• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's Official... Fort in June 2017/ June TR thread

You kidding, i got my popcorn made and ready too! AS I always say, single days are the worse.

And its a long ride filled with antici.....pation. :crazy:
As I read this I cannot help to think of the old Heinz 57 Commercials. :D

I did manage to get to bed about 10:45 PM last night though....

I got the TT moved to it's "Staging" area. We have a list at home (notebook) with all those final things we need to load before we go. DW didn't want to put in the breads/bun before we had to. Because no AC without shore power and the it will condensate in the bags, we wanted to hold off. Plus there are those last minute things like toothbrush, pillows, etc...

I also managed to finish getting my garden planted. I had started the seeds a little while back and they just out grew the seed starting tray. I really prefer to move them to a larger planting cup before I move them to the ground, but I really didn't have the time, so I hope they will be okay. a Dozen beef steak tomato plants, half a dozen Cherry tomatoes, 18 Bell Pepper, some Cauliflower (First time for this) some Peas (also first time) and 6 Zucchini Plants. My cucumber seeds didn't fair well. They were doing so good but then I neglected them and they died off. Oh well, when I get back, I will just try and sow them right in the ground.

I was also able to get the grass mowed under where the TT sits. I'd love to get that concrete pad done, just need some more time and money... Right? (Story of my life.)

I got to eat my dinner around 9PM while I watched a bit of TV and waited for some laundry finish.

Today, After work, Picking up the DW at her work (she is dropping the dog of with her parents as well as her van in case they need to transport him somewhere), then off to get those last things done, hook up the trailer, get a shower and then make the trek. Whew! I am exhausted.... I need a vacation. :D

A post says there is new merchandise, can you get us some pics? Thanks, Paul.

1497638960049.jpg [GALLERY=][/GALLERY][GALLERY=][/GALLERY]So we got on the road tests at about 5 pm. Was shooting for 430 but really expected 5. Can't upload the starting picutes from phone as they are too large. Have to wait to get to my computer to reduce them.

Made it close to 300 miles before we pulled over for the night. I slept on the couch and it was horrible. It was only for traveling though. Once we get to the fort I will be back in the bed.

Day 2 of travel and we are in South Carolina at a cracker barrel for a late lunch. They brought the biscuits and after a few were grabbed the DD12 made a Mickey head (and of course she had to show it off) so I had to share.

Last edited:
Safe travels, Paul!

It is packing and prepping weekend for us, hooray! Keep the pics coming...can't wait to follow right behind you!

We made but out site isn't ready. So we parked in overflow and are going to take the bus to the meadows.

First time I have seen the sign with the bus times though. Probably because we usually drive every where except MK.

We made but out site isn't ready. So we parked in overflow and are going to take the bus to the meadows.

First time I have seen the sign with the bus times though. Probably because we usually drive every where except MK.

Glad you made it safely. Enjoy. Bus wait times signs were good when we were down last. Wish they had them at destinations coming back, especially DHS....Oh wait we have a psuedo bus stop there..

Paul glad to hear you all made it in one piece. Love your daughters artwork but have question her medium a litte too delicious for me we LOVE breakfast at CB while on the road to WDW Can't wait to read more about your Adventures .

Glad you're in safe and sound.

Post when you can, but vacation first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter