J&J Vaccine Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaA

DIS Veteran
I’m due to get it this weekend and am pleased to have an appointment but still a little apprehensive. I have an autoimmune disease which honestly makes any vaccine nervewracking for me.

What side-effects have you had post-vaccine?

The viral-vector vaccines have a bit more human testing behind them (not for covid, but other things) which makes me slightly more comfortable with them than with the newer mRNA vaccines - yes, I know the mRNAs are safe, yes I know they don’t change your DNA (hell, the J&J actually uses DNA strand), yes, I know they’ve used mRNA for other things. I’m talking about my personal comfort level. PLEASE don’t share some conspiracy or other articles about how viral vector vaccines are horrible...

DH got the J & J vaccine a few weeks ago. He, and everyone else we know in our age range (mid 30's) felt really, REALLY run down the next day and muscle aches but felt fine a day or two after.

I’m due to get it this weekend and am pleased to have an appointment but still a little apprehensive. I have an autoimmune disease which honestly makes any vaccine nervewracking for me.

What side-effects have you had post-vaccine?

The viral-vector vaccines have a bit more human testing behind them (not for covid, but other things) which makes me slightly more comfortable with them than with the newer mRNA vaccines - yes, I know the mRNAs are safe, yes I know they don’t change your DNA (hell, the J&J actually uses DNA strand), yes, I know they’ve used mRNA for other things. I’m talking about my personal comfort level. PLEASE don’t share some conspiracy or other articles about how viral vector vaccines are horrible...
My 19 year old son got it Thurs. night. He was ok for about 6 hrs and then was feeling really crappy...basically had flu like symptoms for the next 24 hrs. Threw up a couple times, had chills, all his muscles ache, headache and high fever (103.) Then almost exactly at the 24 hr mark he was feeling much better and back to work Sat.

I had Moderna- no real side effects and dh got Pfizer with no real side effects.

I had J & J last month. Got my shot around 2 PM and was really tired by 9 PM. Woke up at 5:30 AM feeling great, thought if I had any side effects that I must have slept through them. At 6:30AM it was like someone flipped a switch. I went from feeling great and getting ready for work to horrible headache and nausea in a matter of minutes. Felt lousy most of the day but by dinner time I was feeling pretty decent. My arm was pretty sore for 3 or 4 days.

I have an autoimmune disease and the first shot wasn't too bad, just got sick to my stomach and tired. The second shot of Moderna was killer, I got vertigo, my arm swelled painfully, all my joints ached like I was in a flare, and I was laid up on the couch for 2 days--as in, I came home from the appointment and collapsed on the couch and barely moved for the next 48 hours, I basically slept for the first 12 hours after that second shot.

Hopefully the one shot J&J is comparable to the first shot of the 2-dose vaccines.

I didn’t get it, but anecdotally the people I know who did all started to feel bad almost exactly 6 hours later, with the worst hitting about 12 hours later. And then feeling back to normal 12 hours after that.

My adult sons both had the JnJ vaccine. They both had fever like symptoms that night (never took their temps). Body aches, chills and the like. One of them had some vomiting. But the next morning? All gone. It's crazy how fast it passed.

My 22 year old got it 10 days ago and had no side effects. I expected something but he was absolutely fine. Maybe a mildly sore arm but he said even that was very mild.

Thanks all. I’ve read that reactions are actually less prevalent after the J&J vaccine so it’s good to be prepared.

I have had both shots of Moderna. I alternated arms when getting them. Some arm pain at the injection site for a few days after the shot and after the second shot felt a little run-down that afternoon, but was ok the next day.

J&J here. Both my husband I got it on the same day. Other than feeling a little “off” for a few hours that day we were both fine.

My 20-year-old son got J&J last Saturday afternoon. He had a mild headache Saturday night, and a mild headache and felt kind of achy on Sunday. He is a runner and decided to skip his run on Sunday (but he's not SUPER diligent about doing it daily anyway). It didn't stop him from doing any of the other things he'd planned to do. He wasn't "sick in bed" at any point and by Monday he said he felt fine.

Last edited:
I have a relative with an autoimmune disease who got the J&J vaccine. They had some soreness around the shot area, but no other side effects.

I received mine on March 8-- (just bought one of those laminating sheet sets--- worked great for the Vax card)
Went at 3:15 AM---- 4:15 PM developed some chills, but nothing that bad--- took 2 tylenol--- By 10PM was fine---
Are sore for 3-4 days, but nothing I even needed Advil for-- Overall, was nothing ! Would have no problem getting it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter