It is not easy being a Princess but if the shoes fits... Pre-Trip Feb 2022

DisneyMountainWoman

DIS Veteran
Hello and Welcome to my Pre-Trip Report

What/Why:
I am going to Disney and will be running the Fairytale challenge. Have I ever run anything longer than a 10k before I signed up for this? Nope. Am I short and chubby, yep. But here I am going to run, not just 10k but a 1/2 marathon back to back. We normally go to Disneyland or Disneyworld about every other year and since we live in Colorado it is easy to bounce back and forth. But the goal out of this is to get bling, wear cute princess costumes and lose the baby weight that I have never lost after having my son and only Disney will get me to run.

Who: Marcea and Sylvia

I am Marcea the trip planner and obsessed with Disney. I am 30 something year old and a mother to a crazy 4 year old son.

Favorite Restaurant: Raglan Road
Favorite Snack: Mickey Ice Cream Bar
Favorite Drink: France Slushie Martini
Favorite Ride: Space Mountain

Sylvia: She is my mom and coming to cheer my on and have my back while I attempt the impossible...

Favorite restaurant Santa,
Favorite snack dole whip,
Favorite drink dole whip with rum,
Favorite ride mr Toads wild ride

Where: AKL- Jumbo
I am super excited we just bought in to DVC after canceling our disney cruise plans because of Covid and my husband getting some money after game stock craziness. I was able to score AKL 1 bed Club level!! I am soo excited we will be living the life of royals in our club level.

When: Feb 25th -Feb 28th

Thank you to all who joins in. I am really needing a way to get my disney excitement out, my husband does not want to hear about it cause he is staying home with the little one since my son will not be fully vaccinated yet in time for the run. (He will be turning 5 Jan 21st, so we have to wait to start the vaccines till then.) Poor husband and son :(

Attachments

• deluxe-studio-savanna-u2-g00-1600x900.jpg
    deluxe-studio-savanna-u2-g00-1600x900.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: DLo
First Costumes Ideas for the Run

10K: Going full princess with my fav movie Wreck it Ralph with Vanellope Von Sweet princess outfit. I am going full tutu.

So when I order it it I forgot I am losing weight, lol. So it is lose but luckily my mom can sew and will bring in costume before I race.

Half Marathon: So I keep 2nd guessing myself on it. I want a more functional costume for the run and I have a used Frozen shirt and sparkle skirt that I am probably going to wear. But part of me wants another over the top outfit. This pic is not exactly it, but close enough:

I am worried about running longer in tutu but I loooove over the top outfits.

Thoughts?? Should i keep 1/2 marathon outfit simple to make it easier to run in and save money? Or follow my heart and go crazy!

Making the leap to AP!!:jumping1:

So when planning our vacations, we realized we will be going to Disney twice in one year. Once for disney runs and 2nd during Thanksgiving week.

Then after some thinking, I decided after doing Fairytale Challenge I will be the fittest I will ever be... so why not go crazy and do WDW Marathon.

So with three trips planned we are going to an Annual Pass for the first time ever!!!

As DVC member we do have access to the discount pass but sadly they changed the block out days to thanksgiving so we will have to buy the full pass.

Only my mom and me are buying it and I am adding on the photo pass (which is really sucky that it is not included.)

The plan we have bought already a pass to reserve a day during Princess weekend, so we are going to upgrade the day pass when we get there. Then it will be good for all three trip including Jan 2023 marathon run.

Disney Incredi-Pass
Prices do not include Tax (add 6.5% sales tax)
Walt Disney World Annual Incredi-Pass Guest Price (ages 3 and up): $1,299 times 2 for 2 people
  • 1 PhotoPass can be added for an additional $99
I am going to buy all the AP merch for the limited time I can because it will be a long time before I do this again.

Joining in! I'm also running the Fairytale Challenge this Feb! I love your Vanellope outfit! I'm thinking Charlotte La Bouff for the 10k for myself!

I vote pants and a fun tank for the 1/2 because of all the leg rubbing! My first half I wore shorts and I got terrible chaffing because I was trying to drink water while running at the water stops and of course spilled all over myself and the leg rubbing was awfullll, I wore pants for my next half and full and it was much better, the compression of the pants personally really helps my legs in terms of longevity as well.

I'm jealous of your DVC-ness, and AP-ness. We gave up our APs in Aug 2019, I'm still sad about it lol. Can't wait to read along til Feb!

Hi there! I've seen you over in the rundisney forums and remember the adorable vanellope costume - Love It!! I'm excited to see how your races go and feel a little disney planning excitement. I am also doing a solo HM this year (W&D). While my husband is supportive, he's also a little envious that I get a bonus WDW trip without him.
I would also vote tank and bottoms of your choice. I love seeing the crazy costumes but I cannot imagine running a HM in one! Comfort is key for a longer distance. FWIW, I routinely run in 3" running shorts, spill (or maybe dump) water all over myself and try to hit every sprinkler I can during the summer and don't have any chafing issues. You mentioned you haven't run farther than a 10k yet and you still have plenty of time to test the skirt out on a longer training run and see if it works. Some people just seem more prone to chafing than others.

Joining in! I'm also running the Fairytale Challenge this Feb! I love your Vanellope outfit! I'm thinking Charlotte La Bouff for the 10k for myself!

I vote pants and a fun tank for the 1/2 because of all the leg rubbing! My first half I wore shorts and I got terrible chaffing because I was trying to drink water while running at the water stops and of course spilled all over myself and the leg rubbing was awfullll, I wore pants for my next half and full and it was much better, the compression of the pants personally really helps my legs in terms of longevity as well.

I'm jealous of your DVC-ness, and AP-ness. We gave up our APs in Aug 2019, I'm still sad about it lol. Can't wait to read along til Feb!

Yeah for joining in!

Chub rub is real! I so agree, I will be wearing biker shorts or pants no matter the outfits. I so agree.

I am sorry you gave up on AP, I will only have it for one year if it makes you feel any better, since I have to have 3 trips to pay for full price AP and normally we are a one trip family.

Hi there! I've seen you over in the rundisney forums and remember the adorable vanellope costume - Love It!! I'm excited to see how your races go and feel a little disney planning excitement. I am also doing a solo HM this year (W&D). While my husband is supportive, he's also a little envious that I get a bonus WDW trip without him.
I would also vote tank and bottoms of your choice. I love seeing the crazy costumes but I cannot imagine running a HM in one! Comfort is key for a longer distance. FWIW, I routinely run in 3" running shorts, spill (or maybe dump) water all over myself and try to hit every sprinkler I can during the summer and don't have any chafing issues. You mentioned you haven't run farther than a 10k yet and you still have plenty of time to test the skirt out on a longer training run and see if it works. Some people just seem more prone to chafing than others.

Hey there!

Man our poor husbands....lol

I have now run a 10 miler :) But at the time of jumping buying it only 10k. I agree I will be wearing some sort of pants/biker short but I can always put a tutu on over top of it right? Lol.

Itinerary!! Here is my Friday Feb 25th, 2022 Plan:

Friday:

• Leave house by 5:30 and husband and son drop us off
    • Fun Fact, I live super close to the Denver airport it is super easy for me to get the airport
  • I am estimating Food/Drinks at Airport: $40 (get some breakfast)
  • Fly out at 7:50 AM on United
    • We used Sapphire Blue Chase card points. If you are looking for a great travel card this is really nice, since you can use your points with multiple airlines.
    • Then I paid for Economy Plus upgrade so luggage is include (which is important cause I do not travel light).
    • My mom paid for herself for first class, so she will be waiving at me in from the front in comfort and style with a drink in her hand.
    • I will have packed some snacks since I will be in the back...lol.
  • Arrive 1:19 pm
  • Next we will be meeting Tiffany Towncar for our ride to Disney. $150 round trip and need tip
    • Eddie will be our driver, my parents used them recently and loved him so we requested him again.
    • They will take us to pick up food and drinks at a grocery store. Need water bottles, some breakfast items and snacks. $50 estimate
  • 3:30ish Honestly who knows timing...We have arrived at AKL Jambo House!!!
    • I really cannot wait to walk and see that beautiful lobby, it is the most spectacular lobby in all of WDW.
  • Check out club and grad a quick snack and drink (I am going to make sure we get our moneys worth at of that club level.)
  • 4ish Finally go pick up Packet at the Expo, I need to get to before 7pm, plan is to take the bus over there.
    • I want to buy all the Merch but I will try to be good, plan budget Merchandise: $200
      • Jacket: 90
      • Orinetment: 20
      • Minnie Ear 40
      • Magnet: 10
      • Pin: 20

• Check out the expo area a little (remember cannot spend a lot of money) and then head back to room Club food
    • Evening hours are apparently great at the club, we will be getting food that they serve at Boma with a chef there serving and cooking it and all the wine I want. Yes please. See this is the wine I get!
  • Then head to Victoria Falls Lounge to eat a little more. My parents loved the lounge here so mom is hoping to chat with the same bartender she met on her last trip. This is plan food, we will split the food and get a couple fun drinks. 615486
    • Braai Burger and Seasoned Fries
    • Vulcan Spice, Safari Amber Beer Cheese, Braised Beef Marmalade
    • $19.00
    • My mom raved about this burger!!

• Goat Cheese Dip
    • Spiced Goat Cheese Dip, assorted Breads and Crackers
    • $10.00
    • This looks soo yummy!! I looove goat cheese.
    • Flame Lily
    • Cruxland Gin, Campari, Van De Hum Tangerine Liqueur, and Lemon Juice served with a souvenir Lotus Glow Cube
    • It glows!! So yes we must get it!!
    • Seychelles Martini
    • Cruxland Gin, Raspberry Liqueur, and Pineapple Juice served with a souvenir Lotus Glow Cube
    • $15.50
    • It also glows, but cannot find a pic of it.
  • Then drink lots of water.... cause you know I need to race the next day after all that drinking I just did and then head to bed by 8 or 9.

• What do you guys think of my first day in Disney?

That sounds like a fabulous first day! I love AKL so much. By far my favorite resort. The lobby is just beautiful and I love the smell. Is that weird? The scent they use in the lobby at AKL is amazing.
That goat cheese app looks delicious. I too love goat cheese. Your drink selections sound tasty too. I love trying the specialty cocktails at the resort I am staying at but as I am getting older can not drink the day before a race. So, I will only have a day or 2 to sample when I go. I’m gonna have to get selective!

Saturday 2/26:
  • 3am Wake up..... wait did I just type out 3am... wow that is early... what is wrong with me, lol. Quickly put on outfit and grab some Coke Zero and a breakfast bar and grab a bus as quickly as possible.
Then the 10k race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Start - Epcot Explore Parking Lot5:30 a.m. - 6:30 a.m.Accessible via Epcot Explore Parking Lot
Finish -Epcot Imagine Parking Lot6:00 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.Accessible via Epcot Imagine Parking Lot
  • Back to hotel 9am?? Honestly I have no idea when I will make it back. I will make sure I get pics with my medal at then end and then head back to the hotel.
  • Grad some breakfast snacks at Club... hopefully still be open and get a mimosa. Really that is what I want a the most a pog mimosa at the end of my race. I love that club level means unlimited pog mimosa.
  • Then go back to the room and shower and change.
  • Next we are going to head over AK for Lunch at Nomad lounge AK at 11am, my mom raved about this bar and loved sitting there watching the character float by on their barges. Here is what we are ordering.
    • Hightower Rocks This includes Casa Dragones Blanco Tequila, Watermelon, Sweet-and-Sour, and Lime Juice. So, it’s essentially a margarita and it’s delicious. $15
    • Annapurna Zing and the Snow Leopard Salvation. Annapurna is described as “Bombay Sapphire Gin, Passion Fruit Purée, Mint, Simple Syrup, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer.” Really, it’s best for someone looking for a refreshing, lightly fruity drink. The drink also came with a glowing lotus flower decoration, which we got to keep! $16
    • Ask about waygu sliders instead of impossible burgers
      • So they just updated there menu and they to waygu off and only offering impossible burgers. I am soo hoping I can still get waygu or any kind of real meat. No offense but not paying money for fake meat no matter how real it taste. I will eat it if it free but that is
      • Tiffins Bread Service: Red Pepper Hummus, Spicy Coriander Yogurt, Ginger-Pear Chutney: $12.00 I will always choose bread service!!
  • Then after words check out 50th Celebration snacks at AK: https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/10/11/ranking-all-the-50th-anniversary-treats-in-animal-kingdom/
    • 50th Celebration Ice Cream Sandwich: Dino-Bite Snacks for $6.99.
    • Tamu Tamu Refreshments: King's Cooler: DOLE Whip® Pineapple with Watermelon, Strawberry and Coconut-flavored Syrup served with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum $10
  • You may notice my plan is just to eat and drink around AK..... keeping it real easy today since I still have to run tomorrow.
  • Also while at AK, get pics with me medal at all the photo spots!! Must show off the bling.
  • Once we are done eating head back to AKL: Change into bathing suits and relax in the Pool/hot tub. Really it is all about the hot tub.
  • Then go to the Club for evening apps and drinks.
  • Then head to bed Early to bed by 8.

How does my Sat sound?

Sunday 2/27
  • 3am Wake Up
  • Breakfast Bar and snacks in room
  • I will be wearing my Frozen Elsa running outfit.
  • Get on the bus at 3:30 am.... that is still soo early.
  • Take some pics and then head to the starting area.
  • 5 am start time 1/2 Half Marathon

• My mom will cheer from Magic Kingdom and some sort of cheesy sign... she will surprise me she says. lol.
  • My mom needs to buy Genie Plus: 15 per person: $30
    • At 7am mom gets passes for Millennium Falcon if cannot slinky dog dash is the next one while I am running
    • I am hoping she can handle this... we are going to practice a head of time, but she is not the best with tech.
    • I hate that I have to buy something that use to be free, but I will be soo tried after running and it will be crowded after running that I need the pass.
    • We are not doing any of the individual passes though, just keeping it to what we can get with the basic genie plus.
  • End the race around 9am, get my Bling!!
  • Head back to Hotel, grab snacks from Club and I am hoping POG Mimosa (depends if I get there soon enough.)
  • Shower and change
  • Head to Hollywood Studies on a bus
  • Go to Ronto Roasters for food!!! I will be starving probably so want to head straight to food!!!
  • My goals here is to Check out Galaxy Edge and get lots of pics with my medals.
  • Some rides on my list: Star Tours, Rocking Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror.
    • It really depends on what is available on Genie Plus, goal not to wait in lines, I do not plan on riding all the rides here, just get on a few key ones and get lots of pics with my medals.
  • I am hoping to maybe get Olga res but highly doubting it.
  • Around 3 or 4 head to Magic Kingdom on bus.​
  • I will do another post on that.

Sooo..... I just bought a new costume. I was not loving my Frozen outfit. It was just so boring and done and I have already worn it a few times for virtuals.

So I went with Winter Belle. I looove Belle and she of course it a great princess! And the best part I am doing an costume of hers you do not see as much, which is what I am really all about.

So here is the costume I bought.

Then I got a cloak with it cause.... of course I had too.....Her Universe has them to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Beauty and the Beast!
It may be a slight pain to run in but whatever.... I loove my costumes (Cosplayer and Larper so lots of exp with wearing costumes over long periods of time.)

-e8ejTjEM3VAX_VnZ__HpWrpnxH2HMr-Go-_sWY_Blk68bV_3CGpo2ld84jZ7Li7rltCP31xOJWDbpvASLskPq7xLhUEzvUw_SsSGBu67cf-dEXOf3VUotqjeN_To5znur-4sjzp

And of course I will wear some shorts or running pants under this to prevent chaffing just depends on the weather.
I am soo excited!! Cannot wait to try it on.

Yesterday I was able to book my ressies!

Now since we are club level we are not doing many reservations.

We are officially booked for Oga's Cantina on Sunday at 12:55. I love that time, so we are done drinking there, we can then hop over to MK at 2pmish.

Then we have reservations at Narcoossee's at 6:55 with fireworks at 8pm. We wanted a nice sit down restaurant to watch fireworks at, we tried for California Grill but could not get a good time. It was too early or to late. So Narcoossee's was our plan B. So we eat a lovely dinner at Grand Floridian and watch the fireworks form there. Super excited!

So we will head to Magic Kingdom around 2 and will get there I am thinking around 3ish.

The plan in MK, get all the pics with my medals in front of this castle. We will have Genie + here too. So I will do whatever rides are short. Thinking some of the classics like Haunted Mansion, PoC, and one of the mountains. But key is not to wait in lines, my feet will be dead and I am not trying to hit all the rides.

I also want to get a pic with mickey and my medal. He looks soo great in his 50th outfit!

If we could get a 50th popcorn bucket or sipper I would be super happy too!

Then at 6:15 to 6:30 we will be heading out of MK to Grand Floridian. We will take the monorail over.

At 6:55 pm we will be heading to Narcoossee's!!

This restaurant is a signature restaurant at GF. It sits right on the water and has one of the best views! The food is seafood themed. They are known for their serf and turf.

For apps we will share their lobster bisque. $16

For dinner:
Mom will get
Surf & Turf with choice of Blackened Wild Grilled Shrimp:
6-oz Sirloin Steak, Buttery Potato Mash, Roasted Rainbow Vegetables and Red Wine Demi-Glace; $52

I will get
Surf & Turf with choice of Cold Water Lobster Tail o6-oz Sirloin Steak, Buttery Potato Mash, Roasted Rainbow Vegetables and Red Wine Demi-Glace; $58

Our plan is to split the shrimp and lobster between the two of us.

And yes it costs a lot but you only run your first 1/2 marathon once. So this will be my celebration dinner and what is more princess of a dinner than surf and turf??

Dessert Share:
Almond-crusted Cheesecake,with Lambert Cherry Sauce$16
I have only heard great things about this dessert! Like this is the must get dessert!!

Now here is the best part while we are eating.... at 8pm they will turn down the lights and pipe in the music for us to watch fireworks. We will most likely go on the deck of the restaurant to watch. We will not be able to see the projections. But my mom did not want to be in the huge crowds we have seen during fireworks so we will give up projections and watch just the fireworks from this much less crowded spot.

We are not sure on what we want to drink. We are going to get something but not sure.

Then after dinner and fireworks we will head back to our resort hoping on to monorail to transportation center and then to our resort at AKL to get some much needed rest.

Update....I am just crossing my fingers for AP to be back on sale before my trip..... the waiting is soo painful.
I will suck though my one time I actually could by an AP they take it away :(

I did my test run in my winter/xmas Belle outfit and it worked!! Soo Excited!! If it is too hot I plan on just not wearing the cape, but I just ran it out in the cold and it was perfect!

I love your costume! It is definitely not a common one and the colors are so pretty. I hope the weather works out for you to get to wear the cape! Not just for your cape, but that also means it's cooler and I will be in heaven!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter