Itiniery advice?

barbNJ

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

My husband, 10 yr. old son and I will be going to Orlando the 1st week in May. Our plans:

Sat., 5/1: Arrive at WL around noon.
Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern?
Relax at pool
Dinner at Cindy's Royal Table -time??
Evening rides (Haunted Mansion, etc.)

Sun, 5/1 Breakfast: Chef Mickeys's
MK all day with counter service lunch
Dinner suggestions?
Relax at pool

Mon., 5/2 Breakfast at WL buffet
Spend the day at Epcot (Mission space!)
Lunch? (Any suggestions?)
Dinner at the Living Seas
Possible Illuminations cruise(?)

Tue.,5/3 Breakfast ? (Ohana?)
MGM (Who wants to be a millionaire!)
Lunch or Dinner at 50's prime time(depending Fantasmic package in May)
Fantasmic

Wed.,5/4 Breakfast at MK
Check out of MK & take cab to Universal Hard rock Hotel
Spend the day at Universal / dinner at Hard Rock

Thu.5/5 Universal Islands of Adventure/Relax at pool
Fri.,5/6 Discovery Cove
Sat.,5/7 Check out & head back to NJ

Does anyone have any suggestions or input? I know it seems like alot to do, but we may not get back to Fla for YEARS after this! My questions:
1. Does anyone have any dinner suggestions for Sunday evening?
2. Am I missing anything important that my 10 yr. old son would like?
3. What time should we reserve dinners?
THANKS for any input!
Barb

:wave:

It looks good!!

I might swap Cindy's and LTT on the first day---that way you can eat dinner with the characters. Also, all the reviews say that dinner there is fabulous!! You may also want to think about eating lunch at Whispering Canyon the first day if you are planning on swimming first that way you don't have to do the trip back and forth to MK twice and can get over there earlier in the evening after you finish swimming.

AS far as Sunday night, I think it depends on where you want to be for dinner. O'Hanas at the Poly would probably be fun for DS10. Or you could head to Downtown Disney and eat there, or Cape May on the Boardwalk if you don't hit it on the day you go to Epcot.

If you are staying at MK, Crystal Palace has a nice dinner with the Pooh characters, if that isn't too young for your son. Or you could hit LTT this night if you don't on your first night there!!

Good luck and have fun!!

Since you're staying at WL, another relatively convenient dinner option for Sunday would be the Hoop Dee Doo Review at the FW Campgrounds & Resort. We did it last week and our kids (6yo son and 9yo daughter) loved it. The food is good (especially the fried chicken and baked beans) and served family style, the price includes soft drinks/beer/wine (they seemed much more generous with the beer than the Poly luau, too) and an enteraining show.

What? No trip to AK with a 10 year old :( !!! Seriously, you may want to try to squeeze in a few hours here if you won't be back for years. Perhaps on your last day at Disney go to AK in the am and do the safari, ITTBAB, and Dinosaur before heading to Universal.

For Sunday dinner I'd suggest the luau at the Poly or perhaps something in the boardwalk area. If you go to the boardwalk, after dinner you can walk around that area for a few hours.

For Epcot lunch, try one of the countries in WS. I like to try something that I can't get at home so I stay away from restaurants at China and Mexico (but there is nothing wrong with eating there and the food is very good). If your son is not a picky eater try lunch at Norway, Morocco, Japan (Hibachi), or Germany. Go to www.wdwig.com for a look at some menus and then pick whatever peaks your fancy the most.

For an activity your son may like, try Cirque du Soleil at DTD. It's expensive but worth the money. All of you will be fascinated by it. Maybe go Sunday night and eat dinner at DTD.

One piece of advice: You have a lot of big meals planned each day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Not only is this a lot of eating (and expensive) but it is very time consuming. Consider cutting out some sit down meals to give you more park time. I know itr's tough since you want to do everything, but you may also want the extra park time.

Unfortunately, there's so much to do at Disney that you can't possible get it all done in one trip. If you and your family realize this you'll have the right frame of mind and won't get disappointed at missing something. On the bright side, this gives you an excuse to go back in a few years.

Have fun.

I don't know if this will screw you up at all, but you listed May 1st twice, as both Saturday and Sunday...

I would throw in at least a couple of hours at Animal Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter