"It's Time for the MONORAIL PUB CRAWL!" April 2013 Trip Report**COMPLETE 7/14

I'm finally here! Thanks so much for posting the link! I'm really bad at finding TRs for some reason. :lmao: Anyways, UGH that travel day must have been so stressful, but thankfully it all worked out okay!

I have to say I totally agree, fountain soda is the BEST.

AHHH YAY ROYAL ROOMS!!!!! I'm staying in a Royal Room on my trip and all these pictures are making me SO EXCITED! (Shh... don't tell anyone though. ;))

Anyways, YAY! Can't wait for more!

Hi Rachel,
I saw the link in the last report, so I had to bounce over to this one. I'm happy to report that I did in fact book a solo trip leaving this Saturday (EEP) thanks in part to your solo TR.

I just think it's so cool that you booked a trip with a fellow DISer. :cool1:

I remember reading about the flight issues in the last TR, so really glad it all
worked out.

Plus, even though I'm a guy, that room is AWESOME!! :goodvibes

I had no idea that those rooms existed at Port Orleans! Did some research and saw that it is a fairly new addition.

By the way, I read your earlier trip report prior to seeing this one. Loved your photos and saw that you shared your Instagram name so I decided to follow you on there. You take some fantastic photos!!

I'm sorry I'm so late but I'm here!!! :cool1: Wow, glad you made it out before the snow! That's what I was dealing with on our November trip, I almost switched flights, but I waited it out and luckily, we made it to Disney! But that's a stressful situation!

Yay a POR Royal room! Didn't you love it? Sooo pretty! I'd love to stay in one again, I love all the details, and just POR in general is pretty perfect! :thumbsup2

I stopped outside and checked out our beautiful view. I loved how it was straight on of that fountain. It made for beautiful pictures.

I headed down to the parking lot and told her exactly where to park and then I took a picture of our building with the sun in the background and sent it to Corey; I am mean!

All of a sudden I heard my name and saw them pulling up!! They arrived about 5:30.

We hugged and were finally happy to be in Disney together!

I helped them take their stuff up to the room, which only took one trip surprisingly, then we got settled in.

Patty poured me a glass of yummy Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc and it was delicious! My first time ever having Sauvignon. I have always thought it was a dry wine but not the Cupcake brand!

Emme was so cute wearing her tinkerbell outfit.

They loved the room so much! We were all blown away.

We realized that we had way too much Vera Bradley! 5 Things and not one repeat design! Pretty good.

While Patty was unpacking I showed Emme the headboard and how if you press the button there was fireworks on the headboard! She loooved that!!! And so did us adults.

Emme was just so hyper!! She was so happy to be in WDW!!

She loved the pillows that came on the bed and was bouncing and jumping all over the place. So cute!

Her Tinkerbell dress was soo sparkly and she was bouncing around so much that all of the glitter got all over the bedspread. Haha, needless to say I kept finding glitter all over the place all weekend! She thought that was funny.

About this time I noticed the hidden mickeys in the light. Gotta have the mickey along with the princesses :)

When they arrived in the room I let Emme open up the scroll from Tiana. She loved that scroll and carried it around for the entire rest of the day.

We were running a little late for our reservation at Hollywood Brown Derby which was at 6:40. I don't even think we got to the bus until 6:30! ( going back in my texts to Corey those are the times it says)

Emme and I had fun on the bus with that scroll she was carrying around! We would each take turns holding it up to our ears and the other would say something in our ear. It tickled and she thought that was funny!

Next up: Hollywood Brown Derby

I am determined to avoid pins. I am telling myself that this Vinylmation thing is just to get my mom an Eeyore - but seriously, who am I kidding??
That is how I was about pins, now that I have started it is going to go downhill fast! I already bought another pin on Ebay!!
We live in Eagan, so not too far away. I am soooo tired of winter? or is it spring?. I have to jump on DisBoards to live vicariously through all the trip reports from Disney World.

Don't usually post much but saw a fellow Minnesota and a snowy start to the trip, so I decided to comment.

Can't wait to follow along.
Eagan isn't too far away even though I don't think I have been there. 73 on Saturday! yay!
Subbing!

Off to start at the beginning now :)
Thanks Linda!!
Your pictures are making me SO excited! We are heading down on may 17th, and staying in a royal room too! I love the crowns on the bedspread!

Also, your puppy is soooo cute! I have a cocker spaniel, so I love all cocker mixes :)
Have so much in your royal room! You will love it!!! Cockers are soo cute! I love anything mixed with a cocker in it too!
Just found this.
Glad you were able to get down there.
I have a charger like that.
The new desks at ME are nice.
I am on the phone now with Pepsi to tell them how you enjoyed the coke. LOL
The room looks fantastic.
Can’t wait for more.
Haha. Room was fantastic! I was soo glad I got there on time. I didn't think I wouldn
I'm here! We are booked at POR for November and I am sooooooo close to changing to a Royal Room. So pretty. Can't wait to hear the rest.
I loved the royal room sooo much!! So much that in fact I want to book it again in December but we probably will stick with a regular room. I want to do POR again or a split stay with deluxe and a value!
Hi Rachel! I SWEAR I posted this on Saturday, but somehow...apparently I didn't. You know me...there was probably something shiny in the room and I got distracted...:rolleyes1

I don't know about you, but I am SICK of this weather. Currently my 5 day forecast is telling me we will alledgedly have high 60s by the weekend. We shall see...

The pictures of your princess room have me reconsidering our Little Mermaid room! SOOOOOO amazing!

I can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Lol you crack me up! I am so sick of this weather too!! Seriously it is the longest winter ever! The little mermaid room is awesome too though! Just depends on how much you want to spend.
I'm finally here! Thanks so much for posting the link! I'm really bad at finding TRs for some reason. :lmao: Anyways, UGH that travel day must have been so stressful, but thankfully it all worked out okay!

I have to say I totally agree, fountain soda is the BEST.

AHHH YAY ROYAL ROOMS!!!!! I'm staying in a Royal Room on my trip and all these pictures are making me SO EXCITED! (Shh... don't tell anyone though. ;))

Anyways, YAY! Can't wait for more!
I won't tell anyone about the secret! I guessed wrong though:( I guess I will find out what the other secret is. You will love it sooo much, it is amazing.
Hi Rachel,
I saw the link in the last report, so I had to bounce over to this one. I'm happy to report that I did in fact book a solo trip leaving this Saturday (EEP) thanks in part to your solo TR.

I just think it's so cool that you booked a trip with a fellow DISer. :cool1:

I remember reading about the flight issues in the last TR, so really glad it all
worked out.

Plus, even though I'm a guy, that room is AWESOME!! :goodvibes
So happy you booked a solo trip!!!! Have so much fun!! I am jealous.
I had no idea that those rooms existed at Port Orleans! Did some research and saw that it is a fairly new addition.

By the way, I read your earlier trip report prior to seeing this one. Loved your photos and saw that you shared your Instagram name so I decided to follow you on there. You take some fantastic photos!!
Yay another instagram follower! Thanks so much for the compliment. I will add you now. Yes those royal rooms are pretty new I guess. They were new but to the point of being broken in enough for kinks to be worked out.
I'm sorry I'm so late but I'm here!!! :cool1: Wow, glad you made it out before the snow! That's what I was dealing with on our November trip, I almost switched flights, but I waited it out and luckily, we made it to Disney! But that's a stressful situation!

Yay a POR Royal room! Didn't you love it? Sooo pretty! I'd love to stay in one again, I love all the details, and just POR in general is pretty perfect! :thumbsup2
That is stressful. I hate the snow. I remember when you posted all of your instagram pictures of the royal room. I loved the details too and still remember your detailed pics :) Your pics made me excited to stay there.

I love the POR rooms !! Emme is so cute !! I love how you and Patty became friends on the DIS and take trips together. She looks like she would be fun !!

Saw your updates on the live thread and thought I would check out your report! Glad you got out of town before it got too bad driving to work that morning was HORRIBLE! Your room looks so girls I would love it..... The husband and son not so much! Can't wait to read more and see if someone can give Brown Derby a good review, lately everyone I read is either meh or down right horrible.

I love the POR rooms !! Emme is so cute !! I love how you and Patty became friends on the DIS and take trips together. She looks like she would be fun !!

she is super fun! We had so much fun together.
Saw your updates on the live thread and thought I would check out your report! Glad you got out of town before it got too bad driving to work that morning was HORRIBLE! Your room looks so girls I would love it..... The husband and son not so much! Can't wait to read more and see if someone can give Brown Derby a good review, lately everyone I read is either meh or down right horrible.
thanks for joining in ! I appreciate it. ours isn't too glowing of a review- it is actually up on the dining review boar already if you are interested :)

awe so cute,little girls are the best I know i've got 2 n they are superfun!

yes they are the best! I only have a little girl-dog lol!

What great theming for the headboard! How do they do that? Stupid question here but are they fiber optic lights??

Love the Vera collection! You guys are like an ad for the company.

Cute photo of Emme on the bed. :)

Those Royal Rooms look really nice :)

Have you seen the Vera Bradley Disney Collection that they are launching this year?

Looks like you better start saving up!

I work in EDP. Don't worry, this weather is VERY unusual. Nice from now on!!!

My last trip was Oct. 2011 @ the Poly. Great trip, but just like everyone else I need to live through these TR's when I'm away.

Thanks for writing!

Yay! I'm so glad I found your new report!!! How exciting! You had me nervous just reading about your flight! I'm so glad you made it!

Now, I gotta ask about the iPhone charger thingy that you mentioned--how does it work!

Oh my gosh, that room is gorgeous! I've been wanting to stay at POR for a while, and seeing all the beautiful decor makes it even worse!

It sounds like this trip is off to a great start...I can't wait for more!

I gotta rewind a bit. We left for our 6:40pm reservation at 6:30pm, so a little late, but not too late.

It was Patty's first time seeing the grounds and she loved it.

I loved these signs on the lights. Each princess had their own sign.

The fountain again!

One of my favorite views was walking up to the bridge and looking at the river. It was gorgeous. I loved how our building was right on the river.

Here is Emme and me on the bus playing with her scroll that she loved.

We got to Hollywood Studios and Patty noticed the picture opp and we stopped to take pictures of the topiaries out in front. Good thing we stopped because they were one of my favorite pictures from this trip.

Park entering!! Finally! I used my 6 Day No Expiration Park Hopper Water Park ticket and was going to upgrade it to an annual pass.

Now we had a bit of a mini Emme meltdown here. We passed one of the stores with all of the toys out and she saw something she wanted. I think she wanted a minnie hat or a tinkerbell doll. Either way she got a little emotional and started crying.

Well, one of the workers saw Emme crying and he came and gave her a tinkerbell light up toy for her drink!!! It was so sweet because those things are like $6! I love pixie dust. It is so much fun to go with a kid because as an adult I never get pixie dust!! Not fair! The light up tinkerbell brightened her mood and she was happy!!

We got sat in a half round booth that was a perfect table. The restaurant was gorgeous!

Menu.

Bread and butter. The bread was pretty hard and nothing special but the butter was good and a whipped consistency. Loved the butter.

I ordered the appetizer cobb salad minus blue cheese for my appetizer. This was okay. I didn't care for the dressing but I loved the finely chopped greens. The avocado was nasty, it was bad or something because it was bitter and tasted fake. I wouldn't get the salad again.

I ordered the chicken with celery root puree and it was stuffed with red pepper and chorizo topped with asparagus.

This was pretty good. It wasn't too hot which was upsetting. I am weird though because i like my foods piping hot. I loved the asparagus and the celery root puree and the red pepper sauce. The chicken was just okay. The chorizo was a little too chewy though.

We had to order dessert! One of the reasons I wanted to come here was because of the grapefruit cake. Patty and I decided to split it.

This was so good!!! It was so light surprisingly. The grapefruit wasn't too overpowering and the tart grapefruit went well with the whipped cream cheese frosting. The layers inside were so light and fresh. Loved it!

The restaurant was not busy at all. There was barely anyone in.

Also, our server wasn't great. He got us everything we need but he wasn't friendly at all. I think the first thing he said to us when he came over was what do you want to drink? I think if you a server at disney world you need to be friendly and he wasn't!

All in all, it was an okay meal at HBD. I don't think I will be back unless someone I went with wanted to go. It just wasn't memorable. It was a "try it once and cross it off your list" place. My goal is to eat at every Disney restaurant so I am one restaurant closer now!

Next up: PM Hours at Hollywood Studios!

Yay for an annual pass !!!

That cake looks yummy.

Bummer that HBD didn't live up to its expectations.

Hopefully you made up for it later in the trip.

What great theming for the headboard! How do they do that? Stupid question here but are they fiber optic lights??

Love the Vera collection! You guys are like an ad for the company.

Cute photo of Emme on the bed. :)
Your guess is as good as mine lol! Maybe fiber optics? We did have a lot of Vera, I literally have about 12 other bags at home!
Those Royal Rooms look really nice :)

Have you seen the Vera Bradley Disney Collection that they are launching this year?

Looks like you better start saving up!
They were very nice! Yes, I did see those bags! I definitely do need to start saving because I will be buying a lot!
I work in EDP. Don't worry, this weather is VERY unusual. Nice from now on!!!

My last trip was Oct. 2011 @ the Poly. Great trip, but just like everyone else I need to live through these TR's when I'm away.

Thanks for writing!
Thanks for joining! I am so happy about the weather today and tomorro
Yay! I'm so glad I found your new report!!! How exciting! You had me nervous just reading about your flight! I'm so glad you made it!

Now, I gotta ask about the iPhone charger thingy that you mentioned--how does it work!

Oh my gosh, that room is gorgeous! I've been wanting to stay at POR for a while, and seeing all the beautiful decor makes it even worse!

It sounds like this trip is off to a great start...I can't wait for more!
The iphone charger is like a portable thing that you can charge up through your computer or the iphone wall charger. Then whenever you need to charge your phone you just hook it up to that and it charges it. It is really great especially for Disney! You need to stay at POR, it was sooo nice!! Definitely makes the values look pitiful. Thanks for joining in happy to have you here!
Yay for an annual pass !!!

That cake looks yummy.

Bummer that HBD didn't live up to its expectations.

Hopefully you made up for it later in the trip.
Yes we did make up for it! I am so happy about this annual pass but I literally want to go all the time now!

After our dinner we decided to go look for Emme's new toy!

The store signs on Main Street are so creative! I loved this watch that I have never really noticed before.

We went to the toy store on the right side of the "main street" (coming out of the park).

Emme collects those disney babies so Patty wanted to give her a tinkerbell baby since she was wearing a tinkerbell outfit but there wasn't any tinkerbell babies. There was only a tinkerbell that was kind of weird looking, it was more like a stuffed doll. Emme said she wanted that but when Patty went to pay she asked if they had the tinkerbell baby and when they went to look out they came with a tinkerbell baby!

Emme was so happy! (sorry for the bad picture)

Our plan was to head over to watch Fantasmic! at 10pm. It was about 8:45 so we figured we should head over there.

On our way we saw them starting to put the tape down for the line to get in. As we passed we saw someone saying something to the CM along, "Why are you doing that? You're just going to bring all of these people in there again just to cancel it again for lightning??" They were not happy. I guess the first show was cancelled because of lightning in the area.

I really wanted to ride Tower of Terror so Patty and Emme waited in the line to get into the theater.

The wait for ToT was only 20 minutes. It went pretty quick. I was in line taking pictures and all of a sudden got bombarded by a group of about 30 high schoolers, oh great.

This lamp is cool!

Finally got a decent picture of the TV.

Now onto the ride.

I must have had the group of high schoolers in the car with me because they were the most OBNOXIOUS group I have ever witnessed. After the ride I was infuriated.

The girl sitting right next to me was the most annoying person ever. I got so mad. The entire time she kept yelling, "Spoiler Alert: then yelled whatever was going to happen". She said a spoiler alert about the window at the end, the fall, and going down the hallway. It was soooo annoying because she was yelling for the whole car to hear.

Also, her and the person next to her kept lifting their arms up repeatedly and banging as hard as possible the back of the walls of the ride. The entire ride, while it was going! They were banging it so loud that I thought they would stop the ride. So I told them that they might want to stop doing that before they were kicked off of the ride. They just looked at me, and kept doing it. Seriously??? UGH I hate teenagers sometimes and yes I used to be one of them!

I just got so annoyed because it is obviously isn't safe to be pounding the walls while the ride is going and falling many stories!

After I got off it took me about 10 minutes to cool down. During the ride Patty was texting me that Emme was scared of Fantasmic and didn't want to see it anymore. I originally had my heart set on it to take photos but when I learned that the first show was cancelled I realized it would be very busy with people who didn't see it and I just didn't feel like dealing with crowds.

So we decided to check out Toy Story Mania instead!:goodvibes

We haven't seen Fantasmic in a while. We hope to see it again when we go back in September. We will be staying at Beach Club, so we will be relatively close by. Hopefully, that will help.

that cake loks really good hmmmmm wonder if i can get a walk up n just do dessert???? I think I might just try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter