I've been busy in the kitchen!!

yummy72

DIS Veteran
Well I've done my baking for the year! This is what I have made in the last 24 hours:

2 batches of Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge Trees
5 dozen Peanut Butter Cookie (mini muffins) with mini Reese's in the center
Peppermint Bark
Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes
Chocolate Kahlua Balls
Chocolate Chili Cookies
3 batches Sausage Cocktail Rye "pizzas"
2 batches Tortilla Pinwheels
2 batches Queso for DD's school party today

I have Lemon Whippersnappers dough chilling in the fridge and 5 mini loaves of Pistachio Bread in the oven. I am taking a "computer break" before I head back to the kitchen to mix up triple chocolate caramel cookies and thumbprints.

Tomorrow I will be in the kitchen all day because I am helping a friend give a dinner party for 50 people tomorrow night.

I'll be sleeping in on Friday :D

Next week for Xmas Morning I am making Raspberry Coffee Bread and Rum Glazed Coffee Rolls

Happy Baking Everyone!
Candi

Wow! I am impressed, I don't think I have baked that much in my lifetime!! I wish I was one of the lucky ones to enjoy your treats!!
Grover in Winnipeg
:D

Candi,
My feet hurt just reading the list! Sounds great.

Could you (when you have time to take another break from the kitchen of course) share your recipe for peppermint bark with us?..sounds interesting..but I don't think I have ever had it..also the chocolate dipped candy canes sound really good..these might make good "stirrers" for hot chocolate?..thanks in advance..Happy Holidays to all!

I feel the same way! On saturday, my mom, my sister and I decided to do our own cookie exchange. While it was great fun, it was alot of work. We decided to make this a new tradition. My husband wants me to make his mother, brother and wife some cookies, soooo I am back in the kitchen tonight. Also, I have to make two lemon pound cakes and an old fashioned caramel cake. Oh, did I mention that we leave for WDW on Sunday. Good thing I love to bake.

I agree with Tammy, good thing I like to bake or I would be in trouble!

The candy canes: I just took that chocolate (or white chocolate) candy melt stuff (found in the baking section) melted it in the microwave. Dipped the bottom half of the candy cane into it, then sprinkled it with red and green "sprinkles" (non-pareils I think they are really called...you know the "cupcake sprinkles") and let cool on waxed paper. Coffee/Cocoa stir sticks is exactly what I had them in mind for.

Peppermint Bark

My friend "adapted" this recipe after we saw it in the Williams Sonoma catalog. We figured we could make it too.

Melt 2 12oz. pkgs of Bakers white chocolate chunks in a metal bowl over a steaming pan of water.

Line the bottom of a large cookie sheet with foil. When white chocolate is warm and melted, pour and spread on foil side. Chill until hard. About 10 minutes.

Melt 1 12oz pkg baker's semi sweet chocolate chunks and 10 Tablespoons of whipping cream in a sauce pan over low heat. Add 1/8 t of peppermint extract. Pour and spread over white chocolate mixture.

Top with crushed peppermints. ( I used 12 regular candy canes)

Of course I didn't bother to read her instructions, so mine has the semisweet chocolate on bottom, and the candy canes mixed into the white chocolate on top. Either way it tastes the same, but hers turned out "prettier"

I'm off to cook for the dinner party. If I "survive" I will post that menu sometime.

Happy Baking,
Candi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter