It's that time of year again....would love rhubarb recipes

jiminyC_fan

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

Well, it is time for me to go pick my rhubarb. I am tired of the same old recipes. Anyone have any rhubarb recipes that they would like to share? Thanks!

I always liked my grandmother's rhubarb pie.

Rhubarb Custard

2 eggs, separated
2 Tbl flour
2 Tbl melted butter
1 c sugar
1 c milk
Beat whites separately. Bake 10 min at 450 then 1 hour at 350.

I was going to post my recipe for rhubarb custard pie. LOL! Great minds think alike! You might like to try on of these too.

Rhubarb Tarte
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
pinch of salt
1 tbsp. sugar
Mix together to make crumbs. Press in pan and bake at 350º for 10-15 minutes.
3 eggs, separated
rind of 1 orange
1-1/4 cups sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 cup milk or cream
3 cups diced rhubarb
Beat egg yolks slightly, add sugar, flour rind and milk. Stir in rhubarb. Pour over base. Bake 1 hour. Top with egg whites beaten with 6 tbsp. sugar. Bake another 15-20 minutes.

Rhubarb bread pudding
4 bread slices
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3 cups 1" rhubarb pieces
Spread each slice of bread with about 1 tsp butter. Cut buttered bread into 1/2" cubes. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Arrange half of rubarb in bottom of greased 8" baking dish. Top with half of bread cubes and half of sugar mixture. Repeat. Dot with remaining butter. Cover and bake in 375º oven for 20 minutes; uncover and bake for 20-25 minutes more or until lightly browned.

My favorite (and its in the oven right now)

Rhubarb Squares

1 cup flour
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup butter

Filling:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb

In a bowl, combine the flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into the bottom of a greased 11 x 7 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. For filling, combine the first four ingredients in a bowl. Stir in the rhubarb; pour over warm crust. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. cool on a wire rack. Serve warm if desired. Store in the refrigerator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter