Its Halloween time at the Fort

I appreciate the drive by. Interesting they put the pine needles over the site to make it look "natural". I wonder if there is a delay in the new trailers being ready/delivered or they are waiting to clear out the entire loop of guests before they move anything in.

j

we will check in Nov 3. I have been stupid busy at work and continue to be but we are heading out on Nov 2 to do most of the drive. Will spend the night in Ocala and then at Disney in the morning. I hope i can do some trip reporting but we are only planning on going to Epcot on Nov 5 for the after race party. Ticket gets us in at 5.

Good luck Kris. How's the knee and hip?

j
Hip is pretty good. The high hamstring strain from my fall in august is getting better. I have not done speed work but have been doing tempo miles so pleased with progress. Being old though it takes longer to heal. Knee is ok. i think for half I am hoping to be good. Not sure it would hang in for a full yet. I am trying to get off the melixocam but it is not easy. It helps a lot. Won’t be going for time this trip, maybe for Jan. This one I am just hoping for a decent showing and knee hanging on better than last January. We are doing the challenge so 10k on Saturday and half on Sunday.

on the melixocam front, I am trying to get off it. Mom has been taking celebrix for 20+ years. she now has kidney disease, to go with the diabetes and high blood pressure. Her numbers are not good and the dr thinks it had a lot to do with the celebrix for so long. For my medical friends, gfr in Jan 23 about 45, June 23 was 33, oct 23 was 30. Now we wait for tests again in Dec. her urine protei was extremely high.

We've visited the Ft. Wilderness area around Halloween before, but never walked around on Halloween. The Disney Boo To You party has gotten outrageously priced...do people trick or treat at Ft. Wilderness on Oct. 31st?

do people trick or treat at Ft. Wilderness on Oct. 31st?
We checked in on Friday October 20th and we have had trick or treaters every night. Lots of campers have had treats out on their sites along with games like crane games and trivia. We have been here for Halloween the last several years and I will say that this year is by far the earliest that I have seen kids trick or treating and the number of vehicles already filling the overflow areas around the hitch and unhitch area. Really can't imagine what Halloween day / night will be like.
Steve

Haven't posted much the last couple of days as I have my family here now if only for a short time. My daughter and her husband and my youngest grandson fly back home tonight. My son and his wife will be here with us until next Saturday.

This is Archer and his little brother Avery. They make my ❤️🙂 20231029_103734.jpg
20231029_125443.jpg
Steve

Can you give me ya top 3 best decorated loops? We gonna visit on the 30th. Thank you!
Now that we are a little closer to Halloween......I can honestly say that there are some amazing decorated sites all over the Fort. To give you my 3 top would probably be unfair as you may miss some other great sites. My advice would be to come early and try and hit as many loops as possible. The Haunted Mansion is in 1600. The Storm Troopers are in 1200. There is even a site that was rented in our loop 1300, solely for setting up games for kids to play. Cornhole, basketball, connect 4, super Jenga....etc.
Steve

Now that we are a little closer to Halloween......I can honestly say that there are some amazing decorated sites all over the Fort. To give you my 3 top would probably be unfair as you may miss some other great sites. My advice would be to come early and try and hit as many loops as possible. The Haunted Mansion is in 1600. The Storm Troopers are in 1200. There is even a site that was rented in our loop 1300, solely for setting up games for kids to play. Cornhole, basketball, connect 4, super Jenga....etc.
Steve
Thank you.

Well...Halloween was much calmer tonight than past. The Fort actually did limit access to non guest. My son and daughter in law were coming back from DS and a group of Minions tried boarding the bus. They were questioned about their reservation to which they could not answer and they were turned away. A car right in front of us coming in the main gate was turned away when they could not produce an ID or site number. That from the guards mouth. The numbers and traffic was reduced. With that, a child was hit by a golf cart in the 1200 loop. An ambulance was called. No word on the condition of the child. I will report asap.
Steve

Goal was to leave the condo at 8:30 and be in the RV on our way by 10 am. Actual left the condo at 8:57 but in the road to Ocala at 10:05. That is a win. While in the heart of the city with 6 lanes of traffic the tow brake gave an error. No way we were stopping there. Got south of the city and pulled off. Thankfully it had just completely disengaged, so no brake damage. Got back on the road. Stopped to drop off our coffee and next break will be Florida welcome center. Here we will let Whisky out. Am afraid once she is out she in never going back in the RV or the crate.

2BF20BCD-8F4B-453A-9471-4FA3E68FB380.jpeg

Made it to Ocala Sun. Got here at 4:50 which was pretty awesome. Surprisingly Whisky got back in the RV herself but was not going in the crate without help.

They have a dog park with dog wash and she seems like she wants a bath.

89D4A0C4-540A-4548-BAFA-6E0425A3B670.jpeg

Plan is to head out tomorrow between 8 and 9. Hopefully some sites are opening up at the Fort. I think we want the 1700 loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter