It's **ABSOLUTELY** OFFICIAL! Magic sails Europe - Summer 2007!

Probably a better comparison is RCCI has one in June 2006, it is $8,645. for 2 adults and 2 children.
An inside cabin. All teh balconies were sold out, so I couldn't compare.

CPM said:
Probably a better comparison is RCCI has one in June 2006, it is $8,645. for 2 adults and 2 children.
An inside cabin. All teh balconies were sold out, so I couldn't compare.

That is a much better comparison but Disney will still be higher I'm sure.

I priced a 7 night RCCL for July '06, inside stateroom was $4656. Leaving/returning Barcelona. 2 adults 2 children.

lillygator said:
ok ready to hear more.....cancelling my Dec 06 trip if this pans out!

HAHAHA, was just thinking the same about my triple play this Christmas...

DrCavin said:
I priced a 7 night RCCL for July '06, inside stateroom was $4656. Leaving/returning Barcelona. 2 adults 2 children.

the one I priced was for an 11 or 12 day, I forget now.
Yes, I'm quite sure DCL will be higher!!

From your experiences, do all the TA's have the info at the same time? For example, if the dates come out on April 2nd, do all TA's get out the info on the 2nd? I typically use a popular online TA (Starts with an "O".....)
(don't know if I am allowed to say the name)
I wonder if they will have the info as soon as others..?

Does anyone have any speculations of where the repo cruise will dock at once it gets to Europe??? Cape Canaveral to ???? :teeth:

Do you think that it will dock and start the Med. cruises off in Barcelona? Or do you think that they will dock in France to incorporate Disneyland Paris??? I was just curious because I wanted to try and price out airfare one way to Europe, if we wanted to take the repo cruise back the United States....Have to get over there somehow to get on the ship to come back! LOL :wizard:

I get to live my DCL Med Cruise experience through all my friends here! Boy, if I didn't have a sophomore, and didn't have to pay for his college education coming up real soon, I'd be drooling all over my credit cards now!

About $20 grand for a party of 5? :confused3 Did someone put something in my drink? :surfweb: :crazy:

I will be following this and will be so excited for you all :grouphug: who are going to sail the med. princess:

This is truly exciting. My husband is just shaking in his boots right now afraid what I may surprise him with :stir: :stir: like last time, booking a East Coast DCL cruise less than 30 days out.

To clarify my post, it was not for Business Class Air. It was regular and we will add Business class upgrade later, we don't know the price. Yes, the prices are for suites but I listed what the suite on the Magic could be compared. When we compare Celebrity prices for a 7 day Caribbean cruise to a DCL 7 day Caribbean cruise they are priced similar.

Don't forget these are prices for a 11 day cruise with a prestay. The prestay is to let our bodies adjust to the time change. As our TA told us, after you arrive force yourself to stay up until 8:00 that night then go to bed. Our international flight will be at night and most likely out of Chicago.

One thing I did tell our TA, the prices are high but we already end up paying over $10,000 for a Disney 7 night (cat. 3 for the 3 of us). The trip is to celebrate our 50th birthdays in '07. It probably will be our only trip to Europe in our life. As far as who Disney thinks can afford such a trip, my thoughts have always been -- it won't be US citizens filling most of the ship. Europeans have to love it if the Magic is moved. It will make their Disney cruise less expensive.

Also, these prices do not include any beverages bought on the ship, or excursions. From what another person posted, we need to include that in our planning.
Kathy

Kathy

Hmmm... I am booked for a Princess Cruise from Southampton this summer... if Disney is doing the med next summer I would seriously consider cancelling this one and doing that instead.

I have done two med cruises years ago - would love to do another one with my DD

tecdavidt said:
As our TA told us, after you arrive force yourself to stay up until 8:00 that night then go to bed.

You can also try and get a daylight flight... I have one booked this August, it departs at 9:00am and arrives in London at 9pm local time. Go to bed and you wake up on their time. :smooth:

tecdavidt said:
I also suggest if you do go you might need Visas and passports. Our TA will help us get the necessary Visas. That did surprise us but she said it is common for European Cruises and no big deal. One more suggestion, buy a good info cruise travel book for your ports of call when you find out what the ports will be. In Italy, arms must be covered, no bare shoulders, no shorts and no sandals when you sight see at a church. We are finding out it is a bit more involved than the easy going Caribbean ports but it will be worth seeing all the historical sights. As far as beaches, I don't think the cruise we are on will have much beach access time.

For all who want to go, have fun. Who knows, we might swich to DCL if the the ports are what we are interested in. Kathy

You WILL have to have a passport. I did a Med Cruise on a budget line several years ago and even on it hey took care of the Visas... I find it interesting that for these prices they aren't taking care of the visas. The most common port where you would need a Visa is Turkey.

The beaches tend not to be the white sand American beaches. For example in Santorni, a common destination the beach is lava rock!

Med cruises are more expensive and as I put it, it's more of a working vacation.

Due to the heat lots of the cruise lines attempt to dock VERY early and do thier shore excursions EARLY. (I was getting up at 5 am) It's worth it to avoid the heat!

Also pre and post stays are "profit centers' for the cruise lines LOL! I looked into them when we did our cruise... I wound up doing both the pre and post stay myself for LESS money then just the pre-stay via the cruise line. Plus my cruise left from Athens and the cruise line hotel was nice, but not in a central location.

The same is true of shore excursions. Lots of them you can do yourself for much less money. If you are going on a European Cruise you might try www.fodors.com Post your shore calls on thier message boards. Lots of times you will get recommendations for tour guides there that folks have found....

Our TA will be taking care of the Visas for us that is why she told us no big deal. Yes, we all ready have passports but I was wanting to warn others that it isn't just a passport they will need for the trip. Mine actually has to be renewed before we leave.

As far as a daylight trip. The overnight flight will work out well. With Business class we will be able to sleep some going over and when we wake up we will be in Florence. It just will take time to reset our internal clock.

After reading my travel books it should be a great time. Our ports will be Rome, Mykonos Greece, Santorini Greece, Messina Sicily Italy, Nice France, Livorno Italy (we will see Pisa then), back to Rome.

The price quote from one poster about first class air, my husband found the price would be $7,500 on top of the regular fare x 3 !!! No way. That is what the cruise would cost. Business air might be $1,600 more per person but our TA said that is worth it. So take $1,600 x 3. Oh well, we will only turn 50 once.

Kathy

Why not the Wonder this time?

Just a curious since the Magic got the special routes last time.

As for Passports, they have been required everywhere for the most part for years. The exceptions had been Canada, Mexico and most of the Caribbean. That, however changes at the end of this year.

And both European trips I took involved Visas for several of my stops.

Hmmm. Well, I haven't gotten to take a Disney Cruise yet, but am going to be living in Egypt still when this happens. Maybe airfare will not be that expensive for me, and we can take advantage! I know we will need our Disney fix after that LOOOOONG year in Egypt! :banana:

tvguy said:
Why not the Wonder this time?

Who knows? I know that at our Castaway Club party a couple of weeks ago, the captain said the Wonder will continue it's usual route & the magic will make the change.

Maybe crew contracts?

tecdavidt said:
Our TA will be taking care of the Visas for us that is why she told us no big deal. Yes, we all ready have passports but I was wanting to warn others that it isn't just a passport they will need for the trip. Mine actually has to be renewed before we leave.

After reading my travel books it should be a great time. Our ports will be Rome, Mykonos Greece, Santorini Greece, Messina Sicily Italy, Nice France, Livorno Italy (we will see Pisa then), back to Rome.

Kathy

A few suggestions... I didn't see where you were coming from,b ut at last check NONE of these ports need Visas for Americans... (I KNOW Italy and France don't need Visas and am 99.9% sure Greece doesn't either) So if your TA charges you for this service make sure you need it....

I think your Business Class fares are probably good. I know Business Class to Rome on DL runs about $3,000!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter