It's snowing!

babylisa4

Mouseketeer
It's snowing in Oklahoma- what should I cook? My friend was leaving work early and going to make homemade caramels!

The temperature here has been all up and down the thermometer. One day last week we were 1 degrees below the all time record high for that day. Every year the weather gets crazier and crazier. Anyway

On cold snowy days I used to like to make a huge pot of soup and crank up the bread machine. The smell of baking bread would immediately put everyone in a good mood after fighting the snow traffic.

How about a pot of potato soup thats what we had. I put lots of garlic in mine. I top mine with crumbled bacon, cheese, and croutons. It was wonderful.

Babylisa-

Where are you in Oklahoma? I'm in Norman. How bout the snow? We don't get much of that here huh? Usually just ice. My daughter is glued to the tv, watching the news fingers crossed they will call a snow day tomorrow. I usually make chili or green chili stew when it snows, but tonight we're having leftover chicken spaghetti.

Enjoy the snow!
Candi

Hi! We're in Norman, OK too. My kids are thrilled that tomorrow is a snow day. Our favorite snow day foods are hot chocolate, chicken and dumplings, chili and hot dogs, or cheesy potato soup.

Don't know if I want to go out to the store, so we'll probably have chicken noodle or tomato soup for lunch tomorrow and broc./rice au grautin or spaghetti for dinner. Of course, we'll also have to have hot chocolate with marshmallows after we sled. Tonight I made jambalaya. It is always good when it's cold outside.

I'm in Tulsa and I don't think we got as much snow as you- our schools are in session today. I have a son that goes to OU though - He's always hoping they'll close college! Ha!

They said on the news that we got 9 inches in Norman. I don't know that we got that much at our house, but more that enough for me. I'm sure everyone heard the cheers from my daughter when they said no school... My husband goes to OU and he was worse than she was hoping they would cancel classes. No luck...I guess they figure the big kids can make it to school, and don't need the day off to play in the snow. Our high today is a balmy 36 degrees though, so I'll be making tortilla soup for dinner!

Thanks for the update on OU- if my son tries to tell me his classes got cancelled- I'll know the truth! Is your Tortilla soup the chicken kind or the cheese kind? Do you make the green chili stew that someone on this board was looking for the recipe?

I make the tortilla soup that is the chicken kind. I'm not in the mood to get out in this weather, and I think I have the right stuff the throw tortilla soup together. Yep I'm the one that posted about green chili stew. I have a pretty good one that I make, but DH wants that one that is from this place in New Mexico. I wish I would have bought some things to bake with, and DD and I could have gotten a headstart on holiday baking since we are snowed in! Last year she got 2 snow days and we baked tons of stuff. I think we'll just wrap packages today though! They did cancel evening classes at OU last nite by the way. Just not the classes this morning. DH had a big presentation, and he was hoping to skip it today. Guess you never really grow out of that!

Enjoy the weather!
Candi

Ummmm. Tortilla soup sounds good. I'm headed to the kitchen to fix tomato soup for lunch. The kids are wanting to head back out into the snow.

I think we got at least 6 to 8 inches. It seems to be the soft, dry variety. I'm on the north side of town, near 36th and Tecumseh. Our front walk was really deep yesterday evening, before DS shoveled it for me.

I'm hoping to scrapbook today. I'm needing to finish 2 scrapbooks before Chrismas. Baking would be fun, but we don't have the ingredients. Never dreamed we'd have such a big snow so early! Wish I had the stuff to make gift jar mixes. We decided to give them to teachers and neighbors this year. Would have been a good family project.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter