It Only Took 5 Months to Finish Trip Report - November 10-26, 2010

mariezp

DIS Veteran
I guess I have used the holidays and sickness as a good excuse long enough to postpone working on my trip report thus the long awaited status. Now that they are both behind us I suppose it is time to finally get in gear. Getting motivated has never been easy. For starters, I am a professional procrastinator. However, I am going to keep taking looks at some of the trip reports that are currently in progress around here and see if I can shame myself into getting mine done! We’ll see how that goes! So now…. where to start? Just how to begin? Another of those problems that I can dream up to further delay, right? Nope!… enough of that nonsense! Let’s get this report rolling!

This year’s trip marked our 10th annual Disney trip! I would love to be able to say that it was our 10th Disneyland trip but for various reasons we took a hiatus last year and vacationed at DisneyWorld instead. (check the link out in my siggie!) That excursion was most likely a once in a lifetime trip for us. Our goal at the time was to try the park on the opposite coast for comparison and to spend some time with some friends who live in Florida while we were there. The trip was okay but not quite all that we had hoped for. Actually, it really ended up confirming exactly what I had expected all along. Our hearts belong to Disneyland and from here on out we will be sticking to the west coast. Anyway, after having missed making it to our favorite park in 2009 we have now thrown the whole darn trip count all out of whack! Now I have to settle with saying that this was only our long awaited 9th annual trip to Disneyland. So you see having to skip a year to see our beloved Disneyland explains the second long awaited part of my title.... and also will give us a good reason to make it back in 2011.

Anyhoo…… usually, as soon as we make it back home from our trip I am ready to start planning again for the next year. 2010 was looking a bit different because like many others our finances have been affected by the bad economy. I wasn’t even sure if we were going to get to make a trip at all so I sadly held off making too many definite plans. Still, in the back of my mind I fully intended to find some way to make it happen so I did go ahead and make reservations in January at Anaheim Desert Inn…. just in case. Finally in April we talked more indepth and decided we would indeed plan to take our annual trip to Disneyland. Hot dog! The trip was on! Let the planning begin! :woohoo:

I purchased our annual passes in July so I could beat the price increase. Airline tickets in August. The original dates we chose were Nov. 10-23 but when my DH informed me that we should have Thanksgiving Day in the park I did not hesitate and quickly made the necessary adjustments. Needless to say there was a bit of a price increase but I was determined that I would not miss this opportunity no matter the extra cost. A Thanksgiving Day meal in the park and none of the in-laws! Doesn’t get any better than that!

We started the November Diser thread in June so I had a plethora of travelers to plan and talk Disney with while waiting for November to arrive. We ended up with 114 different DIsers on that thread. And, November came in no time!

Anyway, enough small talk. Let’s get some action going on in this report!
Here’s the cast:

Me- The ringleader/amateur travel agent/devoted Disney nut
M-1.jpg
marie2.gif

DH-My enabler/DS’s usual park buddy/old softie when it comes to Disneyland
D-1.jpg
581ed65a.gif

DS-My fellow enthusiast on this particular trip/thrill rider of the bunch/Cold Stone Creamery and turkey leg addict
B-1-1.jpg
tas.gif

DD-My precious little shadow/my usual park buddy/smiling face in the majority of my photos
E-1.jpg
1sm090spinbop.gif

Day 1, November 10, 2010

So our first day FINALLY arrived! Having gone to WDW last year we were really missing our favorite park so the household has been filled with an abundance of overexcited anticipation…. Well, all except Emma who has been saying all week that she just doesn’t know why she wasn’t all excited about our trip this year. This morning her tune finally changed and she is as giddy as the rest of us.

Anyway, hustle and bustle all morning long. Got everything done, luggage loaded and we are off about 20 minutes ahead of schedule to drop off the dog at the kennel, stop off for gas and head to the bank drive through. We made it to the airport, dropped the car off at long term parking, checked the baggage, grabbed a Subway sandwich and made a last minute potty run with just a few minutes to spare before it was time to board the plane. I guess even though I have always wondered if allowing 3 hours was a bit excessive it ain’t such a bad idea after all!

We hit a slight amount of turbulence in the first part of our trip but it calmed down after we had gained altitude. The most important thing is that we had a smooth landing. And guess what? I did it all this year for the first time without any Dramamine! It was also the first time I did not end up sitting next to someone who was wheezing and coughing. All in all a good flight!

Safe at the airport, we grabbed our bags and a cab. Our driver this year was from Kenya, Africa. I’ve personally never met anyone from that far away. It made for some very good conversation. Before we knew it we were arriving at the Anaheim Desert Inn which would be our home away from home for the next 2 weeks. After a brief moment of panic, our reservation were finally located and we headed to our room. We got our bags unpacked and rested briefly.

Upon arrival the weather in California was perfect! As usual, it was a little nippier in the evening. I didn’t bring a big coat so I was hoping that it doesn’t end up getting much cooler. I did bring a couple long sleeve shirts so it looks like I might be wearing layers if necessary.

We decided to head out to find a bite to eat. We went to Mimi’s and ended up having the best quiche I have ever had! We also had our first seasonal treat, pumpkin spice loaf, which was oh so good. I had a $10 off coupon, which was enough to cover the tip, so our trip was off to a nice start with good food and a bargain. I might add that I also wanted to walk down towards Hojo’s just to get an idea of just how far it is just in case we ever need alternate place to stay. I think it is a little further than I would like to walk at the end of the day but certainly doable if they end up offering a deal too good to pass up.

We had skipped dessert at Mimi’s so on the way back we stopped in at Cold Stone Creamery. We left our tip. Heard our song and gathered our yummy ice cream and headed back to the room for the evening. Everyone was pretty tired and I did not sleep well the night before… especially since my DD found a scorpion in the bathroom…. So we settled in for a hopefully restful night so we would be fully charged and ready to go for our first day in the park in the morning.

Day 2, November 11, 2010

After a rough night of sleep because my DD kept waking me up I still managed to wake up ready to go to the park. First days are just that way! Since it was our first day and I wanted us to all enter the park together I patiently waited for the guys to wake up. Thankfully, they did not sleep all day. We actually made it to the turnstiles about 9:30 which is good for us because we are definitely not park opening sort of people. We stopped at the little gift area just before you enter the tunnel on the left to pick up a disposable camera for my son since he had decided he would jump right in and be taking pictures this trip too. Next, we headed though the magical tunnel and were transported into the Happiest Place on Earth. It was wonderful!!! So great to be back!

We made our way down Main Street and stopped in at the Market House for coffee, cappuccinos and our first sweet treat inside the park, gingerbread cookies! Yummo! I’ve never really cared for gingerbread all that much but I do have to say that Disneyland makes the best! And, just so you will know the chocolate dipped ears are the very best part! A drink in one hand, a cookie in the other we headed on down to the annual pass center to get our mug shots….err…. I mean photos taken and passes processed. What a wonderful feeling to be an annual passholder again! :love: My DH loves feeling like a VIP because he has a ticket with his photo on it and not one of those plain old paper tickets. I especially like the idea of knowing that having one of these babies doubles the likelihood that we will make it back again before the year is up.

Ahhh the joy of becoming an AP holder! Just look at their happy little faces!
2825537880102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Now that we had that important step out of the way the next logical thing to do was go ride something! The family voted unanimously to make POTC our first ride since it is pretty much everybody’s favorite and typically our traditional first ride every year. A short wait and we were drifting through that wonderful swamp. The BB was not opened for lunch yet and the area was empty and beautiful. It was also so very quiet for a change which was so cool. All you could hear was the sound of the swamp… crickets chirping, frogs croaking, and that wonderful banjo being played… all so much better than dishes crashing, and the rumbling, mumbling background noise coming from a restaurant full of noisy people. I wished I had snapped a picture but at this point I was too busy soaking up the atmosphere and just so happy to be back at DL so I hadn’t quite gotten in the frame of mind to start whipping the camera out just yet. As a matter of fact, this first ride was all sentimental and I didn’t end up taking a single picture!

Since we were already in the area next we decided on HM, another family favorite. First the guys ran over to Splash and nabbed some FPs and then we hopped in line. The line seemed very long but as it turned out they had not moved the chains in the queue line yet so it wasn’t making all the twist and turns towards the side of the building but went straight in the front door which just made it look like it was backed up. The line here moves amazingly fast so in what seemed like hardly any time we were inside visiting with the happy haunts and singing along with the NBC song. I really like Madame Leota’s new spiffy ornament that she was floating around in. It may have been there last year but it was new to me. I love this ride and always find something new. This year I could really smell that gingerbread!

2138827660102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2214891330102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2608070210102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Next up was Pooh. Usually, if we are on that end of the park DS and DH end up riding Splash. We wanted to take my DS on it because he never gets to ride it. He grew up watching Pooh bear and still enjoys reading the books so it only seemed fitting that we make an effort to get him in there! Wouldn’t you know it! We get there and the line was longer than I have ever seen it! No matter. We are just happy to be here so we wait. Normally I don’t mind waiting at all. Lines are just part of the fun and we always come up with something fun to do like people watch or annoy each other or chit chat while we wait BUT this was one of those rare occasions when we had annoying people in front of us. There was a family who had a little boy who was climbing all over the wall and climbing up in the bushes. He was all over the place trampling stuff and they were just oblivious. Well, not totally. They were snapping pictures because little Johnny or whatever the heck his name was was just so darn cute! Grrrr! Some people just have no respect or concept of how much work goes into trying to keep the park beautiful. It’s a peeve of mine to see people behave like that cause I am just a little protective of our happy place. Anyway, we made it through the line with me biting my tongue the whole way. I eventually pulled out the camera and took pictures to keep myself distracted.
2976920700102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2672044510102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2998348510102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2638894970102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2375102450102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2875689660102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2571472210102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2323001090102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2011960490102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2174960140102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2149123980102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2911196260102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2928080530102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2309495570102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

DS did end up enjoying the ride and I even got the chance to point out the Country Bear tribute to everyone.

Continued……

When we got through the Splash FPs weren’t in effect yet so we decided to grab a bite to eat while we waited. Since the Harbour Galley was right around the corner and we had not been there since they stopped selling McDonald’s fries (boo!) we decided to give the clam chowder a try. Seemed to 3 of us that they had changed the recipe and it just was not as good as it used to be. Too many peppers and the flavor changed. Just guessing that they came up with some new and improved healthier recipe. Bah humbug! :mad: I’d prefer they just leave a few of our favorites alone. Anyhoo….. even though we were disappointed with the food we did at least enjoy the quiet spot we found to sit in behind the building over by the water. When we were through DD and I took the bread bowl tops and fed the ducks off a bridge over by the Hungry Bear while the guys rode on Splash.
2267939090102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2245936860102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2520649990102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2109247800102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Emma shared her bread with 2 boys. They were very nice and polite and even thanked her. One of them accidently dropped a bottle into the water. They were determined to retrieve it. It kept us entertained to watch them as one held on to his brother’s feet as he was precariously hanging upside down over the water. He was successful and managed to nab the bottle and deposit it in a nearby trashcan. A little unorthodox and I am not even sure I would have allowed my own child to do the same thing but I was very proud to see a couple of young men aware enough to care about taking care of their surroundings and not just assuming that someone else would come along to clean up after them. Kuddos to the parents for their parenting skills!
2916745110102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2331888040102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2963651610102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2329710130102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2198386620102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2822827910102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

We had a grocery delivery arriving soon so we needed to head back to our room. We hopped on the train to to save ourselves a few steps and catch a ride back to Main Street. Along the way we spotted the sails above NOS.
2449186610102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

I also pointed out to my family the bullet hole as we headed through the Primeval World. Of course, they were wowed with my vast accumulated knowledge of the park.

We made it back to the Desert Inn and I thought I would check with the front desk to see if our groceries had gotten there early. Glad I decided to drop in because indeed they had delivered them ahead of schedule and had been stored in their breakfast room for me. We loaded the goods on a luggage buggy and made it back to the room. I was annoyed to find that Von’s had goofed. They left off DH’s sausage and biscuits and substituted some nasty chocolate chip muffins for DS’s banana nut muffins. Going to have to think twice before ordering from them again! Thankfully, they did have a capable customer service person who issued a refund for the missing muffins but I was still a bit miffed because they had really screwed up our breakfast plans…. which really was one of the main reasons I had ordered to begin with. After storing the groceries we did receive we hung out in the room and rested awhile.

We headed back to the park about 4:00 to try to catch the Veteran’s Day Flag Retreat Ceremony. It’s one of those things I’ve always intended to see but had just never gotten around to. Unfortunately we really should have gotten back to the park a little earlier because there was already quite a crowd and we were not really able to find a decent spot. We stayed anyway even though we couldn’t really see much but at least we could hear and sing along with the National Anthem. It is now one of the things that I am able to mark off my list.
2432196020102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2276798520102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2597931790102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

My DD is generally pretty cooperative with all my picture taking but….. on occasion even she gets annoyed with me. Actually, she was exaggerating a bit but I fairly sure she was getting a little bored with the waiting. Not quite at an age to really appreciate the ceremony.
2321077960102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Of course, a big brother is even more annoying! Here’s the response he got!
2096145300102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

We decided to make our way over to the info board and check the wait times and to see what time the Hungry Bear closed. DH had requested that we eat there since we had not done so in a very long time. It seldom ever seems to be open when we are there but it was this time so off we went to Critter Country. DS ran and grabbed a turkey leg and met us in the dining area overlooking the ducks. Now I have to say that the burgers they make looks very appealing. However, I have no idea how a burger can be so bland. I added 2 packets of salt and it was still pretty flavorless.

We set out after our meal and headed towards Fantasyland. The plan was that we were going to show the guys around and let them see what it is like to actually ride all the rides. In their usual mode they tend to only ride the “big rides” and never take the time to stand around in the lines for rides such as can be found in FL. We started with a nice long wait in line for Alice. It really wasn’t too bad. The only really memorable thing that happened was that I got clunked in the head by a toddler’s teddy bear. Thankfully, it was a nice soft fluffy fellow.

2564253590102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2976483600102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2551291580102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Anyway, plans do tend to change and in this case after the wait, one ride on Alice and the inability to agree on what to ride next the guys decided to skip the rest of our tour and strike out on their own. DD and I really didn’t mind because we actually probably do accomplish more on our own. It is much easier for the two of us to agree on a course of action and we can go at our own pace. DD wanted to ride the carousel so off we went.
2118108340102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2603787350102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Next was Dumbo. While we were waiting in line DD and I had a long conversation with a local young lady who was there with her young son. She had some other family members off elsewhere in the park. She was telling us that her uncle had proposed in the park a few days earlier. Awwww!
2272641260102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

I tried to catch a picture of Small World as we whizzed around up high but alas I had no luck. This is the best I could do. It probably didn’t help that DD and I were in giggle mode the whole time. I do love catching a glimpse of the lovely twinkly lights from a lofty pachyderm! Everything else looks really pretty from up there too!
2493109740102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Continued…..

We decided to take a late night ride on Casey Junior. I really wish my DD didn’t enjoy those cages so much! They are slightly cramped for an adult but we did manage to squeeze me in and off we went. Such a pretty ride at night!

We almost decided to ride Peter Pan but as usual the line was long so we drifted around a bit, grabbed some popcorn and stumbled upon some really pretty window displays.
2818269460102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2136941280102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2940297600102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2009127840102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2676241520102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2417018870102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2309500350102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2139322610102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2343479110102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2111826900102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2565035810102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2457053920102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2439008430102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2875137480102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

When I had done my fill of taking pictures we wound up heading towards Adventureland through one of the side roads through the castle.
2757072030102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2750564610102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2347804240102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

We rode the Jungle Cruise and had a pretty good skipper. Then we headed over to the Tiki Room.
2093561180102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2901704440102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2978804550102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2977993340102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Continued…..

I was still wanting to ride Peter Pan so we checked on it and again the line was huge so we passed by and continued on to the Carousel again. This ride I was unfortunate enough to saddle up next to a girl who was seriously wrapped up in her own little world. She was flipping the leather strap this way and that and smacked me in the back and never even had a clue she had done it. It didn’t really hurt so I didn’t even mention it. Then, as if that wasn’t enough before the ride was over, on the other side of my trusty steed, I got kicked in the shin by a little boy. It just wasn’t my night. Still glad we did cause these ended up being some of my favorite photos of my DD.
2955082390102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2133195570102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Still ever determined to carry on in Fantasyland, we made our way through the crowd and rode the Teacups.
2408849880102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2424552720102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2835778520102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Next was Storybookland. Kids have the best memory! The last time we were in DL was in 2008. On that trip my DD had made up a story about having an invisible hamster. Lo and behold, she brought him again. And, just so you know he did not jump off the boat and into the water this time.
2007150370102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Poor Harold came out such a blur. He must have been turning that popcorn really fast!
2708411210102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

We were starting to get a bit tired so we decided to make Nemo our last ride of the night. I made a quick phone call and the guys came over to join us. I was really glad we thought of it because when we got there we had only about a 3 minute wait. You can’t do that during the day!

On our way out of the park we stopped off at the candy shop and then headed back to the hotel. Poor DD ended up getting a spot rubbed on the inside of her leg. Luckily it didn’t end up turning into a blister before we made it in for the day.

And, just on case anyone remembers my inquiries… DS did find himself a cherry slushie at the Edelweiss Snacks, just across from the Matterhorn. They also sold turkey legs so he was one happy camper! This place came in very handy several times on our trip.

Hi! I really enjoyed the first part of your trip report. We were there the same time as you, well, part of the time. We were there the 11th - 20th. Can't wait to hear if you had as much fun as we did!! I will be looking for myself and my son in your pictures!! :lmao:

Welcome wdwfan22! Glad to see you join me as my first guest! I thought I recognized you from the November thread. Have you recovered from your trip, the holidays and the post Disneyland blues? Will you be doing a trip report? Good to hear you had a good time and, yes, it is always fun to see if you can find yourself in any other DISer photos. I've looked in other reports but haven't found us yet. Stay tuned because I will have lots more for you to look through! Hopefully, I will add some more to this TR in the next day or so.

Happy to be your first guest :cool1: I guess I have recovered. I always have severe Disney withdrawel. But since we bought APS while there, I am hoping to fit in a couple of smaller trips during 2011. Maybe one around May and one in September to see Halloween decorations. So that is helping!!

Did you think it was crowded that first weekend you were there? We talked to some cast members who said it was super crowded. We were there most of the day Thursday, all day Friday and all day Saturday, and by Saturday evening I started getting complete claustrophobia. When we left Saturday evening, the hub and Main Street were completely filled with people waiting to watch the fireworks. I have never seen so many people in one place. It was amazing (and scary, I hate to think what would happen if there was an emergency).

I would like to do a trip report, but for some reason, my computer will not read my memory card from my camera, so now I am at a loss of what to do.:confused3 Me and technology don't always get along, but I will try so you can see if you can find yourself in any of my pics :rotfl2:

Looking forward to more!!!!!

Day 3, November 12, 2010

Thinking to avoid the big Official Christmas Season kickoff crowd we decided to spend the day in California Adventure. I think that everyone else in California must have had the same thought about avoiding Disneyland today. I have never seen CA this crowded! Whatever they are doing to ramp up attendance is definitely working! Of course, it did not help that we didn’t get an early start. We probably arrived about 10:45. Those boys do like to sleep!

2636045700102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2983955460102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2842868530102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2303970490102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2935192720102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Today may just be the death of me! My son is planning to make me finally ride Screamin with him. I’ve promised him every year that I would and every year something has magically come up to prevent the ride from happening. Guess my time has finally run out. As we made it through the turnstiles he was already plotting to make Screamin our first ride. Luck was still on my side for the moment. The line was huge so we grabbed FPs instead.

2904847020102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2461498310102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2713423300102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2814337300102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2980697990102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

We decided we would go ahead and eat and have that out of the way so we grabbed DS a turkey leg and made our way to Pacific Wharf to see what other eats the rest of us could find. DH opted for the Cocina Grill while I decided to give the Lucky Fortune Cookery a try. I really was considering the Thai Coconut Curry but wasn’t brave enough to try it because I thought it might be too spicy so I got the Mandarin Chicken. Turns out is was sorta good but still too spicy for me. DD’S Teriyaki Chicken was much better. When we were done we headed back over to Screamin but realized that the FPs were not good until 3:00. With plenty of time to waste we decided we might as well wait in the hour long TSMM line. We are not willing to do that for many rides but this is one of the exceptions. I just love it even though my score usually isn’t all that great.

2794428390102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2777085460102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2175159800102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2303928830102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2238317360102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Next up was King Triton.

2944947490102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2268896130102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Afterwards everyone but me wanted to take a break back at the hotel so they left and I stayed for awhile by myself. I wandered around and snapped pictures for a short bit. I figured if I did not go back before too long that they would all be rested up and I would be the one still tired so I didn’t stay too long. I also discovered that I was really kinda lost without my family.

2603639000102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2475265630102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2279624030102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2661593860102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2870818820102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2987353470102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2844510250102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2289894010102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Continued...

2639526370102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2122341420102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2524633480102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2958303730102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2403154040102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2337907110102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2474701740102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2001141790102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2768488210102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2582387560102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2016937900102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2899182560102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2626968290102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

This one's for you Sherry!
2726313540102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2048959250102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2329078530102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

2558405080102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

We got rested up and headed back to CA about 6:00. My DS was all ready to go straight to Screamin but we stopped at Soarin first which was okay with me. Not only did I get to stall the inevitable but I got to ride my favorite ride. When we got done there I figured I had held out as long as possible and that I might as well go ahead and get it over with so DH took off in one direction with DD while DS and I got in line with out FPs for Screamin. Obviously, I lived to tell the tell of my first ride. Honestly, it wasn’t nearly as bad as I had worked it up to be in my mind. And to be honest I did at least like the way the seats pin you in securely so you are not sliding around. It was way better than Rockin Roller Coaster! However, I really don’t have that teenage sort of desire for thrill rides so I don’t have any desire to turn around and go do it again anytime soon.

With that out of the way I was ready for something calmer so I took DD on King Triton again. We considered going on TSMM again but as always the line was huge and we just weren’t up for commiting that much time since we had already once earlier in the day. So, DH took off with DS in the direction of GRR while DD and I made a decision to go check out Bugsland.

I understand that a lot of folks never go back to this part of the park because it is mostly for the little kiddos. However, I think the stench that is found in that area is an even better reason to stay away! I have no idea what was giving off such a horrid smell but it smelt nasty in there! We rode Heimlich which Is our favorite. We were in line for Lady Bug Boogie when the guys showed up to join us for our ride. It was a tight fit but everyone was in good humor so we just made the best of it. I do believe it was the giggliest ride we have ever had. Next, we all rode the Tuck n Roll’s Buggies. I didn’t get smashed too many times and I didn’t even catch on fire! When I was young I was always scared to ride any bumper cars because of the sparks! Last we rode Heimlich again, but this time with the boys.

We decided to call it an evening. On the way out we stopped in at the bakery to grab a snack. DH and DS got more gingerbread cookies. I decided to try one of the shortbread snowmen. I should have stuck with the gingerbread as the shortbread was really not that good. We made our way back to our room, called in pizza and watched Pink Panther.

2718180070102182720S600x600Q85.jpg

Happy to be your first guest :cool1: I guess I have recovered. I always have severe Disney withdrawel. But since we bought APS while there, I am hoping to fit in a couple of smaller trips during 2011. Maybe one around May and one in September to see Halloween decorations. So that is helping!!

Did you think it was crowded that first weekend you were there? We talked to some cast members who said it was super crowded. We were there most of the day Thursday, all day Friday and all day Saturday, and by Saturday evening I started getting complete claustrophobia. When we left Saturday evening, the hub and Main Street were completely filled with people waiting to watch the fireworks. I have never seen so many people in one place. It was amazing (and scary, I hate to think what would happen if there was an emergency).

I would like to do a trip report, but for some reason, my computer will not read my memory card from my camera, so now I am at a loss of what to do.:confused3 Me and technology don't always get along, but I will try so you can see if you can find yourself in any of my pics :rotfl2:

Looking forward to more!!!!!
I wanted to get my Day 3 post while I was really rolling and before I got interrupted. Now that I have that done I'd like to respond to your post. So glad that you have managed to find a good way to get over the Disney withdrawals. It sounds to me like planning the next trip is the perfect way to help! Having an AP certainly gives you a good reason to make it back as often as possible!

I don't think I come back especially missing Disneyland immediately. I am sure in my case, I'm not too blue because with out extended trips I am finally just glad to be back home. BUT at the same time I am in some sort of funk. I think it's because at the same time that I am coming down from my Disneyland high I am also thinking about all that we just spent, all that I have spent on Christmas and dreading getting all the taxes paid and wondering if we are going to be able to make it back next year. As much as I love going in the fall it does make for a stressful time. Still, when I suggest taking our trip at a different time of the year, like possibly spring, everyone boos. So I have just got to find some way to resign myself to the fact that since I am not going to willingly give up my trips to Disneyland that the end of the year will just have to be a blur. Packed to the brim with activities and destined to drain our finances! Ho!Ho!Ho!

If we were to go at a different time I agree with you that I would also probably consider May or September. As a matter of fact, there is a distinct possibility that we will be taking our next annual trip in September too.

I think it was crowded most of the time that we were there! :laughing: Definitely, the weekends were the worst. I can't imagine it was very pleasant for you if you are claustophobic. Luckily, I tend to just go with the flow and kinda get caught up in our own little world so unless somebody or something really messes specifically or drastically with my plan do I really let the crowd bother me too much. It does make navigation in the park a lot more hectic and wastes more time spent in line but I am usually just so happy to be there that I can deal with pretty much anything.

I do think that CA was way more packed than I have ever seen it but I also think that has a lot to do with there being so much construction that it has everyone rather hemmed all into smaller areas.

Good luck figuring out how to get your photos off your camera. I am pretty technology challenged myself so I can totally relate! I have a memory card reader that plugs into a USB port that I get my photos from. I have several cameras and it had slots to plug in different size cards. I wonder if you would have any better luck using something like that? It was very inexpensive... under $10 on ebay. Might be worth a try. I would love to see your photos and read a new report!

Marie....its fantastic so far! You're great at taking pics of everything. It really looks so cool there. I'd like to go to Disneyland one day, and now I know who to go to for advice on everything!

Thanks Kitty! I do enjoy taking pictures. Maybe a little too much sometimes BUT that is one of the wonderful things about Disneyland. You never run out of details. Everywhere you look there is something appealing. You just let me know when you start planning and I will be more than happy to help you out in any way I can! Disneyland is definitely one of my favorite subjects! :love:

Love the TR. Very detailed and love the pics.
I so want to go here. Take me next year!!!!

I'm here Marie! Loving your trip report so far. I guess until we can get out West ourselves, I'll have to live vicariously through your trips.

Can't wait to read more.

Hot diggity! My Tker buddies have arrived! D&D, I would be more than happy to take you along next year. Why don't we just turn it into a west coast meet and then all of you can see it first hand? What do you think Jo, Stef, Kitty? In the meantime I will gladly try to show you around. Hopefully, I will get some more posted soon. There's plenty more.....

Ack! Finally made it here! DD would so get in trouble if she were doing what I'm doing...Reading under the covers. It's the only way I could make it to read your TR.

I love the light bulb picture in line at Alice! Wasn't Screamin' great? I jest with you. I talked DD into going on it. She didn't like it so well, either.

Thanks for dropping by Kathy! You really should get back to Disneyland! Just add that to you list of travels, right?
And, Naomi I am glad you found me too.... even though you had to go to such great lengths. tee!hee! I can just picture it! I don't suppose Screamin was all that bad.... ssssh! don't tell my DS I said so. It's much more fun to play it up so he thinks he is torturing me. I think he enjoys it more that way too. :lmao:

I apologize to any potential readers out there for not getting anything new added lately. My trip report has been temporarily been put to a halt by the flu. :sick: Here's hoping I am back sometime next week..... I will be back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter