Its time to make a change...(comments welcome)

mumofellis

Earning My Ears
Well after many months of saying to myself I will start my fitness and weight loss regime I decided 8 weeks ago it was time to be serious and give my own butt a kick :laughing:

I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries when I was 19 and was told I would struggle to lose weight and possibly couldnt have kids. Well they were right about the weight loss!!! Its very difficult and sometimes quite disheartening, which anyone who is unfortunate to have the same condition can probably sympathise with. The up side though was what I thought was terrible heartburn for 14 weeks was infact my pregnancy and I had my little boy Ellis in March 2009. He is a little sweetheart however he is so quick on his feet I was beginning to struggle to keep up therefore I knew I had to change my lifestyle.

So I bought myself the biggest loser for my wii, started zumba and joined the gym only for cardio and upper body weights and I have lost 21lbs so far! I have a loooong way to go and I know its going to be a long slog but I am so determined to make a change.

I hope you join me in my journey. I would be glad of any comments and advice from anyone who has maybe found themselves in a similar situation to me :goodvibes.

Also, I work in a Police Control Room for 54 hours 6 days running, 2 days, 2 backshifts and 2 nightshifts. Does anyone else find it difficult to eat healthily and exercise around a crazy shift pattern?? Some weeks feel like I havent made much effort because I have missed my classes whilst at work :confused3

So tonight I headed to the pool and did 60 laps in about 55 minutes which is about average for me. Im not the fastest swimmer but I have managed to double my lengths in the last 8 weeks so I am pleased with that. I turned up to find it was adult disco swim night :confused3 and the theme was flowers!! Well the DJ ran out of songs about 15 minutes in :rotfl2: bet he wished he had thought that through!!

Now watching Biggest Loser on TV for thinspiration :banana:

Have a great night everyone

45 minutes of Biggest loser on the wii yesterday. Sometimes I think I am making real progress with this programme and then other times I find it really exhausting :confused: then the lovely Bob tells me I really could be doing better and I start getting grumpy and take tantrums like a 2 year old :rotfl2:

I did another 30 minutes in the pool this morning before work and did my weekly weigh in - another 3lbs down so I am really happy with that :thumbsup2

Working nightshifts this weekend which means eating very little food and very little sleep, hopefully manage to keep my momentum going.

Congrats! I too work loooong hours/odd hours and find it hard to get myself regulated. GOOD GOING! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for your kind comments :lovestruc

As predicted, nights make this really difficult however this is my last one so I have no excuses, Im sooo going to go for it this week and have another good weigh in on Friday!

Missed my Biggest Loser Yoga 40mins today due to being asleep :lmao: do you think that will cut it with virtual Bob and Jillian??? Prob not huh!

Oh well heigh-ho heigh-ho as those cute little fellows said its off to work I go x

Well here we go start to a new week and I am feeling quite good. I have caught up with my Biggest loser, panic over :laughing:

Went for a wee swim last night. It was ladies night and I had to dodge round old ladies desperately trying not to get their hair wet and having a good old gossip or alternatively swimming widths instead of lengths :confused3

Eating is back on track now that I have a few days off. Must go to the grocery store and stock up for the rest of the week :headache: Hopefully its quiet and I can whizz round.

Have a great day

Cant wait, its zumba night tonight!! I really love this class, I would recommend it to anybody. Going to weigh in tonight instead of tomorrow morning, I use the gym scales so may as well get it over and done with :scared1:

Wish me luck x

Well zumba was fantastic as usual, I had really missed it. I stayed the same weight this week :sad2: really mad at myself that I couldnt fit as many workouts in as I had all the previous weeks but I guess going back to full time hours is really going to make a difference and I have to alter my plan to fit round that now :teacher: back to the drawing board!

I also have a night out planned this weekend for a colleague who is leaving. Its beer and pool, typical guys night out although I am more of a vodka and lime and cheerleading type :cheer2: I still want to go and it will be interesting to see how this effects my weight loss :confused3

Anyway, have a fabulous weekend x

Sorry I havent been keeping up to date with my journal. Work has been mega busy and I had a wee zumba related back injury :rolleyes:

Anyway back on track this week, managed to catch up with my biggest loser workouts and keep my eating in check and managed to lose 3lbs. People at work have started commenting which is always a lovely boost to your confidence I am sure you will all agree! :banana:

Hey everyone, I am back and determined to keep this going! I was continuing my weight loss quite successfully until about February of this year I had lost about 30lbs and was feeling really good. I then found out I was pregnant in March and was feeling dreadful! Unfortunately the baby wasnt developing properly and I miscarried at 14 weeks.

It has been 2 weeks now and I have decided that in order to keep my mind occupied I want to continue on my journey of being fit and healthy! I think that setting myself a goal will help me come to terms with the last few months and give me some closure. My baby will always be in my heart but I knew throughout the whole time I was pregnant that there was something wrong, I think us mums just know.

So Disers I am looking forward to your comments. I started the Couch to 5k yesterday, week 1 day 1. Its really not easy!! Aquaerobics tonight for the first time, thought it might be a bit more gentle to get me back in the way of exercise again. Will be doing my second c25k run tomorrow, see how that goes!

Well day 2 of the c25k today - that is not easy at all!! Aquaerobics was lots of fun but I am really missing my zumba, think if the doc says ok I will be back to class next week :thumbsup2

Decided to start a weight loss class today, so wish me luck! I went to this class years ago and used to really enjoy it. Its a bit like WW, a points counting system. Dread the first weigh-in but hey ho, it has to be done.

Well, day two of points counting! Met my friend for breakfast this morning and avoided the pancakes and had poached eggs on wheat toast - go me! Week 1 day 3 of C25K, my poor little legs are sore! I am considering going to the gym and trying it on the treadmill tonight instead of outside, slightly concerned that I will look completely out of place and get laughed at - chubby gym class anxiety rearing its ugly head from school!! :lmao:

well, got to the gym and it was totally full! I guess its because of the terrible weather we are having. Decided as I was at the Y anyway I would head into my zumba class and give it a try. I managed to do it but it was definately too soon :mad:
Will go to the gym early tomorrow and do my day 3 of C25K!

Hi!

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. :grouphug: I also have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, and I completely understand how difficult it is. I was never able to have any children, which I think I have finally come to terms with. I now just want to get the weight issues under control, so I can feel healthy & energetic again!

Good for you for getting right back to your healthy habits! I will try to stop by as much as I can, to give encouragement. Feel free to come read my WISH journal. Here is the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2934441

See you around!!!
Nan :flower3:

Thank you so much for your kind words, its nice to have someone with similar problems reading along and I am enjoying reading about your journey too. It took me more than ten years before I fell pregnant with Ellis. We werent actively trying but not preventing either, our attitude was whatever will be will be. I had lost about 25lbs and had one period after 12 years of no periods at all and I got my little surprise so never say never! I was the girl who vacationed 3 times a year, went to every party and lived life for the moment because I was never going to have a baby :confused3
Oh and I still vacation too often, like to go to parties and live life to the moment :thumbsup2 my boy just comes along too!

So I went to my 'fat class' as I call it and only managed to lose 1lb :sad1::sad2: so I came home and googled whether or not it could be my hormones after my recent loss and have been reassured that I probably wont be able to lose much for a couple of months and really should be careful with my exercise until at least 6 weeks after - oops!
It has made me feel a bit better but my 'bump' is upsetting me a bit, its a constant reminder. Thats the first time I have said that out loud :confused: does that make me a bit selfish?? I dont know, I think I am just concerned that someone may ask me when I am due without knowing and I will be in the embarrasing situation of having to explain :sad2:
So tonight I am going to go to the pool and swim some laps, take my mind off things.
Hope your all having a lovely day xx

Oh, sweetie! I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I hope you enjoyed your swim and that your day got better! Sending positive thoughts and pixie dust your way! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter