It's Almost as if Universal WANTS to Just Take My Money!!

Arielfan98

DIS Veteran
I am active duty, and went to the tickets/tourism office on base yesterday. I was shocked to find out I could purchase annual passes cheaper than the cost of 2 park to park day tickets o_O

I paid $200 for one annual pass, good until Dec. 31, 2022 for unlimited access to Universal Studios AND Islands of Adventure. What a deal! Man, Disney needs to up their game. If you haven't already, read my grievance post about having to say bye to Disney for now

Time to Say Goodbye For Now Post

Right now Disney doesn't have an incentive to up their game, people are still flooding into the parks despite all of the issues going on right now. Just look at how many people are paying for the VIP tours and the amount of people asking daily when they will resume annual pass sales. Universal knows this and is offering way better deals than Disney in terms of annual passes and on site benefits. I'm staying at AKL in May and I'm very jealous of the Universal hotels' on site perks compared to Disney.

I'm excited to see how Epic Universe will impact WDW. I am definitely planning on skipping WDW and checking out Epic Universe (more specifically Super Nintendo World).

Right now Disney doesn't have an incentive to up their game, people are still flooding into the parks despite all of the issues going on right now. Just look at how many people are paying for the VIP tours and the amount of people asking daily when they will resume annual pass sales. Universal knows this and is offering way better deals than Disney in terms of annual passes and on site benefits. I'm staying at AKL in May and I'm very jealous of the Universal hotels' on site perks compared to Disney.

I'm excited to see how Epic Universe will impact WDW. I am definitely planning on skipping WDW and checking out Epic Universe (more specifically Super Nintendo World).
Yes, and in case any Disney Execs/ Universal Exces are reading this, I too, plan on trying out Epic Universe. Even if they raise their prices but still offer quality service/entertainment, I will pay for it.

If inflation keeps rising and we're headed for a recession - I wonder if that will finally get WDW to make a change.

Universal is definitely working to build the fan base and swoon people from Disney. Eventually they will need to pay for Epic Universe, so expect their prices to soar over the next few years. For now, though, great deals can be had (especially staying at Premier hotels for Express Passes).

Universal is definitely working to build the fan base and swoon people from Disney. Eventually they will need to pay for Epic Universe, so expect their prices to soar over the next few years. For now, though, great deals can be had (especially staying at Premier hotels for Express Passes).
I'm fine with price increases if quality increases.

Thats a great price!! I am taking 8 of us this year (6 "adults" and 2 kids) and it's going to be like 3k for tickets alone. We will prob upgrade 1 of them to a pass tho for the discounts.

No matter how much they raise prices. At least for AP, still cheaper than Disney. And crowds at WDW are NOT going to last forever.

I just renewed my 3 park preferred pass, but as a 59 year old non-gamer I am not at all excited about Epic Universe. Keeping an open mind, but I am not expecting it to appeal to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter