It's a small Wolrd Nursey

SoCaOC-Mom

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used that yet?

At the time of sailing my youngest DD will be just 6 weeks shy of her 3'd birthday so she is booked for there and not the club.

How hard is it to get a reservation there?

I am a first time cruiser so I will be the I think I am at the 60 mark but even then it's hard to figure out when I will need it as I am hoping to get a table at Remy; which I don't think I would be able to book til I am on board (and even then there is no guarantee) .

I thought I read somewhere that the max hours you could book is 10. Is that always true? Or is that the max you can book in advance and then its just trying your luck on board?

If your dd is toilet trained they will most likely let her use the club, she would have more fun there.

The small world nursery is SMALL.

My 15 month old did not like it there at all, my reasons for using it was for him to have some fun playing with toys instead of being stuck in a stroller or on my back.

They do not let parents beyond the gate, instead they pass your child over to a cm on the otherside. They quite often would put our son in a bed because he was upset about being there, and they mistook it for being sleepy.

The CM are great there, I have no complaints about them.

I personally would only use the nursery again if I absolutely had to, like if I had a palo reservation.

So my advice would be to talk to the kids club when you get on board.

Sorry to hijack your post...I'm trying to figure this out as well!

My son will be 2 years 4 months when we sail...if I can get him potty trained I've heard he can use the club instead. My concern is he's still just a little over 2 and I'm not sure I would be comfortable letting him on his own in the club area with 3-10 year olds???

To OP: I think if my child was 6 weeks shy of 3...I'd consider using the club. You can "pre-book" 10 hours of nursery time. You then can check back on day 2 of your cruise to book additional hours if available. You can cancel up to 4 hours prior to scheduled time without penalty. So, you could pre-book your hours and check out the Club area and decide which one you're more comfortable with.
It's too bad you don't know when you can get a reservation at Remy!

Does anyone know if I plan to use the nursery, do I have to register him in the Terminal prior to boarding? Or is that just for the 3 and up clubs?

Sorry to hijack your post...I'm trying to figure this out as well!

My son will be 2 years 4 months when we sail...if I can get him potty trained I've heard he can use the club instead. My concern is he's still just a little over 2 and I'm not sure I would be comfortable letting him on his own in the club area with 3-10 year olds???

To OP: I think if my child was 6 weeks shy of 3...I'd consider using the club. You can "pre-book" 10 hours of nursery time. You then can check back on day 2 of your cruise to book additional hours if available. You can cancel up to 4 hours prior to scheduled time without penalty. So, you could pre-book your hours and check out the Club area and decide which one you're more comfortable with.
It's too bad you don't know when you can get a reservation at Remy!

Does anyone know if I plan to use the nursery, do I have to register him in the Terminal prior to boarding? Or is that just for the 3 and up clubs?

You only have to register in the terminal is your child is going to be in one of the clubs. (That's where they issue the wristbands that the kids have to wear)

My DD turned 3 on day 4 of our cruise. I called before and asked them if she was aloud in the club because she was potty trained and would be 3 that week. They told me if they are a month away from being 3 and potty trained they would let them in the club.

I would LOVE it if they would/could take her at the club (assuming she is potty trained by then) especially since her sister and the two daughters of friends of ours will be in there...but as someone mentioned she would be a little more than their 30 day mark.

Has anyone NOT been able to book their little ones in the nursery at a time they while on board.

If I were to guess ahead, I would think a couple of hours at night after our late dinner with an extra 2 hours if we get a Remy ressie. I

Another question about the Nursery...

I booked a few blocks of time for my DS 2 to be in the nursery during (what should be) his naps. If for some reason we want to cancel it or change the time is that allowed? Is there a penalty for canceling?

I'd also love to hear any more reviews from parents who have left their children at the Nursery. If my son doesn't end up going to sleep, is there enough for him to do that he will be happy and entertained? I planned on only leaving him there for his naps because I feel sad for him being babysat when it's supposed to be a family vacation. At the same time, if he's sleeping and there are services available I think it's better than either DH or I being stuck in the stateroom while he sleeps.

If your dd is toilet trained they will most likely let her use the club, she would have more fun there.

The small world nursery is SMALL.

My 15 month old did not like it there at all, my reasons for using it was for him to have some fun playing with toys instead of being stuck in a stroller or on my back.

They do not let parents beyond the gate, instead they pass your child over to a cm on the otherside. They quite often would put our son in a bed because he was upset about being there, and they mistook it for being sleepy.

The CM are great there, I have no complaints about them.

I personally would only use the nursery again if I absolutely had to, like if I had a palo reservation.

So my advice would be to talk to the kids club when you get on board.

Does anyone know if I reserved some nursery time for DD (won't be 3 on the cruise but will be potty-trained. oh yes. she will.), but allowed to use the club instead, would I have any nursery reservation fees waived?

TIA.

Does anyone know if I reserved some nursery time for DD (won't be 3 on the cruise but will be potty-trained. oh yes. she will.), but allowed to use the club instead, would I have any nursery reservation fees waived?

TIA.

I'm really interested in this as well - I'm not sure how to go about this.

My daughter will be 2 years + 4 months and I would really like her to be able to go to the club with her older brother (who dotes on her - he's 6). We'll be starting potty training this week so I'm hoping by September we are ready, plus we're going on a transatlantic where there are considerably fewer kids than a regular sailing. I'm hoping the club will accept her, but I want to book some nursery time so we can go for dinner one night.

Fingers crossed. I understand there are age rules, but if the staff have shown a bit of wiggle room in the past I have hope!

What are the hours for the nursery??? I remember reading somewhere that they are only from 5p.m.-1 a.m. and thought those hours were really odd considering our twins go to bed at 7 p.m. I was really hoping to use the nursery in the morning or afternoon!

What are the hours for the nursery??? I remember reading somewhere that they are only from 5p.m.-1 a.m. and thought those hours were really odd considering our twins go to bed at 7 p.m. I was really hoping to use the nursery in the morning or afternoon!

I think it's only 5pm -1 am the first day of the cruise. I am almost sure I saw on some recent DREAM navigators that it was open earlier the remaining days.

For some reason, I think the cancellations work the same way it does with some of the other minor services. I want to say 4 hours notice...but I will dig around and try to find a confirmation.

Take a look at recent Navigators, nursery times are listed on there. Looks like typically 9am-1am most days...a little later on sea day. 5pm-1am on Debark day...I'm looking at the Dream Navigator.

DCL states you can cancel up to 4 hous prior to scheduled time without penalty :)

I'm a bit concerned too...DS (will be 2 years, 4 months) at time of sail, he already looks a whole year older than what he is...he's going to look like a giant in the nursery! And, is there enough for him to do in there? Knocking over little ones is not allowed...lol!

Take a look at recent Navigators, nursery times are listed on there. Looks like typically 9am-1am most days...a little later on sea day. 5pm-1am on Debark day...I'm looking at the Dream Navigator.

DCL states you can cancel up to 4 hous prior to scheduled time without penalty :)

I'm a bit concerned too...DS (will be 2 years, 4 months) at time of sail, he already looks a whole year older than what he is...he's going to look like a giant in the nursery! And, is there enough for him to do in there? Knocking over little ones is not allowed...lol!

IMO- other than the play kitchen and the little ride on toy,it didn't look like many of the toys would interest/challenge my DD now- never mind 9 months from now.

But I did hear they have activities from some of the older little ones like painting ect- and will try to bring them to the club.

It may work out better that way because they will get best of both worlds- all the fun of the Oceaneers Club with the extra supervision the Nursery provides .

I was thinking the same thing about the toys. My twins will be 2 yrs. 9 months when we sail and it seems like they would get bored in there for an extended period. At this point I was only going to be leaving them in there for a couple hours at a time so they should be fine with the toys even if they are a bit below their age level. DH and I just wanted enough time that we could do something fun with the older kids or chill out by the pool for a couple hours without two toddlers:)

Thank you so much for answering all my questions!!!

In Feb. we went on our first cruise (the Dream). My nephew was 2 months shy of his 3rd birthday - his birthday is this Friday - and went in the nursery at least once a day. He loved it! My DB & DSIL did take him in the Club/Lab to play when they were with him.

While it's true they can go to the Club/Lab once they're potty trained, it is my understanding that they have to be able to take care of themselves when in the bathroom. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that no adults are allowed in the bathrooms. Like I said, I could be wrong.

In Feb. we went on our first cruise (the Dream). My nephew was 2 months shy of his 3rd birthday - his birthday is this Friday - and went in the nursery at least once a day. He loved it! My DB & DSIL did take him in the Club/Lab to play when they were with him.

While it's true they can go to the Club/Lab once they're potty trained, it is my understanding that they have to be able to take care of themselves when in the bathroom. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that no adults are allowed in the bathrooms. Like I said, I could be wrong.

I have also heard that adults are not allowed in the bathrooms, even if you were accompanying your own child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter