It's a "Small World" after all..

We ran into one of my girlfriend's co-workers in line for the Maelstrom last November. But we did know they'd be visiting.
But the craziest was on my last trip before that, 12 years earlier, when I was still a college student. My father and I were down there on business (it was summer), and we literally took the next place in line at Space Mountain behind the sweeper of my soccer team! We had no idea the either would be there.
What's really weird is that the following New Year's Eve, I ran into a different player from the team, and then later in the evening, I ran into the very same sweeper we had in Disney.
I must add, though, than nothing beats what happened to my girlfriend and I in Chatham, Mass. last month. We stopped to say hello to a dog, and his owner came out of a cafe and called my girlfriend "Piper." Piper is apparently her twin right here in Albany, who everyone seems to know, though we've never met her ourselves (and Albany is not exactly enormous).... apparently she had met this random dog owner during a previous trip to the Cape. I'm actually convinced that she exists in an alternate universe that overlaps ours from time to time.... that is, that Piper and my girlfriend are the same entity existing on separate planes. :rotfl2:
If Mickey Mouse mistakes my girlfriend for Piper during our next trip, my head is going to explode.
So yes, it's a small world. And perhaps a small inter-dimensional time-space continuum?

More than once...

Most memorable was when I was around 12 and in Morocco in Epcot I ran into a kid I was good friends with in 1st grade before we moved to another city...

We didnt talk, but stared...I guess we were uncertain and it had been a few years...

Once over xmas break in 6th grade on a trip to the Fiesta Bowl, we stopped at the Grand Canyon...in the lobby of some resort hotel I turned around and saw a kid from my class! We didnt talk, just waved!

Ran into him a few years ago at a bar and we laughed about it!

On my DD's 4th birthday we had breakfast at CRT. The people at the table next to us asked us where we are from, it turns out the DH grew up in our town and his parents still lived there- only a few streets away from us. Really weird b/c our town is small (less than 10,000 people), and thier daughter was celebrating her 4th birthday that day too. Definitley a small world.

Yep, a number of times! The coolest was last Nov, waiting in a not very long line at It's a small World! :lmao: That was so weird! We were in line and I said to DD17, isn't that so and so, and the kid and I kept looking at each other, then his Mom came along and we just laughed at the surprise of seeing each other there. There were some others I knew would be there we didn't see, but really did expect to as we seen people a number of times. Anyway, we know it really is a small world.

Sort of OT disney, we were at our family lake house with my brother and his family. We were just spending the afternoon on the pontoon, kids swimming in the lake off a beach. Suddenly, two of my brothers kids (from his first wife), saw their other brother in the lake playing with his dad and some other people! That was really strange, the dad had friends with a cabin up there and the kids were shocked to see each other on the same lake like that! The kids had no idea where the other was going, just hanging with their dads and family as usual. They all played and had fun the rest of the day, but that sure was the strangest 'its a small world' encounter! :rotfl:

YES....we went during the week of Mardi Gras this year to escape the local madness and we saw tons of friends...including our next door neighbors...twice :) My DD ran into tons of kids from her Pre-K class, I ran into a former co-worker from when we lived in Alabama and DH ran into a class mate from high school in the lobby of the Pop. It is a really small world.

Yes, on our last trip, we ended up standing in line for Soarin' beside a guy that was from the town adjacent to ours. We saw him again a few days later in MK.

Last year we were in line for Peter Pan's Flight. As we approached the loading area, I noticed the CM's nametag. She was from our small town. I commented on it, and said, we're from Sturgis too. She just looked at me, and said, "yeah, right".

When we went back later and the following days, I had my wallet ready to show her my license, but we never saw her again.

:rotfl:

On our last trip in February we were in line for Dumbo and saw our neighbors who live two doors up from us just ahead of us in line. We had no idea they were going at the same time!

We live in Ohio. We have taken 3 trips in the last 6 years over the 4th of July. This is the week that DH's plant shuts down. EVERY year we have ran into someone that DH knew from the plant. We will see when we go next year if we run into someone.....It definitley was VERY funny running into someone EVERY year!

OMG this thread is so cool! We ran into several friends while at WDW, most of them we knew were going but were unsure of the dates, and one family who made last minute plans and we bumped into them coming out of the China pavilion in WS. :cool1: We had a lot of fun touring the parks together for a few days. I've also ran into friends in remote parts around the world, and THAT, my friends, is a mind-blower!!

I was leaving the food court at POR (then Dixie Landings) a few years back and ran into a former co-worker as she headed into breakfast. Hadn't seen her in a couple years and there she was! Nice to catch up.....

Yes, we stayed at BWV a few years ago, when I went to get on the elevator-my DW's first cousins and families (10 total) were getting off. No idea they were going, but they are from Seattle and its years between seeing them. Kept in touch the rest of the trip.

We run into someone we know every trip. Sometimes it's a complete surprise, sometimes we know the person will be there. The craziest "small world" encounter happened a few years ago. In '02 we were staying at BWV and my DD met another little girl. We seemed to be at the pool about the same time everyday so they were always playing together. Flash forward 2 years and we're again at BWV. Well guess who's there....the same little girl! They're from Pennsylvania, we're from Texas. They had a great time together again and we even ran into her at TL one day!

On our honeymoon in '95, I ran into a guy I went to high school with (in Michigan) at the top of Summit Plummet of all places!!

It really is a small world!! It seems like everytime I go to WDW I run into someone I know. The last trip we took I ran into a boy I had dated in high school (awkward for poor DF...:rolleyes1 ) on the Great Movie Ride in DHS. Then the time before that I ran into a boy I knew in middle school (I was in middle school about 10 years ago). We just returned from a trip this week and DF ran into one of his football teammates from high school.
Very strange!! Disney has a way with bringing people together! haha

On a one day trip to MK, my family bumped into a couple we knew. As a result, the man won a bet he had made with his girlfriend. She thought there was no way they would see anyone they knew while at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter