It's taken me seven months to write... Day 4, MK and AKL

Verity Chambers

<font color=blue>He's delicious! Rather like <font
We are all up at a reasonable hour and breakfast by the pool. We get parked in Simba and head for the monorail on the tram….woah, it’s busy!! :rolleyes: We have to get in a long queue for the monorail, but as ever Disney is efficient and it takes no time to get us over to the park. We possibly would have taken the ferry boat, however Sam is train crazy so was v v v excited about the monorail!! I’ve just looked at my photos of the day and realised that the kids have those spray fans with them, we picked these up the previous day at Publix as they were so cheap compared to park prices and Sam definitely got his money’s worth out of his, much to the annoyance of several passers by I’m sure!! :lmao:

Queuing for the monorail:

After a slow walk up Main Street- nothing better than that first walk up of the trip- we head for Jungle cruise, the queue is a bit long so we grab fast passes. We jump on the carpets which is only a fifteen min wait and go straight back on after, as the kids love it. This was one that Granny even liked!

Simon wants to go on Pirates next pirate: , Evie hates this ride so we are bad parents and take Sam on while Evie and Granny have an ice lolly. Sam copes ok but he doesn’t want to go back for round two! We reward him with a telescope from the shop after, I love this shop but have never really found anything I’m desperate to buy in there! All back together it’s Jungle Cruise next which is great fun as always.

One of my favourite pics of the holiday:

As we come off the heavens absolutely open as they can only do in Orlando, so we dash for cover and a bite to eat in Tortuga Tavern. Simon and I share a chicken burrito and nachos, my mum has a ceaser salad and the kids have the quesadillas with grapes. It all goes down very well. It is still raining as we finish eating so I bite the bullet and go to buy the essential ponchos (Now why didn’t I think to pick these up in Publix yesterday???) The kids think they are great!

Off we head to Fantasy Land, no SM or BTM for us today. HM is also out of the question with Evie Scaredy cat in tow, so we get to FPs for PhilharMagic where we also get surprise FPs for Winnie The Pooh :thumbsup2. The carousel is next followed by PhilharMagic , we all adore this show and I have a tearful moment watching the kids watch the show in amazement. We use our FPs for Winnie the Pooh next and finish off with Evie’s fave ride IASW.

New hats bought with spending money:

The park is just heaving and we are all flagging so it’s time to head out for the day… Simon and I are off for a date night later!! :love:
Back to the villa where we shower and dress for our evening out. The kids and mum are having an evening by the pool. Me and Si are off to AKL!! Whoop whoop!! The reason for this is that it is our tenth wedding anniversary in a few days. We will be spending the night as a family with my bro and SIL, so we planned this night out just for us. Now we have eaten at Boma before (which we loved) but this time we are trying Jiko after many hours of research, so I’m hoping for good things!
We arrive at AKL a little early so go outside for a wander, this place is just stunning, I would love to stay here for a few nights.

After a 20 minute stroll we head to Jiko and are seated straight away, I order a cocktail of some description but can’t actually recall what it was, I know I liked it though! Our server is extremely efficient and takes time to explain the menu to us and make recommendations. He was from Milan and so lovely.
We opt for the flatbread to share:
KG's Peri-Peri Roasted Chicken Flatbread : Lime Chakalaka, Lamb Chopper Cheese, and Pickled Sweet Bell Peppers.

And both choose the beef-
West African Braised Beef Short Rib - peanuts, roasted vegetables and spicy tomato demi-glace.

My stomach is growling just thinking about it. It was absolutely delicious, and the vibe of the place was very calm, it was nice just to chat and enjoy the lovely food.
We finished with a Madagascar Cheesecake (I think), This was mostly for Simon as he’s the cheesecake fan.

And it came out with a complimentary extra dessert for me….

Suitably stuffed we decided to head out to see the animal area with the night vision goggles, we hadn’t done this before and it was defiantly great fun. The pool looked fab too! After we headed back to the villa via walgreens to find the kids had had a great evening in the pool…

Tomorrow- Cape May and EPCOT.

What a great day in the Magic Kingdom, I love Mickey's Philharmagic too ::yes:: Lovely date night too :)

It all sounds really lovely ...can't believe you still can't get Evie on to Pirates !
The desserts look divine !

It all sounds really lovely ...can't believe you still can't get Evie on to Pirates !
The desserts look divine !

It was all delicious, I'm really glad we decided on Jiko. And yes, she really is scarred for life ;)

Great report, glad the rain didn't stop a second of fun :)

Yummy yum food pics

Thanks for reading! Can't let the rain stop you in Orlando!! We saw plenty more!!

just randomly found this on photobucket.. think this could be the issue sarah ;)

just randomly found this on photobucket.. think this could be the issue sarah ;)

swwww bless her ... she looks terrified. I'm afraid same thing happened to Taryn . She was encouraged onto Journey to Atlantis and then Jurassic Park and she has never recovered ( or forgiven us for that matter )

Also, can you see me holding Megan? Do you remember good old Meggy???

Your meal at Jiko sounds lovely and looks scrummy.

Think we have dragged Jess on a few rides unwittingly too , jurassic park amongst them Sarah ;-)

A lovely day in MK followed by a very grown up meal at Jiko :thumbsup2 it's a place I never fancied but have read many good reports, so might have to look at it if we go again. We went to Boma in November and also used the night vision goggles, the CMs there kept asking us about the queen!

Did you go to the shop at AKL, I thought it had a lot of interesting things in. I keep checking for your updates :goodvibes

AKL is beautiful. Never done the night vision goggles though. A fab day, lovely to have some grown-up time. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter