• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Italy prices--2009 vs. 2010

Turtlemom

Mouseketeer
Ok, we just got back from a fantastic ABD Quest for the West where I managed to avoid cell phone, internet, and TV for the better part of a week. While on the trip, we were blissfully ignorant of the unpopular decision to do away with EBD rates. . . and we had foolishly been talking about booking the Viva Italia trip right away when we get back. As there is no early booking discount, alas, the urgency is now gone. (sigh. :sad2:). I have ordered brochures from other tour companies (reluctantly), and set about to do some research.

But here is a question for those of you who have been on Viva Italia recently--how much more are the 2010 rates (non EBD) vs. the 2009 rates?????

The current website gives a range of $3699-4699, but if you click on "About Us" and the sub-link to get 2009 rates, they are quoting $3699 for remaining 2009 rates.

What's up with that?????

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Turtlemom

Welcome back from your adventure. The 2010 lowest priced rate is $3,859 with no EBD. I can't recall exactly what the 2009 rate was, but I recall it being in the range of $3,500 - $3,600 without the EBD. So, the per person rate went up approximately $300 for this trip.

Ok. Thanks. That helps some.
It seems like the main webpage lists a range of $3699-4619, but the current "rates and dates" lists a range of $3729-4809. But under the 2010 dates listed, the lowest price is $3859.

Its kind of like dealing with the airlines, where it is never clear what the trip costs. Very frustrating in my opinion.

Also, in light of the fact that one group on my last trip managed to book only 2 weeks out at a substantial discount. . . . Has anyone ever done this before or have a good TA who can negotiate discounts? Even last minute discounts?

Once again--any info is appreciated.
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter