It's gonna be an oven, but WE'RE GOING TO WDW in AUGUST!!! Final thoughts

I've been following along on facebook and loving every picture!!! At least the pictures work there ;) That picture of you outside BOG is absolutely stunning! ::yes::

It sounds like your first two days are going really well. Hope you have fun at DHS tonight!

Thanks!! Yes, the first couple days have been great and DHS was awesome! Will post more soon!

I've been following along on facebook and loving every picture!!! At least the pictures work there ;) That picture of you outside BOG is absolutely stunning! ::yes::

Yeah FB is so much easier for pics lol. So much fun meeting people IRL!! And thanks for the compliment!!

Just got back from DHS! Throwing in a quick update while DD gets ready for bed...yeah I know, it's only 10pm...and we can sleep when we are home but...we are exhausted already and it's only our 2nd full day lol!!! And our pace is slower than most...I don't know how you commandos do it lol.

Anyway...I left off this aft when we stopped for a break. My plan was originally to go do a couple of miles on the dreadmill in the CR gym...but I decided that we have been walking so much that I can afford to take one more day off before another workout...so I skipped it. We just relaxed in the room for a while and had some of our Garden Grocer snacks. At around 2:45pm we headed out again on our way to DHS!

We got to DHS and decided to hit up Launch Bay first. We met Chewie with minimal wait and looked around there a bit. Then we decided to try to meet Olaf...the posted wait time was 20 minutes so we figured we'd have time before our FP for Indiana Jones. Yeah...notsomuch. After waiting 20 minutes we were still nowhere close to the front of the line. The posted wait times at DHS did not seem at all accurate tonight...more on that later, but at least later it worked to our advantage. Anyway...we couldn't hang around for Olaf because we would have missed the Indy show so we skipped out and went over there. The show was entertaining and we had never seen it before so I'm glad we did. After that, we had our TSMM FP which was always fun. DD kicked my butt! Best ride ever and I was sad when it was over and I wasn't sure if we'd get to ride again today or at all on this trip, since this was our only DHS day.

After TSMM, I texted @Monykalyn to see where she was because we knew we would both be at DHS. She was just in line for RnRC so we headed over there to try to meet up with her when she was done. We spent a few mins in the dump shop and out she came!! I posted the pic on FB but of course I can't get it to post here. Annoying but what can you do. We chatted for a few mins with her hubby and friends and they walked us part of the way back towards Prime Time where we had an ADR for dinner. Again, I love how nice everyone is in person and you feel like old friends instantly. We chatted a bit about where we are from and our trips so far. Also Monica told my DD a bit about the DCP because she had done it and now her DD is doing it...and my DD wants to do it so badly one day...she is only 11 now so not for a few years, but really hoping she can do it some day because it looks like SO much fun. Also I would come visit her a lot if she did it :))

We said goodbye to Monica and her hubby and walked over to 50's Prime Time for our ADR. We got there and they told us they were just a bit behind schedule but luckily we got a seat. Soon mamma was calling our name and took us to our table. I knew that the portions were huge and I had hoped to either get a kids meal or share with DD...but...she didn't want the fried chicken so that just wouldn't work lol. She ended up with...chicken nuggets...again (she had that for lunch too lol) and I got the fried chicken and as predicted it was way too much food. No way would I ever consume three pieces of fried chicken plus sides at home. But I did my best to put a dent in it lol.

We rolled out of dinner and headed over to see how the line now was for Olaf. It still said 20 mins but the line looked way shorter than it had before so we joined in, and got to see our frozen friend in less than 10 mins!! Then we hit up Guardians of the Galaxy for some Starlord and Baby Groot greetings, before finally heading over to our FP for the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, not that it was needed as there was hardly anyone there. But we had to see this show because of DD's drama performance at camp where she was Scuttle, and she knows the whole show inside and out.

After that, we thought we would check out wait times to see if there was any chance of a repeat ride or two on TSMM. We got there, and the posted wait time still said 40 minutes...but it looked deserted! We asked the CM outside if that was accurate and he said "I don't know why it says that, it's basically a walk on" We could not believe our luck!! So we went for not one, but TWO more rides on TSMM!! My day was complete now! DD kicked my butt once more and then I beat her on one game..

We didn't make it to Fantasmic after all but it was worth it to ride TSMM again!! We hoofed it out of the park to try to beat the crowds back to the busses and soon we were on our way. Now, off to bed!!

Looks like you guys had a great time at HS tonight! I'm sorry we didn't make it there to see you again but so extremely happy we did get to meet and were able to chat today :hug: Like you said, meeting Dis friends in person so often feels like you truly "know" them and I love that! We're in HS early tomorrow and then MK; enjoy the rest of your trip and I'll be following on FB :goodvibes

Was so great to meet you! We did Tower and then hopped over to Animal Kingdom.
Your DD will be an awesome CM someday. As for visiting a lot- well I am an annual passholder for first time lol!!

Sounds like another great day! And what a way to end it on TSMM!!! Really loving following along in real time! Kinda feels like we're there with you :goodvibes

Oh wow, such fun! I read through all your real-time reporting all at once, it's like being in my favorite new Disney novel, so jealous! You look like you're having a great time and great food - carry on for all of us living vicariously through you!

Ha!! Thanks for following along!! It's fun writing it all down right away before I forget too!! Sometimes it feels like you aren't getting that much accomplished because you spend so much time walking around, but then when you document it all, it does seem like a lot...if that makes any sense!!

We're in HS early tomorrow and then MK; enjoy the rest of your trip and I'll be following on FB :goodvibes

I hope you made it on TGMR!!! Have a great day!

Was so great to meet you! We did Tower and then hopped over to Animal Kingdom.
Your DD will be an awesome CM someday. As for visiting a lot- well I am an annual passholder for first time lol!!

Great meeting you too!! Did you get the express bus to AK? I was wondering if that would be worth it!! A passholder..so exciting!! I bet there are a lot of perks to that! I do hope my DD can be a CM some day...it does seem like such a great experience!

Sounds like another great day! And what a way to end it on TSMM!!! Really loving following along in real time! Kinda feels like we're there with you :goodvibes

It was indeed a great day and we felt so lucky to get on TSMM again! Thanks for following along!!

Morning from the CR everyone!!! (well to the three of you following along lol) After crashing last night...I got up bright and early to my alarm at 6:20am...it sure felt like the middle of the night!! But I am determined to get a few Disney runs in while here..or I will lose my momentum and fall off the wagon...that is my biggest fear with running!

So anyway...forced myself out of bed and got out the door and went in search of the CR running path that I heard about. I was really hoping that there was a running route that would take me all around the lake around to MK and the GF and the WL and back to the CR...but not the case...there are lots of roads and rivers and stuff...with no sidewalks...I guess they really don't want you leaving the property or marked paths...too bad though because that would be a really cool run if you could follow the path of the resort monorails...sigh.

Anyway...the path around the CR is about 0.89 Miles...or about 1.5K or so...whatever that translates to ...I am used to measuring my distances in KM's so...I wasn't sure how many loops I would get in. It was already VERY hot and humid...well at least for my Canadian summer conditioned self...But I managed a slow 7K which was about 3 1/2 loops of the CR...I passed several other crazy runners on my travels...all of them sweating profusely just like myself...but I got'er done.

When I came back DD was still asleep so I showered and then...changed back into my pj's in the dark lol and....got back into bed :)) I dozed for a bit and then texted @chunkymonkey to see what they were up to today. Su-Lynn, the funny thing is I realized right after I texted that it was only 7:45am lol...and for a minute I felt bad like "I have never even met her in person and maybe I shouldn't be texting before 8am" lol...but then I remembered that you had a packed day planned and would most likely not be sleeping lol. My thinking was confirmed when she wrote back right away lol. We are hoping to perhaps meet up at DS later or tomorrow at the Poly.

I lazed around for a bit and then finally decided DD had better get up so I opened the curtains to let in the sunlight! Looks like a beauty day out there!! I am about to start getting ready for our brunch at O'hana!! See y'all later!

You can add me to the list of people reading your TR. We will be there in 9 days and I am loving your live reports. It is getting me more and more excited for our trip. This will be our 3rd trip in August and while it is hot, you seem to be doing it the right way. Can't wait to read more.

Late jumping in here to enjoy the report. Missing the pics though. Less than two weeks out from my trip and living vicariously through a live report is fantastic!

Love your schedule. I had one (more
Commando though for our 2012 trip) I looked back at it the other day and had to laugh a little. We changed our plans the first day! But still stuck to some of them throughout the week. And planning ahead is half the fun for me.

Would love to do a trip with one kid sometime. (I have 4!) My trip coming up is with zero!

I too am a fairly recent divorcee after 18 years of marriage. Lots of changes, a big move and adjustments over the last 2 years. But definitely better for me. Hard on the kids though because their dad is out of state and part of the year in the UK with her.

Can't wait to hear about today. Hope you hug Stitch for me. He is our family favorite.

You can add me to the list of people reading your TR. We will be there in 9 days and I am loving your live reports. It is getting me more and more excited for our trip. This will be our 3rd trip in August and while it is hot, you seem to be doing it the right way. Can't wait to read more.

Hey thanks for following along!! Yeah it is indeed hot!! I am very glad we allowed for lots of downtime in our plans...otherwise I think I would feel ripped off if we didn't get a lot done. This way, if we get more done than we planned for, it feels like a gift.

Late jumping in here to enjoy the report. Missing the pics though.

Thanks for joining!! Yeah the pic thing is really annoying!! I am Kathy Cunningham McPherson on FB or @kathymcpherson42 on IG if you are on either of those...I seem to have no trouble posting pics there!!

And planning ahead is half the fun for me.

No kidding! The planning is a huge part of the fun...all the anticipation! It does make you really feel for the people who walk up to the counter at 50's Prime Time at about 6pm and go "table for 4 please" Um no...I don't think so, that will be a 2 1/2 hour wait lol. Serves them right lol. Although we surprisingly did get a walk up table at Yak n Yeti the other day, but that was for lunch at 11am...so I guess there is a chance if you want to eat at 11am.

Would love to do a trip with one kid sometime. (I have 4!) My trip coming up is with zero!

It is really great. Quiet and so much easier to keep track of just one kid lol. But no kids would also be great lol

I too am a fairly recent divorcee after 18 years of marriage.

I am sorry. It's tough. My divorce isn't even final yet but it was 15 years we were married. It is really still hard for me to believe that this is happening and that my future isn't forever with my whole family together. But I will get there. Disney is definitely good for a little escape from thinking about it all.

Hope you hug Stitch for me. He is our family favorite.

Stitch got lots of hugs and definitely one with your name on it :)

I'm back again, you'll get sick of hearing from me lol. I'm only here because gasp...I am doing laundry lol I decided that it would be a good day to do that on our non-park day while we are hanging around the resort anyway. Also, I figure if I do it today, we should be able to make it through the rest of the trip without doing it again. I hope. Or if that maybe I can just wash some undies and a shirt or two in the sink if it gets bad. Shorts I may wear twice...but in this heat...definitely not shirts. Ew.

Our breakfast at O'hana was awesome. I think they put crack in that pineapple bread, or maybe in the butter...or the coffee...but man it was good. I could have just had that coffee and bread for breakfast and left happy. The sausages and potatoes and of course Stitch waffles were a bonus and great too...but it was just too much food for the two of us. I know that some may not agree, but I think they should start you off with really small servings of everything and of course if you want more by all means....but it's just really wasteful for those of us that can't pack it away that well. I can eat too...but just too much! I guess smaller servings would make more work for the servers for those that do eat more than one but...it would be a lot less wasted food.

The food was delish though and they timed it just right for us. We had just decided we were too full to eat another bite when the parade of kids and characters started, and soon after that, Lilo was at our table to say hello. We got some great pics (which I will share later or on FB). Then Pluto came by and finally the big man Mickey in his Polynesian garb. Loved that. I am really enjoying how much my DD is getting into the character meets this trip. She likes to talk to them and even pose for pics. Which is great because at all other times she refuses to let me take any pics of her so I have to take them when I can get them. I know...she doesn't get the whole "mom is getting old and won't remember a single thing unless there are pictures" thing...but what can you do.

So I just put in a load of laundry...then after I switch it to the dryer we will probably hit the pool. I investigated the idea of renting one of those little SeaRaycer things and boating around Bay Lake a bit. It's really cool because you are allowed to take them over through the canal to where the GF and the WL and the Poly are...I think that would be really fun to see from a little boat. However...it is so stinkin' hot out there...and I was talking to the guy at the marina where they rent the boats, and he said, yeah and it's even hotter with the life jacket on that really doesn't breathe. He recommended if we want to do it that we should try right when they open in the morning, or at dusk when it's not as hot. I do really hope we get a chance to do this on this trip because I think it would be kind of a different experience and that is what I was hoping for since we have a bit more time on this trip than I ever have before. I mean, of course I want to do as much theme parking as possible, but I also hope to do some of the other fun resort stuff I have never had time for on shorter trips.

Anyway...off to the pool. Later we will head over to DS for a little shopping and I hope to try the Polite Pig for dinner. DD will probably have chicken nuggets for the third time in a row lol. Or she may get the corn and the pretzel lol.

Last edited:
Looks like it was another great day for you two! I am very impressed with your dedication to running when you are there, that's awesome! I am trying to be better about regular exercise so will make it a priority when at Disney too. Resort days are great to just take a breather and relax. I love to resort hop and of course visit Disney springs. Hope you have a fun night there!

We did a laundry non-park pool day when we went for a week. It was a great way to regroup and rest in the middle of the week. We did Cape May breakfast that day and then the Pool and Laundry much like you.

Enjoy your chill day. The boat ride does sound like a fun thing. Hope it works it's way into the plans! I looked for you on FB. Hopefully I friend requested the right person!

Looks like it was another great day for you two! I am very impressed with your dedication to running when you are there, that's awesome! I am trying to be better about regular exercise so will make it a priority when at Disney too. Resort days are great to just take a breather and relax. I love to resort hop and of course visit Disney springs. Hope you have a fun night there!

It was a great day! Thanks for the compliment! I am trying really hard not to fall off the wagon with running because if I go 10 days without any exercise it will be really hard to get back to it when I'm home. I'm part of a running group at home and I want to be able to keep up with them when I get back!! It is NOT easy on vacay though. I am trying to figure out how I will manage for the rest of the trip...today wasn't too bad because it was a non-park day...but I'm not sure I will have the energy for parks and running together...I may keep it to 5K or less when I have to go to a park...I figure I walk at least 5-10K at a park anyway :)) And yes, resort days are awesome. I've never really done them before but definitely see the pros now. Especially when you are staying at a great resort!

Enjoy your chill day. The boat ride does sound like a fun thing. Hope it works it's way into the plans! I looked for you on FB. Hopefully I friend requested the right person!

Thanks!! The boat ride does sound fun...didn't happen today...I will post about that shortly...but I do still hope to do it another day! I just got a FB request from someone, I hope it's you!! Vonavie? I didn't want to accept before I knew it was at least someone I "knew" online lol

It was a great day! Thanks for the compliment! I am trying really hard not to fall off the wagon with running because if I go 10 days without any exercise it will be really hard to get back to it when I'm home. I'm part of a running group at home and I want to be able to keep up with them when I get back!! It is NOT easy on vacay though. I am trying to figure out how I will manage for the rest of the trip...today wasn't too bad because it was a non-park day...but I'm not sure I will have the energy for parks and running together...I may keep it to 5K or less when I have to go to a park...I figure I walk at least 5-10K at a park anyway :)) And yes, resort days are awesome. I've never really done them before but definitely see the pros now. Especially when you are staying at a great resort!

Thanks!! The boat ride does sound fun...didn't happen today...I will post about that shortly...but I do still hope to do it another day! I just got a FB request from someone, I hope it's you!! Vonavie? I didn't want to accept before I knew it was at least someone I "knew" online lol
Yep. That's me! :)

Hey everyone!! We are back at the CR relatively early because it's raining and we figured might as well rest up since tomorrow we will be hoping to make RD at Epcot!

Last I left you, we were heading down to the pool while our clothes were in the dryer!! So...we sunscreened up...changed into our suits and headed down. Looked around for some chairs...got towels...and I kid you not, the second my butt hit that chair...I felt a drop of water. At first I was all "oh, that's just some kid splashing from the pool" but after a few minutes...yeah no...it was starting to rain :(. DD comes back over and was wondering what to do. There was no lightening so the pool was still open...so I was all "well we are in our bathing suits...might as well swim!" So swim we did. But so much for lounging by the pool with my book :(. We swam in the rain and it was fun...but probably did not last as long there as we would have without the downpour. We hung around a bit wondering whether it would be one of those quickie Florida storms that passes in 10 mins...but that did not appear to be happening.

We headed up to the room. I went and got our laundry...at least that was dry...unlike us!! We showered and got dressed...and then debated what to do next. Since today was our only planned day for DS, I was determined to go anyway. But we thought maybe if we wait a bit, the rain might stop. So DD watched some videos and I puttered around and read a book and lounged around, which was nice actually. It did not look like the rain would be stopping anytime soon though, so we decided to just grab our ponchos and head out anyway, so off we went to get on a DS bus.

When we got down to the bus stop it was 3:45pm. The screen said the next bus to DS would be arriving at 4pm. I figured we must have just missed one. I was actually thinking in my head that it might be fun to try one of those Minnie Vans to get over to DS just for fun, kind of a waste of money but...it was pooring out and who knows how long we'd actually be waiting....but I didn't say it out loud because I knew DD would jump at it and didn't want to say it unless I meant it lol. But just as I was really starting to consider it...a DS bus pulled up! So...I guess those signs...aren't as high tech and accurate as they seem....oh well...off we went! Traffic was pretty bad on the way over though and it took about 40 mins to get to DS...

By the time we arrived though, at least it wasn't raining anymore!! We walked around a bit, hit up the pin store and WOD, and had to go into Basin (not to be confused with Basin White at the GF). We are suckers for all bath/body type stuff and we did some serious damage there. I LOVE their almond scented stuff. I got some solid shampoo and conditioner and some spa wax which is this cool thing that looks like a candle that you light, and the wax melts and then you can put it on like moisturizer while it's warm. Sounds divine to me and I can't wait to try it when I get home! Something to look forward to when I'm home and the Disney depression sets in. We also found a couple of those pressed penny machines in DS and DD decided to try some. I had saved some US pennies for the occasion (we no longer have pennies in Canada!) so she got a Mickey one and a Frozen one. I think I have created a monster...she is going to want to do this everywhere...I only have a few pennies left...I guess I will have to use cash for something to get some more...

Next we headed over to the Polite Pig for dinner. Funnily enough, this place is known for the BBQ...but we didn't get any meat! I didn't want another humungous meal that I couldn't finish...and DD didn't want chicken fingers again. So I ordered the corn with lime butter sauce, and the mac and cheese side dish. DD got the corn too and also a pretzel with cheese fondue. All of it was delicious!! I had really wanted to try the orange honey cake there too, but I was saving myself for Sprinkles!!

After dinner we wanted to digest a bit before getting dessert! We walked down to the Fit 2 Run store because I had heard good things about this place. I was really excited because they had Oofos sandals. Yes, I'm old lol but I go to a foot doctor because I use orthotics for my running shoes, and he recommended wearing these shoes around the house and after long runs for recovery, but I have not been able to find them anywhere at home, so I was thrilled to find them there, and they had a wide variety of colours and sizes. DD ended up getting a pair too. They are the most comfortable shoes ever. I also got a running shirt WITH A POCKET! I know guys, most people won't be that excited by this...but I almost hugged the sales guy when I saw this, because I'm forever trying to find the best ways to carry everything I need when running and this was just the coolest. I don't know why they don't seem to make many running shorts or shirts with pockets that are at all useful - ie: big enough and with zippers...but I digress...anyway...got a running shirt too.

After that...it was starting to rain again...we put on our tarps/ponchos and headed back towards the mecca of cupcakes, Sprinkles. OMG the choices. Do you guys every do that thing where you see the menu and you try to make up your mind while in line...and then you get to the front and then you totally blank, and there are a million people behind you and then you end up choosing something ridiculous?? Yeah, that's what I did. DD got a sundae with a chocolate cupcake and cookie dough ice cream. And what did I get? A banana cupcake with Cap'n Crunch ice cream!! WTH??? How did that happen?? But you know what?? It was frickin' AWESOME!

We got our treats and ended up sitting on the ground under a little awning outside to eat them. Heaven. But then we had to roll out of there. Yum. We did a bit more browsing in the shops, oh and DD got her face painted, and then with the rain we just weren't feelin' it anymore, so we decided to head back to the CR. It took us a while to find the busses, not used to the new DS layout yet...but we got there and soon were on our way. Chatted with some nice people on the bus...love that at Disney, and then, here we are getting ready for bed already!! But tomorrow is another busy day!! Night all!!

Last edited:
Way to make the most of the rain! Love that you all swam anyway. Fun! Sounds like the great cap off to a non-park Disney day. Sweet dreams! It'll be nice to have some extra sleep for rope drop tomorrow.

PS was nice to have the pics to go with this time. :)

Just wanted to pop in and let you know there are other people reading!! I'm loving the live reports! Like others have said it makes me almost feel like I am there. I'm down to 24 days until my trip and this is getting me super excited to go because I can picture everything you are talking about so thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter