dress. She had all my BM's line up along the wall behind me in their dresses, and my mom and sister next to me zipping me up.

TriciaJosh-0013.jpg

Once I was in it, she started taking pictures of just me, and I honestly don't remember if my girls were watching or not. It was Mary and I in that moment (which I'm glad I was able to block them out for taking serious pictures etc). I just kept thinking how glad I was to have her there. So crazy how one person you've never met prior to hiring them could be such a calming spirit on your most stressful day :goodvibes

TriciaJosh-0042.jpg

The girls' flowers had not come back, Vita had not come up. We had no idea what was going on with them. No communication at all. It was just about 4 (when we had planned the first look for), so Mary and I headed down to meet Josh & Justin. Let me say that I had wanted this to be a very personal and intimate moment, seeing each other for the first time and letting myself cry so I didn't cry coming down the aisle. They arranged for us to see each other outside in the walkway. It was very pretty, of course there were people we didn't know around and that was fine. I remember walking down the villas and stopping in the atrium. When the doors opened I was hit with a blanket of heat and humidity. Mary blotted me, then told me to wait til she was at a certain spot and start walking (so she could get into place). I did so, and as I started walking towards Josh, I see one of the Best Men there watching, standing right next to Justin with a camera. I was so mad. What was so difficult about DH, me and the photographers? No one else. I tapped Josh on the shoulder, he turned around and it was pure bliss at that very moment. I hugged him and kissed him, then we both looked at each other obviously. J&M were snapping away, then I look over and I see DH's parents. Then the rest of the groomsmen. At this point I am so irriated, and say, why are they all here? Clearly he is not phased and doesn't care they are there, but they are ruining my moment!! :( I tried to forget they were there and take it all in. The Best Man did get a picture of us with DH's phone (we havent seen any of the first look pics yet from J&M)
510EB715.jpg

I exceeded pics so I'll add them in another post!

After we saw each other, we headed into the lobby to take pictures. Man was this a mistake :( First we tried to pose in the front windows between chairs, but all of the groomsmen are standing there watching. I nicely told the J&M I didn't want them there and to tell them to leave. They weren't leaving, so we did and she told them not to follow. I like her ;) Instead we went into the breezeway between the lobby and the portico. We were taking pictures on the couch snuggling and etc, and unfortunately, what seemed like a bus full of DH's family arrived (the ones staying off property). They all walk past us and into the lobby, so now like 10 of them have seen me. We say oh well and keep taking pictures, IDK what was going on but it was busier than we'd seen it in the last 3 days and people were coming and going like crazy. Then another family on his side arrives and sees us too. They whip out their cameras and start taking pictures. Now I'm freaking out. :( I tell Josh I can't stay here, we need to LEAVE, NOW! I tell J&M too and I run back to the Solarium. DH follows and we wait for the photographers to pack their gear and meet us. I felt bad but I couldn't let every single guest see me sitting there. I didn't see Vita once. She was nowhere directing people not to see us. We had our "portraits in the lobby" on the wedding schedule, so who knows where she was. Clearly she was not with us, helping our photographers or keeping our guests from seeing us, ugh.
Another picture from one of the guests:
(can you tell I look irritated?)
31447CD5.jpg

OHH i missed a part- while we were doing our first look in the portico thing outside the marketplace shop, Vita did come over about the bridesmaid flowers. Yes, while we were in the middle of a moment she came to show me an "alternate" flower to the anemones that were wrong. The "alternate" I swear was like a weed looking daisy. Not like your pretty gerbera daisies, like wildflower daisies. And they were dark pink and green. Nothing at all like any other decoration we have. What do you not get about light and girly peonies?! ahhhhhhhhhh I looked at them, looked at Vita. She asked if they were ok, and I said "honestly, they look cheap and I hate them. They're not going to work. Please put back the original flowers". Let me note they removed the ranunculus too. So now the bouquets only had hydrangea, peonies and lisianthas. No ranunculus or anemones (both flowers Laura kept telling me how expensive they were and trying to steer me from them when I was trying to decrease my floral BEO but I kept them). I could tell she was thinking "oh crap". She said ok and scurried off somewhere... still no bridesmaid bouquets. I had no idea how they were going to fix them at this point but I was pissed they even tried to pass off the bouquet she just showed me. ughhhh ok back to pics!

So Mary comes to meet us and we head back to the lobby at the Villas. We find a nice pink couch there and settle in. Justin I think went out to the ceremony to take pictures of our guests arriving and being seated. My girls came down and saw us, at that point I was completely fine with them being there and asked them to wait for us in the Solarium (walkway right across the lawn), off they went! Josh and I finished taking pictures, Mary went to meet up with Justin and said she'd come back and get us. We all hung out for about 5 minutes in the Solarium just waiting, Josh stayed with me and my girls, he is so cute :flower3:

Vita came back to get us and we went out to the lobby. Immediately I could tell the floral people were in the middle of a cluster and didn't know what to do. We walked over to them and they handed out the BM bouquets. They had just removed the ugly flowers. They didn't replace the anemones or the ranunculus, they just took them out altogether. I asked what time it was and it was already 5:05. Ceremony was supposed to start at 5. There was no time to change them, so off we went. The girls had no idea any of this was going on with the bouquets, so they all thought they were gorgeous, and they were don't get me wrong. They just weren't what I designed with Laura. I had given her a fabric sample of the girls dresses on purpose to match the flowers to a light pink. and the anemones. grrr this still bothers me :confused3 Later once we checked into the Poly the next day, we got flowers from Laura, it was an arrangement of the wrong flowers again. It got me so mad! :(
Here are the flowers Laura sent:
IMG_2284.jpg

You can clearly see the white anemones with black centers, the ranunculus here has the correct shade and the incorrect shade- the left side between the anemone and rose is the wrong shade, too dark pink. The bottom point is the right shade, light pink that matches the light pink roses. Maybe I am being cray, but they were wrong. All wrong. :(
This was the inspiration picture for my girls bouquets- notice the white anemones with green centers
flower5.jpg

They were supposed to have this bouquet, minus the pink anemones with black centers, and the lilly of the valley. So foiled... I really wish they had gotten them right!

So, we all now have our bouquets and we're off! We went and lined up by Cape May. The boys went out, then the parents headed out and then my girls.
Everyone lining up:
855BC5D1.jpg

DH didn't want to come down the aisle, so he and his guys walked around the side and assembled in the front.
82612193.jpg

It was just me, my dad, Mary and Vita. Mary showed me a few pictures she had taken of the ceremony and it looked amazing. Seeing everything I planned finally come together and look so gorgeous made me so happy. Despite the flowers and everyone seeing me before the wedding, I was on top of the world in this very moment. I looked out and could see a huge crowd gathering. It was so crazy. I couldn't see far enough to the ceremony, there were too many people blocking it. I could see the color of my pink girls and one by one there were less and less of them. Vita grabbed the back of my dress and we started walking toward the beach!
DD7DAE11.jpg

Thanks to our lovely Jennifer for taking pictures!! I dont have my professional pics back yet, but hers are pretty awesome in the mean time! ;)

As we walked down the walkway from the Beach Club to the lobby, there were so many people it was overwhelming. They were all saying congratulations, some people I did not know were videotaping (no one that I know that I'm aware of taped actually, just people I don't know... hahaha). I remember thinking to myself, never in a million years when I thought about my wedding did I want a public wedding, but this was very public in every sense of the word! My dad and I got to the edge of the beach and I stopped to take off my shoes. My dress was too long for the sand and I knew it. I had my dress hemmed with my 3 inch heels, AND when she did that and showed me, my shoes were showing and I didnt want them to, so she made it longer. I definitely should have thought about this. hahah So, I told my dad I needed to walk slow. I walked on my tip toes and kicked my dress as I walked so that I didn't step on it and trip! haha Thankfully because of the sand, you could really tell (I think?) :)

Rev. Jack made DH keep his back to me until I was at the end of the aisle
807F1A7A.jpg

Like I said, our FG and RB walked by themselves at rehearsal, but not for the real thing, foiled! haha
6AF29CC8.jpg

D1C6050A.jpg

F6AC44DC.jpg

DE23CC0D.jpg

Once my feet hit the sand, it was Josh and I in that moment and it was our wedding. All I could do was smile, from ear to ear. I was so worried I would cry my eyes out and have ugly ugly pictures coming down the aisle. But I was so happy in that moment nothing else seemed to matter. As we got close to the acoustic guitarist, I heard the instrumental of "So this is love..." I had been listening to that CD in the car for months, trying to become immune to it so I would not cry. When it was finally playing and I was walking to my husband to it, it was perfect. So incredibly perfect. I didn't look at one guest down the aisle. I locked my eyes on Josh and walked right to him. As soon as my dad and I stopped, and Josh and I held hands, it occured to me- holy crap is it HOT! LOL
75737202.jpg

1DDC2400.jpg

It was seriously like 250 degrees that day. The whole ceremony I could feel beads of sweat dripping down my lower back and thinking, "if he touches me and feels this sweat... this is so unattractive..." hahaha Seriously so so hot. I was so excited when pictures came in to see that everyone was using the parasols and the fans! And it looked sooo pretty in pictures! Prettier than I could have ever pictured. The whole ceremony was gorgeous. The garden gazebo, the palms, the parasols, everything! At this very moment everything I wanted came true, in the happiest place on earth. The flowers didn't matter, I didn't care everyone saw me too soon, I didn't care my mom was driving me nuts. I was marrying my true best friend, we were saying out loud, in front of our families and friends, how much we loved each other and promised our lives to each other. It was amazing. Pure and utter amazingness. :goodvibes

Reverend Jack started:
Heavenly Father, thank you for Tricia and Josh as they begin their journey through life together- please walk with them each step of the way…and give them the faith, and the wisdom, to face whatever the future may hold…in your name we pray, Amen.

If marriage is to last a lifetime, it must be built upon love. In the 13th Chapter of I Corinthians, the Apostle Paul gives a beautiful description of the type of love it takes to build a happy home:

Love: I Corinthians 13
“Love is patient; love is kind and envies no one. Love is never boastful, nor conceited, not rude; never selfish, not quick to take offense. Love keeps no score of wrongs, does not gloat over another’s sins, but delights in the truth. Love always protects, always hopes, always preserves. Love never fails. Love is eternal.

… And so, we have gathered here in the sight of God, and in the presence of family and friends to unite in marriage, Josh and Tricia.

Marriage is a commitment to life… to the best that two people can discover in each other. No other human relationship can equal such a devoted spiritual, physical and emotional joining that is promised for a lifetime.

Then our good friend Holly did a beatiful reading :)

“Love” by Roy Croft
I love you, Not only for what you are, But for what I am When I am with you.
I love you, Not only for what You have made of yourself, But for what You are making of me. I love you For the part of me That you bring out; I love you For putting your hand Into my heaped-up heart And passing over All the foolish, weak things That you can't help Dimly seeing there, And for drawing out Into the light All the beautiful belongings That no one else had looked Quite far enough to find. I love you because you Are helping me to make Of the lumber of my life Not a tavern But a temple; Out of the works Of my every day Not a reproach But a song. I love you Because you have done More than any creed Could have done To make me good, And more than any fateTo make me happy.
You have done it Without a touch, Without a word, Without a sign. You have done it By being yourself.
726FAF11.jpg

Rev. Jack told her at the rehearsal she better not do a better job than him with her reading. During the wedding when she did an excellent job, he said something funny to her like, I told not to do a better job than me! It was cute and we all laughed!

Then it was time for our vows:
When two people pledge to love and care for each other in marriage, they create a spirit unique to themselves, a spirit which binds them closer than any spoken or written words. (this was the line I loved that I ended up choosing Rev. Jack for)

Marriage is a promise made in the hearts of two people, which takes a lifetime to fulfill. Josh and Tricia, I challenge you to live the words spoken by the greatest of all teachers: “Love each other as I have loved you…and others may see my love in you.”

You are about to look into the eyes of your beloved and repeat words…so simple, yet so profound…words which can stand the test of time as you begin your lives together. These words become a vivid reality with you and the one whom you can share the rest of your life… speak them well… hear them well… do not hesitate to repeat them over and over again. Allow the full meaning of your vows to remain with you, not only at this moment, but forever.. that’s what love is all about!

Will you now please face each other, join hands and repeat after me.

595CCCCD.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

“I, Josh, take you, Tricia, to be my lawfully wedded wife; to have and to hold/ from this day forward/ for better, for worse/ for richer, for poorer/ in sickness and in health/ to love and to cherish/ as long as we both shall live. This is my promise to you.

“I Tricia, take you Josh, to be my lawfully wedded husband; to have and to hold/ from this day forward/ for better, for worse/ for richer, for poorer/ in sickness and in health/ to love and to cherish/ as long as we both shall live. This is my promise to you.

And of course the rings!
The wedding ring is the outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites two loyal hearts in endless love. It is an unbroken circle, signifying that your faithfulness is enduring. It is a fitting symbol of your love for and faith in each other.

E8E35157.jpg

Josh, will you place this ring on Tricia’s finger, and repeat after me: “ With this ring, I thee wed/ and offer a symbol and constant reminder of my love and fidelity.

A576AB1B.jpg

Tricia, will you place this ring on Josh’s finger, and repeat after me: “ With this ring, I thee wed/ and offer a symbol and constant reminder of my love and fidelity.

45C6DF00.jpg

May you always need one another, not so much to fill the emptiness as to help each other know your fullness. May you succeed in all important ways with each other, and not fail in the little graces. Find things to praise, often say ‘I love you”, and take no notice of small faults. May you have happiness, and may you find it in making one another happy. May you have love, and may you find it in loving one another.

Then we were pronounced husband and wife!! :dance3:
FB9BCD5F.jpg

And we ran for shade!!
E27FFD75.jpg

C3A244BD.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter