It's all smooth sailing from here... right? ALL DONE AND NEW TR LINK UP

Thursday Jan 2 – Make up day.

After what probably was an early night and rightfully so after the festivities of NYE, and then the rain that the new year brought, January 2nd was a make up day.

On Dec 31 my AK day was complicated by the removal of the legacy FP machines. My game was thrown and instead of being ahead or away from the crowds, I was right there with them and as a result missed most of my favorites. Then, on Jan 1 the rain came and caused a bailout in the afternoon.

First stop
So bright and early at 7:30 I am here.

Look like another beautiful day right?
One of my favorite trees. I really don’t think there is one I don’t like.

Oh yikes Any further away and I might not be able to see the tree.

In case you have not figured out where I am

Crowd Level

Just before they opened the gates.

First stop this time …

Oh wait is this better?

I conquered the mountain and the Yeti twice and then moved on.

I can only assume a slow walk back to Africa since by 9:15 I was seeing this.

A real rotary dial phone.
Don’t know where you have seen that, even with the hint?
Here is another clue.

Some humans on safari.

The front side of water.

I believe the fog is lifting.

Big stretch and even reaching up that tongue.

A baby giraffe.

Another giraffe reaching.

Very proud of accomplishing the goal.

Look a mandrill

We come around to the Lions and….

Let’s try for a better shot.

The king is out too but not in the mood for pictures I guess.

Zebras.

A good safari and so far a really good make up day.

Continued next post

Continued from last post...

Next shot was here

Then here

Where might you ask? I guess I ducked through Rainforest Café since I am sure crowds were still coming in.

That’s right I was done- came what I wanted to do and mission accomplished.

Next Stop ….

What the construction looked like in Jan.

Finally inside MK what is the first stop?

Need another hint?

Now this one is a bit creepy.

Working my way back.

This is now walled off.

Yup that’s right. I guess HM, Maybe JC, MP and then out. My guess is since MK was supposed to be a red day it was crowded. Look at notes I had late FP+ For BTMRR, HM and JC so maybe I moved them up? No idea. :) But I had dinner to get to so I was on the move again.

This area is forever changed now…

One more to finish out the day...

Dinner was here.

If you have not guessed..

Dinner was good. No pictures. I know I failed. :rotfl: A resort dinner is good when you can relax and forget to take pictures of what you are having.

I am sure the week was wearing on me so it was back to the room to see Illuminations from the balcony.

Next up – Final day :(

Pat, I'm sitting here listening to the fish plop in the channel while on the patio and catching up on a few TR's on the DIS and saw your update. :)

Yay for a make-up day and getting on three of the best rides at AK (although EE is not a best ride to me since it literally makes me ill, I know most love it). Great pictures of my giraffes as always. :goodvibes Also, great pic of the lioness.

Then off to the MK and a couple of things there.

I love dinner at Olivia's...still a hidden gem (sssssh...let's not tell too many people).

Boo to last day coming up.

Pat, I'm sitting here listening to the fish plop in the channel while on the patio and catching up on a few TR's on the DIS and saw your update. :)

Oh how I wish I was sitting next to you. I hope all the disruptions do not delay your eventual flight home.
I am glad people are still subscribed. :) Thanks for reading.

Yay for a make-up day and getting on three of the best rides at AK (although EE is not a best ride to me since it literally makes me ill, I know most love it). Great pictures of my giraffes as always. :goodvibes Also, great pic of the lioness.

Then off to the MK and a couple of things there.

I love dinner at Olivia's...still a hidden gem (sssssh...let's not tell too many people).

Boo to last day coming up.

It was a good day to get a few makeups done.

Last days are hard and but even considering the weather it was a great trip.

Looks like a great last day to me!

I loved the decorations at OKW, they are so colourful! But I guess just as you said: I have not seen WDW Christmas decorations that I did not like - yet. Haven't seen it in person, only through pictures. So who knows, I might change my mind.

You got a lot done at AK in a short time. Can't believe that you did not get a front row spot at the turnstiles arriving at 7:30 am!! Was the park opening at 8 am? I guess that's what holiday crowds are like. Scary!

Lovely giraffe pictures on the safari and an amazing picture of the lioness!

Sometimes a do-over day is essential, even if it starts out in the fog! Glad you got back to AK and started the day with a back to back visit with the Yeti! :thumbsup2

Nice lion shots. Yes, I AM jealous! ::yes::

I love the AK Christmas tree! It's the best and has to be my favorite! It's perfect!

Love the pics on HM and the flashback Poly pics. I can't wait to see what it looks like in just a few weeks. Crazy changes.

I love Olivia's. Best shrimp and grits EVER!

Your last day was perfect! Love it!

Looks like a great last day to me!

I loved the decorations at OKW, they are so colourful! But I guess just as you said: I have not seen WDW Christmas decorations that I did not like - yet. Haven't seen it in person, only through pictures. So who knows, I might change my mind.

I just love that each place - resort or park put a special touch on their decorations. That the "plus" in my opinion.

You got a lot done at AK in a short time. Can't believe that you did not get a front row spot at the turnstiles arriving at 7:30 am!! Was the park opening at 8 am? I guess that's what holiday crowds are like. Scary!

Lovely giraffe pictures on the safari and an amazing picture of the lioness!

Nope not a front row seat. Yes park opening was at 8 am for EMH and for the holidays. Holiday crowds can be scary if you don't quite work it right.

Having a great safari as the fog was lifting was nice.

Sometimes a do-over day is essential, even if it starts out in the fog! Glad you got back to AK and started the day with a back to back visit with the Yeti! :thumbsup2

Nice lion shots. Yes, I AM jealous! ::yes::

I tell you the weather was quite the beast to work around that trip.

It is always nice when the lions cooperate. She was in the mood for posing. ;)

I love the AK Christmas tree! It's the best and has to be my favorite! It's perfect!

Love the pics on HM and the flashback Poly pics. I can't wait to see what it looks like in just a few weeks. Crazy changes.

The AK tree is so special. So unique.

The poly was a mess. The resort in Aug is essential split in half. The Luau area up to the dock is on one side and the beach, new bungalows are on the other side. You can get from one side to the other easily by going through the Ceremonial House but if you get off the boat you have to walk all the way up and into the CH then walk out and back down to get to what is left of the beach area. It will look better soon but it is quite sad with all the mess right now.

I love Olivia's. Best shrimp and grits EVER!

Your last day was perfect! Love it!

Didn't have the shrimp and grits but if I ever decide to have grits I bet that is where I will try them.

I have one more full day left before the ride home. :goodvibes

Man, you just were not having a good weather week at all! I'm glad EE was running, at least.

Nice safari pics and HOLY CRAP IS THAT BOTH LIONS AWAKE AT THE SAME TIME????? :eek:

They must have moved the animatronic sleeping lion out just before you got there.

Never been to Olivia's, but I only hear good things. Someday...

Man, you just were not having a good weather week at all! I'm glad EE was running, at least.

Dec/Jan is always so iffy- either cold , rainy or perfect. I had 2 of the three and not perfect. But all in all is a trip to Disney ever a bad trip..... NOPE.:)

Nice safari pics and HOLY CRAP IS THAT BOTH LIONS AWAKE AT THE SAME TIME????? :eek:

One good thing about the weather- cold is good for the Lions.::yes::
The Lioness was just chillin, the Lion... Wel he was being shy. ;)

They must have moved the animatronic sleeping lion out just before you got there.

yup they must have been freshly wound up. ;)

Never been to Olivia's, but I only hear good things. Someday...

Good eats at Olivia's.

You're alive!!

I am but some days I wonder. I have actual work to do at work lately and plenty of it. Too much new stuff no one knows anything about and we have to figure it all out on our own. :furious: :crazy:

It's good to see you are still alive!
I love how you don't remember but kind of make it up as you go...been there done that myself! :rotfl2:

Guessing it's about time for another update, so I'm bumping this up to help Pat find it............... :rolleyes2

Nice pics of the safari.

You certainly did see a lot that day.

Love Olivia's. The shrimp & grits are so good.

Great update and pics.

I will do replies after I get LAST update up- Yes I finally got here :rotfl2:

The last day blowout.
Here we are at the last full day. In keeping with the do over theme this is my first picture of the day.

Good old Lifeguard Louie. Hopefully everyone knows where that is. Here are a few more hints if you are stumped.

Ah Next up are the 2 things that drive me absolutely bonkers in a detail oriented Disney World

THESE 2 CRAYONS ARE CLEARLY NOT THE SAME COLOR!!!!! Yes one is in the stand by line and the other is in the FP line with the color turned away but AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH !!!!

Now you should know what park and what attraction…

My score was not impressive but still

After that a run to

After the pre-show I was able to get a few shots in line. I always find the single rider line here move so S L O W

Apparently I pull a FP for TSM or has a FP+ before Tiering because this was next.

I must have been on a roll because this was next.

I always want to get the window breaking…

Too early.

Then back to

Whew !!! I must have been running back and forth just pulling FP and getting the rides in. I was done with my 2nd RnR about 10:30. Not too bad.

I had a mission today. I had a very sick friend who I had something for. I made it back to the resort to pick up what I needed.

Continued Next Post

I headed to the resort where she was trapped.

Anyone???

I was at POP Century. Caren ( MeMom ) had been very sick. So sick in fact she was admitted to the hospital for a while. I called to make sure she was up for a very brief visit, I wanted her to rest.
We were able to talk for a bit and I accomplished my mission. I bid MeMom farewell and good wishes and visited my second park of the day.

Where did I go?

I had to wait by the fire station for the parade to pass. Such a fun parade. I think my quick dip consisted of maybe looking for an item in the emporium and perhaps picking up more Sorcerer cards.

I made my way back to the beach club where Christmas was officially over.
:(

I love the Beach club carpet.
I probably dropped off a purchase, if one was made, and started to pack up. I had one more park to hit for a farewell meal.

Back through the Beach Club.

It must have been chilly out if I took the hallway most of the way.
In the IG and over to ….

Ahh a must do of Via Napoli.

I was seated near this strange statue.

Is that real fruit on those trees?

Looks like it was getting blustery outside, so it was a quick walk back after dinner. Just didn’t want to stay out in the cold.

The Spice Table was still under construction so it was walled up. However they must have been either using a cleaner or something for painting or staining. There was a strong smell as I passed the building. A smell I knew was no good for me at all. I attempted to hold my breath until I thought I was out of range as I made my way into France.

I have no more pictures of that night. I thought I made it back to see Illuminations one more time but maybe I didn’t.

The end is rather simple. I got up the next morning – finished packing up and headed home. With tissues all the way- Why? Yes I was sad but somehow that cleaner or whatever caused a raging runny nose. Nice.

I would love to do a re-cap or a parade o’photos but I feel that might take me forever with the way life has been lately.

I will say that it was a wonderful trip. The weather was definitely another character in the trip as it dictated some things that might not have gone a certain way if it was not for the weather.

I love WDW during the holidays.
I used FP+ during this trip and well the results were mixed. While it was nice to have times and passes picked out, I planned it with the old FP in mind. AK discontinuing the legacy FP threw a kink in the mix and the weather had certain outdoor attractions as not a good choice.
I will say that since then I have been at the world 2 more times and well, have gotten better at the FP + picks. ; )

The change is annoying and now I hear the TSMM is FP+ only for the week as a test. That would annoy me if I had planned an early morning to ride then FP+ later to ride again. The no warning to “test” makes me feel guinea piggish and not valued.

Firsts- A Dinner at BoG, The AA storytellers, Meeting up with and having dinner with Cynthia and clan, The holiday show and Santa Goofy, Lunch at Yak and Yeti, NYE at DHS and Talking Mickey.

My August trip is next. Then DL which I leave for in a few days. :scared1: Obviously I won’t get August done before I leave, heck I may not even be able to get it started.

Work has been incredible. I had to work a weekend, and Training on Sun and Mon, yes that is right I get to manage while I attend training in the same building. Then Tuesday- Thursday the NRPA conference was in town and I get to earn CEU’s and attend and manage my facility as well. Fri- Sunday I have yet another training. All that is behind me now and we got out early today. :cool1:

Then I have the next week to catch up and get ahead before I am out to another conference right before DL.

I will post here with a link. As always THANK YOU to anyone still reading and I hope to see you for the next one.

It's good to see you are still alive!
I love how you don't remember but kind of make it up as you go...been there done that myself! :rotfl2:

I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!!!! :rotfl2:

I have my pictures and that's it. I do rely on them for a timeline and when I fail there I have to fill in the gaps with my best guess. :lmao:

Guessing it's about time for another update, so I'm bumping this up to help Pat find it............... :rolleyes2

Found it and finished it. Now on to Aug. :rolleyes2

Nice pics of the safari.

You certainly did see a lot that day.

Love Olivia's. The shrimp & grits are so good.

Great update and pics.

When I have a make up day - I can stay focused. :rolleyes:

I will post here with a link. As always THANK YOU to anyone still reading and I hope to see you for the next one.

Nice finish to your trip, and nice close-out to the TR. :cool1:

Hope to see you for the next one too! ;) Can't wait to join in............. :rolleyes1

Sad this trip is wrapped up but can't wait to hear about the next couple of trips!

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter