Itinerary for our Oct 5, 2003 was changed by Disney

PMelhorn

Mouseketeer
Our Oct. 5, 2003 cruise was changed. It was a 4 day cruise with a day at sea but Disney changed the day at sea to Freeport. Not what I wanted.
My TA forward me the letter Disney sent her. It said "DCL was pleased to announce that we will continueto include Freeport, as one of our ports of call, on select 4 night sailings through Dec 14, 2003. A call on Freeport will replace the day at sea every other week on our magical 4 night cruises that also include a stop at Nassau and our Bahmin paradise Castaway Cay.
Our records show your clients are booked on one of Disney Wonder 4 day cruises that will now include a call at Freeport."

This does upset me because our last cruise which was our first, we could not dock at a Castaway Cay so I was hoping this time the ship would have a couple of days to give it a shot . It was disappoint to take your first Disney cruise and miss Castaway Cay after hearing how great it is.
Oh well Hopefully this time around we can dock at Castaway Cay.

Just wanted to let you know they may be some changing going on.

Hi Peggy,

I certainly understand your disappointment at missing CC, we did on our first cruise as well. Here's some pixie dust that you make it this time. They do dock more often than they don't so remember the odds are in your favor!

Deb

Thanks FantasticDisFamily, I will keep that in mind. I can not wait to relax on Castaway Cay's beach.

Hi Peggy:
We (husband, 6-year old daughter and me) are also on the October 5th cruise. I was also disappointed that they added Freeport and took away the day at sea. I guess if we don't want to see Freeport, we'll just stay on board. My TA (DU) hasn't notified me of the change - I found out through this board. Now I'm just hoping that we don't have a hurricane!

Think of the Freeport day as a day at sea that is less crowded!
Stay on board and enjoy the less crowded ship...

That is a good point about less people being on board at Freeport. We do plan to stay on board. I will have to point this out to my DH. He will really like that fact.
Hurricanes, Please stay away. My family wants to step onto Castaway Cay so back that they may jump over baord and swim for it! LOL
I am so happy to hear someone is going that week. I was beginning to think we were going to be the only ones on the ship. Or the words of my 2 yr. old " My Big Mickey Boat. We went in Dec. and he has not stopped talking about his Big Mickey Boat. It is so cute.

our day at sea was so crowded on the ship. If we'd docked in Freeport we'd have treated it as a day and sea and maybe would have had a better time. Adult pool and hot tubs were so packed we just sunbathed and used our mist bottles to cool off.

We were on the 4 day in January with a stop at Freeport. (By the way, Freeport is before Castaway Cay so it probably wouldn't have given you an extra day to try to dock at CC-sorry) Anyway, you absolutely MUST get off in Freeport. Take a quick walk around Nassau and spend the rest of that day on the ship. When you arrive in Freeport, it's very industrial and you think you should stay on the ship, but DON'T!! It's only a $5 per person taxi ride to Port Lucaya where there are stores and a straw market. The people in Freeport are so much friendlier than Nassau and you feel very safe! Spend some time at Port Lucaya and then walk across the street to the Lucayan Beach Resort and spend some time on their beach. It's beautiful! It's also a very interesting ride to Port Lucaya. You really get to see what the island looks like. (About 20 min each way) We were planning to stay on the ship, but the cast members convinced us and we are very happy they did!

Originally posted by jeanie
Think of the Freeport day as a day at sea that is less crowded!
Stay on board and enjoy the less crowded ship...

GREAT THINKING and an EXCELLENT point!

Ditto - stay on the ship and enjoy it as a day at sea.

We were surprised when we got our letter also (this was for our December 2002 cruise) - Freeport sounded better than Nassau, but when we got there.....well, we stayed on the ship.

I really would have preferred having the day at sea. Nothing is as spectacular as looking around at the ocean from the observation deck and realizing that we are so small and the world is so large.
Puts life into perspective!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter