• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's getting real!

ksromack

DIS Veteran
I just booked our airfare for our Aulani trip at the end of May and paid for our last night hotel in Waikiki.....big dollar items out of the way. Now how to pass the time before our trip?
Question regarding dining at Ama Ama. I want to catch sunset so I booked a reservation for 1830 with a sunset time of 1907. Will there be any problems getting a table closer to the beach?

We went to Ama Ama twice for sunset meals. We had a table at the ‘front’ on one of those. It just depends on bookings and timings. After having such a beautiful view the first time I was irrationally really disappointed the second time so don’t get your hopes up!

We went to Ama Ama twice for sunset meals. We had a table at the ‘front’ on one of those. It just depends on bookings and timings. After having such a beautiful view the first time I was irrationally really disappointed the second time so don’t get your hopes up!
I won't! But....I think we'll only eat there once, just in case we get lucky the first time, lol!

I have to be honest, you can still get an amazing view of the sunset from the other tables, you just might have to shift around a little, and the photos aren’t quite the same with other people in the way. :-)
The food and service were wonderful there!

We will be there then too. I would try to book Ama Ama a little bit earlier. The time you posted was the actual time that it goes below the horizon, but it is looks amazing before that.

Last edited:
We will be there then too. I would try to book Ama Ama a little bit earlier. The time you posted was the actual time that it goes below the horizon, but it is looks amazing at.
So the sun going below the horizon is earlier than the posted sunset? I think for my day the posted sunset is 7:09 pm.

So the sun going below the horizon is earlier than the posted sunset? I think for my day the posted sunset is 7:09 pm.

The actual sunset time is when it goes below the horizon. But it is very pretty leading up to it. You won't see the actual sun from where you are in Aulani since it seems to be behind the Four Seasons a bit. But you can watch as it goes down and the colors come out. Once the sun is "set" it gets dark very fast and the "show" is over.

speaking of Ama Ama, I booked a dinner for Saturday Feb 15th at 6:00. it says that sunset is 6:30. Do you think that 6:00 will be a good time to get there for dinner to be able to enjoy a nice sunset dinner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter