I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J&J is approved but not in use. At least one dose includes those with 2 doses while partially vaccinated does not.
I believe they did use some J&J in Alberta - in two of our higher hot spots. I believe they used it in the Wood Buffalo ( Fort McMurray ) and Banff. There was alot of talk about it, because of the circumstances of the facility " cleanliness" of where it was produced in the US.

Is anyone who had Astra Zeneca any closer to a decision on their second dose ?
My husband is thinking he wants whatever he can get first. I think the main driver behind that is pandemic fatigue and wanting whatever will let him get back to some sort of normal.

Me ? Well I just read that “Early research shows that mixing vaccine types is safe and effective..” and realized that early research also showed that AZ was a lot safer than it turned out to be so I’m not entirely comfortable with early research.

I think I would prefer AZ for my second dose if I can get it in a timely manner. I’m not opposed to mixing , just not feeling comfortable with it yet.
How are the rest of you feeling about it ?

Kenney just announced that Albertans that received their first dose in March can book their second shots immediately. People who received their first dose in April (DH, DD30 and I) can book their second shots as of June 14, and people who received their first dose in May can book their second shot as of June 28. YES! :thumbsup2

Is anyone who had Astra Zeneca any closer to a decision on their second dose ?
My husband is thinking he wants whatever he can get first. I think the main driver behind that is pandemic fatigue and wanting whatever will let him get back to some sort of normal.

Me ? Well I just read that “Early research shows that mixing vaccine types is safe and effective..” and realized that early research also showed that AZ was a lot safer than it turned out to be so I’m not entirely comfortable with early research.

I think I would prefer AZ for my second dose if I can get it in a timely manner. I’m not opposed to mixing , just not feeling comfortable with it yet.
How are the rest of you feeling about it ?

I'm going for mRNA. From what I can see, the mixing of AZ with mRNA provides a more powerful protection than just AZ. Also, there are still risks with the AZ where I have yet to see any with the mRNA. However, if someone contacts me in the next week to get my AZ, I will do it.

I'm going to get whatever is available, I would prefer AZ at 12 weeks. If I can get Pfizer earlier then I think I would do that. Honestly, at this point, I just want to get what I can get :)

I'm pretty much the same. I'm fine with getting AZ at 12 weeks but if it doesn't seem like that is going to happen, I will take Pfizer. I'm not sure that I would do Moderna as second dose though I think it has been approved too but it didn't seem like it had been tested as much in combination with AZ (probably a moot point as Moderna seems to be in short supply).

I’m planning to go with mRNA for second dose. I didn’t do well mentally worrying about VITT for 4 weeks after the first A-Z, and it seems like mRNA will be even more effective and easier to get.
Yes to this too. I didn’t worry too much about Vitt, but then last week I developed redness all over my legs. I was past the 28 d mark and was quite certain it was sun related, but the vitt issue did cause needless worry.

I'm hoping that the regional health units update their websites to reflect those people whose first shots were AstraZeneca many, many weeks ago.

I got my AZ one week after my parents in their 90's got theirs. They are eligible for 2nd dose now, so I hope it isn't too long before us early AZers can get the 2nd shot.

Last edited:
Yes to this too. I didn’t worry too much about Vitt, but then last week I developed redness all over my legs. I was past the 28 d mark and was quite certain it was sun related, but the vitt issue did cause needless worry.
Not to increase your anxiety, but they increased the monitor time for VITT to 42 days. Of course it was literally 2-3 days after my 28 had passed 😑

Just sharing my reasoning for wanting the Pfizer (PZ) now for second shot and not the AstraZeneca (AZ).

I have been undergoing regular blood testing to try and figure out a autoimmune disorder for months.
I get regular cramps in my legs from who knows what yet and a Popliteal cyst ,,,, so how would I know if they are related to the vaccine and I don't want to make medical visits during Covid 19.

Work has said everyone will have to be in person in Sept ,,I need that higher efficiency rate with mixing if I am going into an old building (150 yrs plus) with a hundreds of kids that have not received the Vaccine yet. I also do a lot of personal care so I am in very close contact with them.

Stress levels,,, waiting 42 days to see if I'm going to throw a blood clot (VITT) is too much for me right now.

Dr.s openly saying they would not get the vaccine and not give it to their families was a definite..... ok then .......:upsidedow .

Now I respect others and their choices and if the AZ is right for you then by all means go for it.:flower1:

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Not to increase your anxiety, but they increased the monitor time for VITT to 42 days. Of course it was literally 2-3 days after my 28 had passed 😑
Shaking my head. I’m sure I’m fine. My new blood pressure meds apparently cause sunlight sensitivity and I’m improving day by day. It’s basically Disney rash, if anyone has heard of that. A type of vasculitis.

What terrible messaging. I know the science is new, but come on!!!!! The science of the AZ vaccine is actually not new. Definitely seeking that mRNA vaccine for the second go around then.

Just checked and I’m past day 42!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter