I've read that you should ' Enter through the left tunnel the..UPDATED with QUESTION

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
..first time through and enter through the right tunnel the second time' when you visit Disneyland.

Does anyone know WHY?

UPDATED: Is it because on the left side is the plaque that says: "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy."???

JanetRose said:
..through and enter through the right tunnel the second time' when you visit Disneyland.

Does anyone know WHY?
Never heard that. The right tunnel (as you stand outside DL and look towards Main Street) is where the stroller rentals are, and most experienced folks try to avoid this and go left. I have found the strollers to not be a big obstacle, and we tend to enter thru whichever tunnel is closer to the gate we happen to enter.

We almost always leave thru the left tunnel (which is on the right when you are inside DL and going the opposite direction). I think we have gotten into that habit because we usually leave DL during the day (to go to DCA, for example), and the left tunnel (when facing Main Street) is nearest to where the hand stamping is done. And that is where the exit gates are all day,...and at night usually.

Some people always enter the Parks a certain way, a ritual if you will. Others go with whatever is closest to the ticket gate they came in through....really doesn't matter as both end up in the same place after you come out. Some like to come in through the right and leave through the left, to say goodnight to Walt in his apartment...

JanetRose said:
UPDATED: Is it because on the left side is the plaque that says: "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy."???

Nope. I don't know why but I know it is not because of that sign. Disneyland IS the world of yesterday (frontier/adventure lands), tomorrow (land) and fantasy (land).

I believe these plaques are located over each of the tunnels as you enter from the gates.

I also read the same thing - enter thru the left tunnnel first time . . . I can't remember where I read it, but the reason had to do with what you first see - I believe thru the left tunnel it was that you got a better view of the castle and the Matterhorn.

To me, it appears that the left entrance has a better view to the park. It is also closer to City Hall, so it might be a suggestion to go there first? I'm sure when we were all first introducted to DL (many many years back), we are subconsciously inclined to go through one entrace over the other heh.

Personally, whatever entrance I enter through, I leave through the opposite one.

We go in whichever way looks least crowded - and left side seems that way most of the time! I do think the sign is over both entryways - took a picture of it on the last trip.... We almost always leave on the side of City Hall - don't know why - probably because we're shopping at the Emporium as we go out! Maybe entering on the left gets you through the crowds quicker? The right side always seems more congested to me....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter