It's taken me seven months to write.... Day 3..HS

Verity Chambers

<font color=blue>He's delicious! Rather like <font
We are here!!!

The kids are awake at 5.30am which was to be expected with the time difference, I’m happy to be up with them, after all I’m finally in Orlando!! Evie is absolutely desperate to get in the pool but I tell her she will have to wait till at least 7am, so while I sort out the all important wifi which is playing up the kids watch Disney Junior. At 7.30am Evie (and maybe me) can contain ourselves no longer and wake Simon to let him know we are off into the pool. We spend a blissful hour by the pool, we are all just so happy to be in Florida sunshine at this gorgeous villa!! :goodvibes

All ready to get in:

In my favourite spot!

After a bite of breakfast, we are off to HS, this is our traditional first day park.

So happy in his car!

Sam is thrilled with the tram, this proves to pretty much be his favourite ride at WDW. We decide we need to meet the main man himself straight away so we head to meet Mickey. Sam is not impressed, he keeps saying “Me only like the Little Mickey on telly”… however he does wave from a safe distance! Evie is sooooo happy I think she may burst on the spot, happy memories.

As we come out we spot the Playhouse Disney characters which interests Sam much more, he still won’t go too close but high fives Jake and gets a photo so we called that progress! We meet Handy Manny (no queue, poor thing, so I told him how handsome he was in real life ;-) ), and Jake.

We next head to The Great Movie Ride, as this is one of my mums faves. Evie has a breakdown outside (she is a major ride wimp) but we eventually get her on. Of course she hates it :worried:, oh well!! We are all a bit hot and flagging at this point so we head to ABC comissionary where we have a selection of shrimp, fish and chips to share, it is all yummy and revives us.

We go to see The Muppets next which is a childhood favourite of mine and this proves to be a massive hit with the kids, it really is great show! The kids spot Phineas and Furb next so we go to queue for this, it really is very hot by now and we decide we won’t last much longer after the early start, so mum goes for a wander round the shops and we agree to meet in hour and head home. We meet the famous duo, then Lightening McQueen and then let the kids go on The HISTA playground before heading out. We cool down with a coke while the kids play.

Hot but happy!

Publix is just round the corner from our villa so we go in on our way back. We pick up supplies and some chicken for dinner that night. Sam is particularly impressed with the shopping trolley.

The rest of the day is spent chilling by the pool and enjoying the Florida heat.

Next up….MK!!!

I hope Freya isn't scared of the characters when I take her next year, that's the main reason I'm going!

I hope Freya isn't scared of the characters when I take her next year, that's the main reason I'm going!

He warmed up and was a pro by the end of the trip, there's photographic evidence, I promise!!

Dan used to be terrified of the characters on our first trip to Disney. He could just about cope with Mickey, anyone else was a no go. Love shopping in US supermarkets ...such an adventure :thumbsup2

A great start to your holiday, the weather looks lovely. Could do with some of that sun right now :)

I don't normally like shopping ( strange I know) but a stroll round Publix is always on the cards when we go. Looking forward to your next instalment :thumbsup2

A great start to your holiday, the weather looks lovely. Could do with some of that sun right now :)

I don't normally like shopping ( strange I know) but a stroll round Publix is always on the cards when we go. Looking forward to your next instalment :thumbsup2

Am hoping to get on with it tonight, it may be valentine's day but DH is at work, so once kids are asleep I'll try to get it done. :thumbsup2

Aww love Evie all ready for her first dip in the pool she looks Soo happy . We love meeting sorcerer Mickey too. I think he may have been the first character we met on our first trip too. Although I think I was the one fit to burst lol. I'm glad Sam took to the characters over the course of the visit . Jess was terrified of getting too close to the characters on our first couple of DLRP visits.

Lovely photos Verity :) Great first full day, AK is normally our first-day park, but we went to the Studios first ladt year and it was a great start. Love your toenails!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter