• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It Tastes Like Rainbows! 3 Generations of Princesses Trip Report! Update x2! 4/12/15

Yodal-ay-hee-hoo!- Jessie

We boarded the ferry and headed back to the Magic Kingdom with a swing past the Poly. I loved the look of the beach and I can imagine it has a beautiful view of the fireworks at night. It was about 7:30pm at this point and we wanted to find a spot for the Electrical parade. We sat on a corner by the front entrance and had a great view.

While we waited, Ella befriended the little girl sitting next to us. (Making new friends is also a running theme with this trip report :) ) Ella noticed that the little girl had on the same dress she was wearing earlier in the day and they became best friends. We were sitting on the sidewalk with the rope about 5 feet in front of us so they had a perfect spot to dance together while we waited.

After they had an intense conversation about Frozen Ella stopped and said to her "why do you talk like a cowgirl?" The little girl had a fairly thick southern accent which Ella had never heard before. She laughed and I kid you not said "Ah shucks we're from Tennessee!" It was the cutest thing ever :rotfl:

Ella and her new friend settled into the little girls double stroller which she kindly invited her to share and it was parade time! (Forgive me for the picture quality I hadn't quite mastered the moving night shot yet!)

After the parade was over we said our goodbyes and started our trek up Main Street to find a spot for Wishes. We had the good fortune to find a spot at the front of the roped off area right in front of Casey's! it was the perfect view and the Cm's kept waving through people who were trying to stop in front of us. Unfortunately Ella was tired at this point. Tired of standing, tired of sitting, tired of people and just wanted to be held.

I had dreamed of the pictures I'd get if I got this spot for Wishes but like I said earlier, sometimes things don't go as planned. So I hoisted her up on my hip and we watched Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. I loved it and I loved the fact that she was pointing and giggling and singing. This was the way it was supposed to be at this point. I was able to pay more attention to her than my camera. So no pictures this time.

Wishes ended and the stampede began! We decided to take cover and hurried over to the tables at Casey's to wait for some of the craziness to pass since the Magic Kingdom was open until 1 we thought we'd try and ride a few more things. The grumpy princess had seemed to perk up a bit after a rest and we headed into Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan again with a standby wait of 10 min. We maid a last stop at Undersea and the Carousel (no wait for either) we were beat!

We bid our goodbye's to the castle for now (we would be back later in the week) and we trekked to our bus stop.

I swear we waited for 45 min for a bus, the stop was full and busses just kept coming for everywhere else! Finally we got back to the resort and to our room and guess what! NO WATER!:faint: Ugh. After our wait for the bust it was at least 12:45am by this point so I tucked Ella into bed (no bath as we wanted to keep our princess hair) and called down to bell services again.

They apologized and said they'd send it up tomorrow. I agreed but made sure to tell them I was extremely unhappy as I'd been promised earlier it would be here when I got back.

Well needless to say at 3:00am we got a knock on the door with our water. At least we had it and it was technically "tomorrow" I guess... On to our next day!

Last edited:

Day 2!

I want to shove some chocolate in my face- Anna

The plan was to do rope drop at Epcot but due to the fact we were woken up for water at crazy o clock in the morning we got to the bus stop at about 9:30am and shoveled down a granola bar on the bus for breakfast. We were walking through the gates at about 10am.

Epcot is officially my favorite park! It's beautiful and we were there for the flower and garden festival which was so pretty! We took a bunch of pictures in front of "the big golf ball" as Ella called it, grabbed a map and headed to The Seas With Nemo!

I had switched our fast passes around a bit due to the later morning but it didn't really matter. (WARNING RANT!) I don't like Epcots fp + tiering. Due to the fact it's a big park it's really hard to go back and forth between all sides. Even with my ocd plan it didn't work out. We only got to one of our fast passes today.

The Seas had about a 5 min standby wait and we took a spin (or two)! Since we were in the seas pavilion we went to go see the manatees and the dolphins.

My mom walked around with Ella looking at the exhibits while I tried to change our fast passes, my signal in that building was awful so I had no luck.

We wondered over to Turtle Talk with Crush and saw it was about a 15 min wait and jumped in line. We had a fp for this a half hour from now but we were there and couldn't justify leaving and coming back. After we were herded into the waiting room we checked out the "jellies" and the little trivia game on the wall. We got through about 2 games when the doors opened and we went in.

I had explained to Ella that Crush ill talk to them and they can ask him questions before we even came to Disney. The CM called all the kids to the front and my mom and I took a seat about half way back. Her hand immediately shot up! It hadn't even started yet but she was on top of it! She left her hand up for the ENTIRE show :)

Crush picked out a little boy whose parents were right beside me and he asked if Crush had a mate. He told him that was a very personal question and laughed and said but yes I do and her name is Shelly and we've been together for over 20 years now.

He called on a few more kids and by that time Ella was waving her hand around frantically! She told me she was going to ask how much of the world he has seen or how hard his shell was. He called on her and then this happened... "Have you ever sold chocolate candy bars for a school fundraiser?" There was no response for Crush, he just floated there and finally he said "I'm sorry dudette I don't know what chocolate is but it sounds like fun!" She laughed and said ok. My daughter sometimes :) so random!

We had a 12pm fp+ for Test Track so we started making our way over to the other side. We noticed that character spot had a 5 min wait so we had to say hi to some friends! Mickey, Goofy and Minnie were on hand today. Minnie was super excited that Ella was wearing an outfit just like hers so they posed for quite a few pictures and then curtsied together!

Mickey and Goofy were fairly quick visits but still great.

We got to Test Track right at 12 and had no wait to go into the room to design our car! We ended up with this beauty!

I loved this ride and so did my mom. It was fantastic! Our car ended up winning and Ella was so excited~ We did all the interactive things at the end as well which was cool. I totally forgot to get any of our ride photos on our memory maker, makes me sad :( I snuck into the gift shop while my mom and Ella took pictures in different cars. I bout a few things for my boyfrind's son that loves cars. We all wanted to ride again but with a standby of 75 min we decided to try again later in the evening. We had a 1:30pm date with some princesses so it was time to go to World Showcase!

Last edited:
Epcot is one of my favorite parks too! I totally agree that the expanse of the park does hinder the fp+ choices.

On a side note...I would have been happy to finally get my water but someone would probably been given an earful! I am sorry but 3AM is a little ridiculous.

I am cracking up at the "have you ever sold chocolate bars for a school fundraiser?" question. :lmao:

She is adorable and I'm looking forward to reading more about your trip!!

Thank you all for following along! Sorry I haven't posted in a bit I'm in the middle of a job change so it's been hectic around here.

My daughter told me today that she really missed Disney World and wanted to watch the planning videos we've been accumulating over the last 3 years so we "went" to the world this afternoon :cool1: Time for an update!

MJMSTD1- yea I was not amused about being woken up at 3 am but I was so tired I had no fight left in me lol

Cando86- Thank you! Ella was in kindergarten last year and they had the World's Finest chocolate bar sale and she was totally into selling to the neighborhood so I'm sure that's where she got the idea!

DVC Sommer- thank you so much!

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere- Belle

This might be my most favorite update so far I can't wait for you guys to read it!

Before heading over the bridge we took a few min to go see the Lightning McQueen and Mader topiaries, and change into our princess dress of the day and off we went to Mexico!

I really really wanted a carved ring so I headed over to the cart and filled out the form. The artist said it would be a few hours and I told her we'd come back after lunch. We rocked out a few tunes such as the ABC's and twinkle twinkle on the drums at the shop and took the obligatory sombrero picture!

(side note, there is SO much to do in World Showcase I wish we had about 3 days there it seems like we really didn't accomplish everything we wanted to do and I can't wait to go there again)

Norway was next where we found some cool hats!

My mom browsed through the shops looking or a few things for my Grandma. We have a lot of Norwegian heritage and she wanted to bring her backa souvenier. She found some books and a Viking Duffy bear for her and we checked in at Akershus for lunch.

By this point it was extremely hot. They only have 3 umbrellas to cluster under which doesn't really cut it at busy times. Ella found a spot on the ground and camped out with another Aurora and waited for them to call us in.

We only waited about 5 min past our ADR time and then it was our turn to get our photo with Belle.

(Please excuse this picture I was so sweaty I couldn't take my hat off!) We were seated very close to the entrance and we waited for the chef to come talk to my mom about her allergy. A little bit of background, my mom I allergic to the synthetic forms of MSG BHT and BHA. If it naturally occurs in a food she is ok but the synthetic form closes off her airway.

The chef came right out, asked her what she wanted to order and went back to the kitchen to verify the ingredients of the sauce. He said everything that she wanted to eat was ok just to steer clear of the lunchmeats on the cold bar. Great! Lunch time could begin!

I grabbed some rolls, fruit, cheese and salami for Ella and the same for me. My mom loaded up on asparagus, rolls and cheese an we awaited the main attraction! Our lunches came out first though which was perfectly fine with me. We all ordered the meatballs and they were so good! This was my mom's favorite meal, she said it was because the food is in her blood,yeesh :)

About this time the parade of Princesses started and Ella hopped right in line with Aurora. This was cute. Snow White had the kids skipping with her and Cinderella was curtseying to all the parents. Ella came back to the table and they all came over to sign her book ad get some hugs. I'm no sure where my pictures of this went... but Snow White was first up followed my Cinderella, Ariel and Aurora. Ella didn't have too much interaction with any of them. I'm pretty sure she asked Snow White and Aurora again if they could teach her how to talk to animals like she had the day before.

We were wrapping up lunch and waiting for dessert when Ella got a little wrestles. There was a space right in front of our table across from the plce where Belle takes pictures that Ella procured for dance floor.

She was spinning and twirling and jumping to the music in her head :banana: She noticed that a girl about her age at the table next to us was watching her and she ran right over, grabbed her hands and they danced together!

The girl, who happened to be on a Make a Wish trip (I noticed the pin she was wearing) and Ella decided it was tea party time so they gathered their pretend tea party necessities from the corner and took a seat in the middle of the floor. Next thing they know Belle came out as no one was waiting o take pictures and sat down with them!

They gave her a "cup" and a "doughnut" because what tea party would be complete without doughnuts? They started chatting about Mrs. Potts and Chip and how she love tea parties!

The tea party came to a conclusion and Belle grabbed both girls hands and the played ring around the rosie a few times (Belle even gracefully fell to the floor) and she also taught them to properly curtsey.

By this time a few customer's were waiting to take pictures so Belle gave hugs and bid farewell and the girls floated back to the table on cloud 9!:cloud9:

Seriously this was my absolute favorite memory of the whole trip. Ella was also super excited that she made a new friend and got to have some amazing time with one of her favorite princesses. We got to talking with the other girls family and we realized we all had breakfast reservation tomorrow at the same place and same time! It was a date! The girls hugged and made promises to dance more tomorrow and it was time to go.

Oh! Dessert! We had a few bites and it was ok, I wasn't to sure about the rice cream? But we had so many choices in World Showcase that we knew we'd find a sweet treat somewhere.:rolleyes1

Last edited:
My baby's all grown up and saving China!- Mushu

After lunch Ella and I backtracked to Mexico to pick up my ring while my mom shopped a little more in Norway. When we got there the artist told me that I didn't leave the copy of the with her so she hadn't worked on the ring :confused3 I didn't remember her saying anything about the receipt and I asked her how long it would take to get it done or if I should just get my money back. She wasn't very friendly at this point but told me that she'd have it done in ten minutes and I could wait out front.

We browsed through the store a bit and soon it was done. Make sure you leave a copy of your receipt if you buy one. Crisis averted and I love my ring! It was a very reasonable price too, I can't wait to get another when we go back.

We swung back to Norway to pick up my mom and we agreed to ride Maelstrom. The ride said standby was a 30 min wait but we were on in ten.

The boat we got was full of water so I was a little nervous about getting soaked but nothing ended up coming in on our ride. Ella was pretty indifferent about this one and I think we could take it or leave it. I'd rather d Small World or Pirates for a boat ride. We decided not to watch the show and headed to China!

We stopped at a stand on the way and bought 2 parasols in China, one for lla and the other one for my boyfriends daughter. While we were paying I saw a sign that said they would write any name on the umbrella for free in Chinese! So Cool! I got both girls names done. This was a very practical buy as there weren't very many clouds in the sky ad Ella put it right up for some shade.

It was time to find what else a Princess of course! Mulan had about a 15 min wait which wasn't too bad but it was so hot and her line had no shade. If it was any longer we would have probably had to tap out.

While we were waiting Ella drew a picture of her and Mulan together and told me she was going to show it to her when we got up there. Mulan was awesome! She loved the drawing and showed it off to everyone in line.

Ella was so proud she couldn't stop smiling :hyper:

We got ton of pictures of them together, hugs all around and then we decided t go check out the AC, I mean the exhibit inside.

I sat on a bench while my mom went to check everything out. Ella laid down beside me and took a quick cat nap for about 15 minutes. By the time she as done I think my mom had used a whole memory card taking pictures in there. It's a really cool exhibit and if I wasn't melting I would have loved to go look around a bit more.

Germany was next!

I decided it was time to get a snack and there was only one place I wanted to go! Caramel Kuche! OMG this place is amazing! :goodvibes I wanted to use all of our snack credits here. If I knew I could keep everything from melting I would have no joke! The shop is pretty small so the smell of caramel everywhere was amazing. :worship:

After a lot of internal debate I ordered the milk chocolate covered caramel with sea salt. Ella got some caramel popcorn and my mom ordered the milk chocolate covered pecans with caramel.

We got a couple of sodas too and went to find a seat. We sat in front of the fountain to eat and were quickly joined by an overly friendly duck. Have you ever thought of how lucky the birds are in Disney! I would love to be a Disney Duck and be there every day!

We finished quickly as my chocolate was melting fast (boy was it good) and watched the duck swimming in the fountain. We popped into the toy store but came out empty handed. We took a few pictures by the trains before going to our next destination. Who was the lucky girl who would be graced with our presence next?

Last edited:
You aint never had a friend like me- Genie

According to our times guide we had about 20 minutes to get to Morocco. We headed straight there with a quick pit stop to watch some drummers in Japan. (We would be coming back here later).

We found a bit of shade and watched the last 5 minutes of the show which was really cool! They had quite a crowd too.

Jasmine's line was pretty easy to spot as it was so long! We hopped in the back and waited for a few minutes. I thought the meet would be outside but they opened up a building and everyone crowded in. This was about a 35 minute wait. Didn't seem too bad, we had a group of cheerleaders ahead of us who kept us fairly entertained.

There were about ten of them that went right before us and after they each took a photo and a group photo they broke into song! We'd heard them talking about it and apparently they had been practicing for weeks. They were great! They even did a few choreographed dance moves to it too. :banana: Everyone in line clapped as they made their way out the door.

Now we had to follow that. Talk about pressure! Ella asked her where Aladdin was and Jasmine told her he was outside looking for Abu as that sneaky monkey had run off. She had to keep her eye out for them and let her know if she saw them since Aladdin had promised to take her on a magic carpet ride.

We didn't really spend enough time in Morocco and that was the furthest we went in World Showcase. I will have 2 days in Epcot next time!

We headed back the way we came at this point because it was time for my mom to get her Birthday and Mother's day present. We swung back over to Japan and found the pick a pearl! I told my mom that I'd read the uglier the oyster the better the pearl would be. She had Ella help her pick one and they both stood at the front to do the oyster opening ceremony.

My mom ended up picking a beautiful 7.2 pearl and she will be picking her setting soon online so I can get it for her. She was so surprised! (Best daughter right here ladies and gentlemen!)

Ella was fascinated by this and loved the counting part so I thought what the heck I'd let her d one too, they're only about $20 with tax. Ella picked out her oyster, counted down in Japanese and voila! A pink 7.2 pearl! That I proceeded to lose somewhere after we got home. (Worst mom right here ladies and gentlemen!) However she hasn't asked about it at all so I may be in the clear but I'm still upset about it. :worried:

Ella and I decided to go outside and wait for my mom while she shopped. We watched another drum show and Ella played a bit in the rain since it started to drizzle. It only rained a little bit but it was enough to cool it down which was awesome! My mom came out about 40 min later with a lighter wallet and some Japanese dolls in tow.

Ella was getting hangry :furious: by this point. You know the time when you're angry and hungry? She could have been Betty White in that Snickers commercial. No plans had been made for dinner but I know you can't go wrong with nachos so we started the trek back to Mexico.

We stopped to take a few pictures along the way and grab a gelato from the cart in Italy cause it's Disney and we can eat dessert before dinner right! I wish we had more time to explore here. It's my dream t go to Italy and Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast I think it's just beautiful and I'm obsessed!

While we were enjoying our treat we noticed a bridal party waiting for their dinner reservation to be called. The bride :bride: walked over and knelt down by Ella and told her she was the prettiest princess she'd ever seen and she would love it if she could take a picture with her. Ella was ecstatic! She shoved her gelato at me and skipped over to the other side of the fountain with the bride. I was getting hungry and tired myself so I lacked in my photo taking duty and have no pictures of this meeting. :(

They took a few pictures together and one with all the bridesmaids and groomsmen. The bride gave her a big kiss on the cheek that left lipstick and sent her back over to me. She was so excited that the bride thought she was a real princess. :lovestruc She told me after we were finishing up that she wanted to tell her goodbye.

We walked over to where they were waiting and Ella gave her a hug and stuck her autograph book and pen out and said "you're just as pretty of a princess as I am, can I have your autograph!" The bride happily took her book and signed it. Thanked us again and when Ella wasn't paying attention and skipping around she told me that she used to work in the Magic Kingdom as Cinderella (I could totally see this) and that due to school she only works the summer months now and really misses the interaction with the kids. It was a pretty special moment :)

So after half dragging Ella around the world the last 10 minutes of our walk we finally make it to our destination! We had the Disney Dining plan so we decided to share some food. We got two plates of nachos, two sodas and two churros with caramel sauce at the counter service place with outdoor seating (can't remember the name off the top of my head).

This was good, I asked for extra tomatoes and they piled a heap on which was awesome! These were absolutely huge! Like a whole bag of chips in one order. We all could have eaten one. Lesson learned for next time.

Now with full bellies we had to decide what to do. We could stay for Illuminations or try and ride Test Track again and Soarin for the first time. We left it up to the littlest member of our party and rides it was!

Test Track had a 60 min wait still so we moseyed on over to Soarin. It had a wait of 30 min so we headed into The Land Pavilion. We hadn't made it here earlier and we took a few minutes to figure out where we needed to go.

The wait was definitely all of the 30 minutes and our group was called inside. I stuffed my flip flops in my bag and we were in the air in no time! This ride is so cool! It's one of my favorites now.

By this time it was about 8:30 pm and we really wanted to beat the crowd that had stayed for Illuminations out of the park so we headed to the bus stop.

We took a few night time pictures and played with the illuminated sidewalk for a few minutes and bid goodbye to Epcot. I could have spent our whole trip here. I can't wait to go back.

The ride to the hotel was pretty uneventful and when we got back to our room we found this cute little thing on our dresser!

We were all in bed asleep by 11:00 pm to get ready for a wild adventure tomorrow!

Last edited:
Day 3

I'll live here in the jungle all my life- Mowgli

We are up bright and early as we were really looking forward to having breakfast at Tusker House! I've been looking forward to this meal almost as much as our dinner that was scheduled for tonight at our first and only signature restaurant. We got dressed quickly, watched a few old Mickey cartoons and boarded the bus to Animal Kingdom!:cool1:

Our bus driver was awesome! He was full of fun and interesting facts all the way to the park such as the ears on the Hollywood Studios water tower and the tallest tree in all of Animal Kingdom coming out of nowhere. He was the only driver we had all week that actually talked to the passengers. He made a game out of what bus stop we needed when we headed back to the hotel too and Ella remembered the stop all day.

I know a lot of people only spend a half day at the park but it was everyone's first time here (it wasn't open the last time I was in Disney) so we decided to stay the whole day and I'm glad we did. We were running a tad late so we power walked through the park but of course we had to stop and take a few pictures of The Tree of Life and some flamingos that were just waking up for the day.

xVyQDOdl.jpg

WstGObcl.jpg

y1imJyil.jpg

RtfL71Gl.jpg

Our reservation was for 8:15 am (park open that day was 9am) and we checked in right at 8:20am. I'd heard Donald was no longer taking pictures out front starting about a week before this and that is exactly what we found. We had our picture taken just the three of us and headed inside.

a4fx9K4l.jpg

The restaurant looks like an African market place which is really neat. definitely didn't take enough photos of this place. (I blame it on the good food holding my attention) The food is in one room and the dining is in another. We didn't see any characters when they seated us so we figured we had a few minutes to get some food before our new friends came to visit us.

2hSVuEQl.jpg

XtSM28dl.jpg

While we were being seated we kept an eye out for the family we had met at Akershus since they were supposed to be there at the same time too but no luck so far. The waiter was fantastic and kept the Jungle Juice flowing! This stuff is amazing, I wish I had a big glass of it right now. I went and grabbed Ella a plate of eggs, doughnuts, bacon and a Mickey waffle with some syrup and some grapes. My mom went next and sampled the cheese frittata, bacon, waffles and some other type of pastries.

The characters appeared before I got my plate and did a parade! They asked all the kids to follow the nearest character and they gave a few children some African instruments to play while they marched around the building. Ella got some maracas and pranced after Daisy. This was really cute and all the kids seemed to have a great time! When Ella got back to the table we realized the newly befriended family from the day before was at the table next to us! The girls were ecstatic and it was very hard for them to eat from this point on :rotfl:

9I7BmMcl.jpg

6vNFtlul.jpg

I jumped up to get some breakfast now and I tried to sample a selection from every section (gotta get my $$ worth is what I kept telling myself) I had a piece of frittata, bacon, eggs, mickey waffle, chocolate croissant, some kind of hash and a few pieces of fruit. Everything we all ate we agreed was really good and we will be back for breakfast the next time we are in Disney!

The characters started coming around now, nothing really stands out here. They were good, posed, gave hugs, took pictures. Daisy was first, followed by Donald, Mickey and our newly minted favorite Goofy! He was really the only interaction we had at this meal that was memorable. Ella drew a picture for him in her autograph book of Goofy and her holding hands. He pretended to be bashful and then held out his hand and twirled her around into their first picture pose. They also had one silly pose before he moved on. Even though the characters were short and sweet we really liked our meal here.

GLA78UDl.jpg

h44zwaZl.jpg

mXLmS9Kl.jpg

D0KbCz9l.jpg

LNvJLzYl.jpg

The two girls were deep in conversation at this point and I took the opportunity to get the other family's email address and we can't wait to have a face time date with them! We said our goodbyes as this was their last Disney day. Hugs were given and promises to fly around the country. I think this is a great opportunity for Ella to have a penpal across the US that she can write to as they get older. :goodvibes

Last edited:
Hakuna Matata what a wonderful phrase-Pumba

We left Tusker House about 9:15 am just as people were starting to trickle into the area of the park we were already in. I'd heard the best time to go on the safari was in the morning so we decided to do this first! We had about a 3 minute wait and boarded our jeep. We refrained from dancing even though it was really hard not to do and headed out on our two week adventure!

TOSLuqOl.jpg

G5185oBl.jpg

I won't inundate you with pictures as I'm sure you've seen plenty but I wanted to include a few. We saw a lot of animals! It wasn't too hot yet and I think it was the perfect time to go.

0F8qgN2l.jpg

xN0X9p7l.jpg

SFBB1XJl.jpg

z2oWxfjl.jpg

tZk8ZRBl.jpg

ejmViTvl.jpg

eqMHZF8l.jpg

The giraffes were super close to the road as you can clearly see and the tour guide happened to mention that the hippos were "having some fun" with their early morning pool time. Thankfully for all of us they were pretty much submerged if you get my drift so the kids didn't get an eyeful! After getting across a rickety bridge and saving the animals from poachers we made it back safely.

I'd been gently nudging Ella the last two days to use some of her Disney gift card if she saw something that she liked and she hadn't used a dime of it yet to my surprise. She had $75 of allowance that she had earned over the last year and it obviously was burning a hole in my pocket! We stopped at a cart near the exit to the safari and there it was! Pluto in a safari hat! It was love at first sight. Ella hadn't had any interaction with Pluto and hadn't seen him in many cartoons except for the older ones in the hotel room where he was featured but she had to have him. He is a main feature in many of our pictures from here on out and in future days. He now has a permanent place in her arms every night at bed time. :)

HeJ6idOl.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think this water's sanitary?- Tantor

We didn't have any real plans until our next fast pass so we decided to head down the Pengani Forrest Trail to see more animals! We checked out the birds and the fish, viewed some hippos that you could see underwater as well which was pretty cool. I was chatting with a cm when I mentioned our encounter with the hippos on the safari and he laughed and said they're like 2 ton rabbits! They've had to separate them as when they first opened the exhibit they didn't do that and had lots of baby hippos all over the place!

NDVU2vBl.jpg

uU8ICO3l.jpg

The gorillas were next. It was getting a tad warm so they weren't very active.

e1kj88Nl.jpg

We saw one of the silver backs and he just sat there like a statue, not moving or blinking just watching "observing" as I called it.

qskz0Brl.jpg

My mom was itching to go shopping so Ella and I camped out to watch the drummers while she browsed through some stores.

After about 15 min of waiting the drummers came out. They were so much fun! After their introductions the one with the whistle did a demonstration. Ella was clapping and jumping up and down with the music. She was the first person he grabbed out of the crowd. You would've thought she was a movie star! She curtseyed and took to the stage :yay:

jz88hy7l.jpg

She followed along fairly well but finally gave up and did her own thing. She's been in dance class for the last 3 years and loves watching lyrical and making up her own moves so that is exactly what she did. She soaked it all in and was beaming when everyone gave her a round of applause. We stuck around for most of the show and finally wondered into the store to grab my mom. She found a few gifts for people and it was tie to go on a trip to Asia!

ZbsgN48l.jpg

A stop at the photo pass photographer was in order at this point for a few tree of life pictures.

dGjzuyGl.jpg

OV8jdr0l.jpg

zULohlGl.jpg

Animal Kingdom is so amazingly themed. I really love this park. We stopped at a cart across from Yak and Yeti and grabbed the first Mickey Bar of our trip! And of course we had to have a posing session with it! :thumbsup2

4tzk5lMl.jpg

jwIgzv2l.jpg

These taste way better than normal ice cream bars, maybe it's just the Disney magic!

We sat for a bit and just people watched looking at the beautiful scenery. The cart had a few tables you could sit at which was nice. We cleaned up our area and headed to our next destination to use our first fp+ of the day! There was a nice viewing area of Everest where we took a few photo pass pictures (I apologize but the pictures didn't turn out too great so they are not included) I wanted to have Ella watch the ride a few times before she went on it. She has no fear. She was so excited ride it! I had told her about the Yeti and that it went high and fast but she wouldn't be swayed. We got in line right at our fp+ time and got a seat right in the middle.

Wwfl0wyl.jpg

So.... this ride did not go over well. I really enjoyed the ride as did my mom but the movie part scared Ella and she HATED that it went backwards. I hadn't told her about that part. Whoops! She clung to me and screamed for dear life and screamed louder than anything I've ever heard in all her 6 years. Needless to say she was extremely happy when this was over. We hung out in the shop for a bit to calm he down afterwards and grabbed a soda.

Something relaxing would be the best thing to do at this point we decided and I really wanted to see Nemo

yjOCHJ6l.jpg

(Lion King would have been my first choice but it was closed) so we got in the standby line which wasn't too long and got a spot on the aisle in the bubble zone!

KJXUOkrl.jpg

This show is super cute (and bonus it's got air conditioning!:cool2:) if you have smaller kids make sure you get in the front but not too close to the stage.

OHyWAsUl.jpg

1PJO85wl.jpg

The bubbles falling from the ceiling were a nice touch!

cd1Vlz8l.jpg

There was an older lady and her husband sitting beside us and she mentioned that she loves to go to Disney even though their kids are grown and she's retired. She said she loves to see how happy the children are and watch them experience Disney at it's most magical time.

With Nemo found safe and sound it was fp+ time again! I had forgotten to pack extra clothes for me so I sat this next one out, can you guess what it was? After a quick stop to learn some Baliwood moves, Kali River Rapids was up next!

dXljGZpl.jpg

Ella was excited about possibly getting drenched and my mom was all for taking her while I stayed high and dry. I wondered over to the bridge where people were coming out. It's crazy that half of the people were soaked and the others didn't have a drop of water on them! :confused3

DAzNHxEl.jpg

It took a good 20 minutes before I spotted my two explorers coming down the rapids and they were dry! I took a few picture and waited for them to come out. Their verdict? They loved it! I'm kind of sad I didn't get to go this trip, lack of extra clothing should not have kept me from it as it was pretty hot at this point and I would have dried off pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Tut tut it looks like rain- Winnie the Pooh

We were starving by this point and it was about 2:45pm so we decided to have a light lunch. I had my heart set on trying Flame Tree but no one else wanted it so I sulked after them and we ended up at Pizzafari. We split two meals. My mom got the pizza and the ceasar salad and I got the hot Italian sandwich with chips and a drink. The sandwich had a pesto spread on it that was really good. This was much better than the pizza which was probably my least favorite we had on the trip. The restaurant however is a nice place to cool off and it's huge!

We leisurely ate and plotted our next move. I broke out our times guide and decided that we'd watch the Jammin Jungle Parade and then try and find Pocahontas. We got out of Pizzafari about 10 min before the parade was set to come by and we noticed a spot right outside the gift shop next to the restaurant that had a ledge you could sit on right at a corner that was empty! pixiedust: I snagged it and we waited. Ella and I played peek a boo with her Pluto stuffy and soon we were hearing the faint sound of music

Let me tell you I thought the spot we were sitting at was good but after watching the parade it was THE BEST pot (well I thin so anyway)

eI1Tx0ul.jpg

K1AhKIol.jpg

The characters were super interactive and I loved the simplicity of some of the "animals" in the parade. I was so sad when I heard it was discontinued. I thought it was a good addition to the park. It started to sprinkle a bit while we were watching but we didn't even break out the ponchos. It was however a sign of things to come.

sB3VPGQl.jpg

m1f9vdwl.jpg

gLD4XmMl.jpg

Pluto was in this parade and a cm that had walked by told her to make sure Pluto saw it. She tried and tried to get his attention but he was dong a choreographed part of the dance and missed seeing her. I promised her we'd track him down before the day was over. She agreed and it was time to go on a hunt for our next Princess! :cutie:

Pocahontas is a fairly hard character to find. Her meet and greet area is not marked and it's on a small trail that run by the tree of life. We got there about 20 min after the parade stopped and joined another family in line. A cm showed up a few minutes late (the meet and greet is by the parrots on he trail if you're looking) an told us the line formed on the other side so we moved.

Pocahontas came out not too long after and we were meeting her in no time!

Ub8CdeTl.jpg

She was a very interactive character. Ella told her she liked he tattoo (I have a few so she's always noticing them on other people) and Pocahontas told her the story about how she got it and that she was the only one in the village to have that particular one.

Hf83rLAl.jpg

They chatted abut necklaces and non living relatives... yes... Ella insisted on asking her about her mother that had died. I had definitely tried to talk her out of this, didn't think it was the most appropriate question to ask a character in Disney but she was extremely curious. She took it in stride though and told Ella that she missed her mother a lot but she was always with her when the wind was blowing. Then she paused and smiled and felt the wind. Very dramatic but a very good meet! Ella loved her!

2ShAS2wl.jpg

We wanted to check out Dinoland USA as we were planning on staying until about 5pm. We got in line for Triceratops Spin and the sky turned a very dark shade of gray. h speaker system for the ride kept announcing that the ride could close at anytime due to lightning in the area so we decided we'd do this ride and head back to the hotel to get ready for dinner.

I call this ride prehistoric Dumbo!

vabWgzbl.jpg

We waited in line for about 5 min and it was our turn. The storm held off and we were able to finish our ride. While we were up high spotted who else but Pluto!! He was with Goofy doing a meet an greet in an area that looked like a bus stop. I convinced my mom that we had to go over there. After we missed him earlier Ella really wanted to see him and show him that she had a stuffed him!

We got in line but there were about 15 families ahead of us. The cm told me that if the lightning got bad enough we would all have to leave. We got about 7 families from the meet when they were pulled away. Darnit! Missed Pluto again. I did take a picture of him signing someone else's book just in case we didn't see him again this week. By this time it was 4:30 and the sky was looking worse so we high tailed it out of there!

We hit the front gate when the sky opened up. Everyone started running for the busses and we made it just in time to get on the first one. Now we live in Nebraska and I've seen some storms but the rain in Florida is insane! It was like a waterfall! My mom and myself took a few minutes at the bus stop once we got to POR to situate our ponchos (which I had packed religiously every day even though I hoped we didn't need them) and then put on Ella's and trekked to our room. The ponchos did an ok job but when a bucket is being poured on you every step you take they only do so much.

Next up dinner! (And probably the worst experience of our vacation) stay tuned..

Last edited:
Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them- Marie

This is the part of the trip report I have been absolutely dreading writing. Our plan was to change and catch a bus to the Magic Kingdom and ride the monorail to the Grand Floridian to get to Narcoosee's by 7:45pm. We dried off a bit and changed our clothes but the rain never let up. I looked online to see if I could find any info on if the monorail ran in inclement weather but I couldn't find anything. My mom made the decision that we'd take a taxi that way we could hold off walking to the hotel as long as possible and hopefully the rain would stop or at least slow down a little bit.

I was so looking forward to this meal for months. I'd been scrutinizing the menu and keeping up with the changes. I'd booked and rebooked the times so we'd have a perfectly meal topped off with fireworks! I had planned to do an in depth ding review with pictures and I didn't even take one. And now I present to you my very biased review of Narcossee.

RNoqAYkl.jpg

The cab driver to the Grand Floridian was very nice and efficient. With a tip it cost us about $15 to get there from POR. By the time we got there the rain had stopped and we went inside to change Ella's dress as I was afraid it would have gotten soaked on our walk from the room to the lobby. She had decided on her Rapunzel dress for the night and she was excited to wear her dress up clothes for dinner. I swear at home I can barely get her to wear actual clothes. She loves her princess dresses.

kvEIBFml.jpg

We checked in at the podium at our reservation time and waited for about 15 min for the buzzer to go off. We were brought to a table with a view of the boat dock and the perfect view of the top of the castle! I just knew wishes was going to be spectacular!

Our waitress came over and introduced herself and offered us drinks. Ella got soda and my mom and I both ordered ice water with lemon. Now I don't know if this was what set the tone for the rest of the evening but we literally didn't see her again for 25 minutes. No bread, no drinks, nothing. The restaurant was fairly busy so I chalked it up to that but she was taking care of everyone else around us extremely well.

Maybe it was just me but all the tables that were getting her attention had alcohol they had ordered. I was just getting up to start looking for someone else when she came by and dropped off the bread and said the chef would be out to talk to my mom about he MSG allergy.

The chef came over with a copy of the menu an and started discussing with my mom what she could and could not have. My mom has an allergy to a few preservatives that are commonly used in food, synthetic MSG, BHT and BHA. The chef said he was familiar with MSG and BHT but had never heard of GHB. Thankfully for us since GHB is the date rape drug and I'd hate to find it in my food.

She told him she was planning on ordering the steak and he told her he thought the sauce had MSG so he would leave it off for her. He waived over the server and 30 min after we sat down our order was taken.

I had thought I knew the dining plan fairly well and we were on the DDP. My understanding was we got an appetizer but I was informed that was wrong so there went my dreams of the lobster chowder. :( I asked the waitress if the lobster tail was on the plan when you ordered the steak. She then pushed her glasses up to he head sighed and said "unfortunately yes it is" I thought I misheard her. Did she really say that! I quickly ordered the filet and the lobster tail. My mom ordered the same minus the sauce and asked for a side of sautéed mushrooms. I ordered the kids fillet for Ella with fruit as an appetizer. It could only go up from here right?

Last edited:
Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them- Marie Part 2

Part 2 of our dinner at Narcoossees.

JHSZllO.jpg

We left off having just put our order in after being in the restaurant for 30 minutes already. The waitress rushed by our table and came back with a fantastic looking dessert for the table behind us with a candle in it and sang happy birthday to the one of the guests. I was super excited about this as I had noted my mom's birthday on our reservation and made sure she had worn her birthday button.

On her way back to the kitchen the server asked my mom if she knew that mushrooms were full of MSG. Her son was taking a course in college where he was studying it and she just wanted to make sure that she still wanted them. Normally I'd just take this as someone trying to look out for her but the tone of voice she had was just so condescending. Why would we make up an allergy which is what it came across as. We reassured her that it was just synthetic MSG. By this point it was 9pm. 1 hour since we'd been there and the lights went down.

Yes, we were there for an hour an so far just bread and water (no refills of course) We had an amazing view of wishes and I loved that you could hear the music! What I did not love however was that our meals were delivered half way through wishes in the dark so we couldn't see or cut into our steaks.

By now it's 9:25pm and we haven't gotten a chance to touch our food. My potatoes are cold, my mom didn't get potatoes they substituted them for her mushrooms which we specifically told her we'd pay extra for and as I started to cut Ella's steak for her it was so rare it should have been mooing. I called over the first person on the staff I saw and sent her steak back. At this point she started sobbing she was tired and hungry and just fed up. I gave her most of my steak and figured I'd just eat hers when it came back.

Ella's plate came back 15 min later by that time she was done eating and laying with her head on my lap. It was pretty fatty and not seasoned that well but I wasn't going to send anything else back.

Time was 10:15 and our dinner plates had been cleared and the dessert menu was handed to us. Mom had expressed her interest in trying the almond crusted cheesecake and I wanted that too but we decided to try something different and share. I got the lemon crème brule, I'd never tried a crème brule before and Ella ordered plain ice cream. I'm sure she would have much rather gone to bed instead but I was doing what I could to try and salvage the rest of the night and I thought some sugar would pic her up a bit.

The desserts didn't take long to come out but my mom was given a plain bowl of ice cream with a non lit candle in it. The server told her that she couldn't guarantee anything on the menu was safe for her and this is all they could give her and she would be taking her chances by eating this as well and walked off and as she did she said over her shoulder "Oh Happy birthday by the way".

I ate two bites of my dessert which was the best tasting part of the meal but I had absolutely no appetite and I couldn't enjoy anything anymore. I asked for the bill which was over $200, signed it and we headed up front.

I was in tears at this point. This was supposed to be our one chance to maybe ever have a dining experience in a place like this. We can't eat at places like this in the real world. I felt like a third rate customer at this place. I sent my mom and Ella outside on the dock and asked the hostess to talk to the manager.

I laid it all out for the manager when she came to speak to me. Every detail from the unfortunately on the lobster tail to the steaks, to the allergy problem and everything else. I told her we would not be leaving a tip as I'd had better service at Applebee's or the Olive Garden. I was actually crying by this point. I informed her I'd never be back and we'd tell everyone to avoid this place if possible. I understand that people have off days but the service we received here was absolutely the worst I'd ever had and felt like a personal attack on my family for some unknown reason.

She thanked me but didn't say much else before wishing us a better rest of our vacation. Ella was so tired now and it was much later then we had planned being out tonight so we decided to take the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom since we hadn't gotten a chance to ride it yet. Ella thought that was cool and she even got a sticker to put on her dress. The rest of the ride back was uneventful. We hopped on a bus and went back to our room. It was our rest day tomorrow and after tonight we needed it. :scared:

Last edited:
Day 4

Just keep swimming- Dory

Day 4 finds our adventurers with our day of rest! (Is there such a thing in Disney?) We were up and at em at 9:30 am and decided to eat a nice breakfast at the Riverside Mill food court to use up some qs credits. My mom and I opted for the Mickey waffles with eggs and sausage. We each grabbed an orange juice as well.

Ella went with the biscuits and gravy which was an odd choice for her. She ate about half though and most of my sausage. Breakfast was good and it was a quick close option for us this day. The original plan had been Kona Café. I had been obsessed with the macadamia nut pancakes for months but we ended up cancelling it since we wanted a relaxed morning after last night.

We headed back to the room to change into our swimsuits and walked back to the main pool.

We were excited to try out the pool with the waterslide! When we had been picking out hotels we had first narrowed it down to CBR and AOA. We showed Ella pictures of each resort and she as all about The Little Mermaid Rooms until she saw the slide at CBR. She loves swimming and water slides she's my little guppy :)

After we booked CBR I ran across a deal that would give us POR for a total of $14 yes $14 more for our whole trip and the rooms have queen beds and a water slide! Bonus!

Before we got there we had to take pictures of the little lizards that were all over the place! Ella thought they were so funny. She's only ever seen things like that in zoos.

PnE8xWyl.jpg

When we got to the pool it was a tad overcast, not too hot and the pool was not crowded at all!

yIttzwVl.jpg

We quickly chose a couple of lounge chairs for our things and hopped in! We swam for about a half an hour until Ella convinced us it was time to go down the water slide. Which she did over and over and over! I think I counted about 15 or 16 times. Not to be outdone my mother went down pretty much every time right after her!

KtsX7g9l.jpg

I sat this one out and opted to do the catching of the child at the bottom of the slide and take a few pictures.

4VUne6i.jpg

After 2 hours of swimming I'd had all I could take and went and laid on the lounge chair and checked emails/made some phone calls. My mom and Ella weren't too far behind me and we decided it was time to go back to the room. I promised Ella that we'd come back later in the evening if the weather held out.

eS7kSf0l.jpg

Back in the room we all quickly showered and got dressed to head to Downtown Disney!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter