I've got Gold, now what?

Eclpz314

<font color=red>ADDICOMNIAC<br><font color=teal>I
I finally received my Loews card in the mail today and it had been upgraded to gold (7 night stay from July) !!!! I've read the new brochure that came with it and still have a couple of questions.

If you've stayed at Universal (particularly RPR) RECENTLY and used the Loews GOLD card:
1.) what was the "free upgrade"
2.) what type of suite for the $35 charge?
3.) did you use any fanclub, entertainment rate, etc?

Thanks for your help!

**where my name and # were on the congratulations letter was
actually a punch-out card with the word "GOLD" on it...almost
didn't realize it was a card! lol

I am Loews Gold. We were at RPR in July and, unfortunately, it didn't do me any good because I had booked my room at the Ent. rate of $110. I actually had a postcard which offered me a free suite upgrade at check-in, if available, but they couldn't give it to me because I had booked at Ent. rate. The clerk told me to hang on to the card for next time. I did receive a nice bottle of wine as my gift and my son received a small backpack with goodies they were giving to teens. However, no suite upgrade for us - boo hoo!

Eclpz - I just received the same letter in the mail today :). My stay was from early June!

I came on the board to ask the same questions you just did, lol!

Teresa

I am still waiting for my card.....Since you have gold, can you call for me???... just kidding.;)

lol! I think I will call down to RPR one of these days. Hopefully, I'll get someone knowledgeable and explain what vacation plan I have. Then I'll just see what they can come up with. I'm sure my 7 night club stay is still in their computer from July, so maybe they'll be accomodating. Who knows? It's worth a try I guess. It would be nice if at the Loewsfirst.com site when you put your membership# in, it came up with a different screen of available choices for blue, gold, etc....like boxes to check off for the perks. Right now it looks the same whether you put your # in or not.

I also received a Gold card from Loews yesterday, after a 6 night stay at RPR in July.

While we were at RPR, my son burned his finger on the coffee maker and it blistered up into a painful sore. We were on our way out and so I went to the gift shop to buy bandaids to cover up the blister so that he would not be afraid to use his hand. No bandaids at either of the gift shops. So I went to the front desk, the Loews desk, and the concierge desk-----no bandaids anywhere! My son was crying at this point and I put a cold wet cloth on his finger. It was not a serious burn, but it was painful. The concierge called security (??) and asked them to bring a bandaid. After waiting 30 minutes with no results, we left the hotel and thought we'd have better luck in the parks. Anyway, City Walk has a first aid station, which we just happened to stumble upon, and the medic put a waterproof bandage on my son's finger.

Anyway, the point of this is that I wrote to RPR to tell them what happened, and hoped that they would have a supply on bandaids on hand in the future. They responded that they were very sorry, and I should direct my letter to Loews themselves. I was given the address and I forwarded my letter.
And then yesterday I get the Loews Gold card. I thought I got the complimentary upgrade in response to my letter LOL!!

I just received my gold card in the mail today, and stopped by here also to ask questions about it! I currently have a club level room booked at HRH during Christmas time, and am now wondering if I should just cancel it and go with a regular room and hope for an upgrade? I t hink I will give them a call soon as well and see what they have to say!

Ouch! I had to get bandaids from someone at the airport at the very start of vacation--smart thing, packing my own and then putting them in the bag that was not carryon! My 17 yr old had a run-in with a table in the airport hotel at 5am. By flight time, he couldn't even get his shoe on...so he boarded the plane carrying an icebag (thanks to a bar/grill in the terminal) and his shoe! Then he gouged his other foot two days later at the coral reef section of Discovery Cove. Any wonder we decided to rent a cabana and take a day off after that? lol

You're one step ahead of me because I haven't actually made a ressie yet! There are soooo many options to choose from. But my family definitely wants club level next July, so I'll work around that with whatever else can be used.

Originally posted by mouseclick1
I just received my gold card in the mail today, and stopped by here also to ask questions about it! I currently have a club level room booked at HRH during Christmas time, and am now wondering if I should just cancel it and go with a regular room and hope for an upgrade? I t hink I will give them a call soon as well and see what they have to say!

We are Gold now, after several stays at the HRH, but have yet to recieve our Gold card. However, it is in the system. We were able to book a standard room at the HRH over NYE at the AAA discounted rate ($224.00 & tax) and were upgraded to club level at the time of booking. When I made the ressie, I was told that the AAA rate was the only discounted rate that could get a free up-grade. I think I ended up calling the Loews number because the Universal number reservationists kept telling me I could not get any type of upgrade unless I paid rack rate. Good luck in your room upgrade quest, but you'll have a great time, no matter what room your in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter