It’s sexist men can post on here about Best bathrooms to poop in but

And I agree that there is no shame in having your period, I just wanted to enjoy our long planned vacation to the fullest without worrying about being bloated, crampy, or having breakthrough leaks and needing to quickly find a restroom. WDW seems way more fun when you feel your best!!

If you are done having children have an ablation. Best thing I ever did! Pantyliners are now the only thing I need to carry anywhere and beforehand I probably would have had to sit out the first day or two (it was bad!). GL!

If you are done having children have an ablation. Best thing I ever did! Pantyliners are now the only thing I need to carry anywhere and beforehand I probably would have had to sit out the first day or two (it was bad!). GL!
Doesn't help everyone. My sister still has heavy periods.

Chiming in to say that my IUD *changed my life*! I haven't had a cycle in over 10 years (I'm 33, married, child-free). It's glorious. I'm such an evangelist for them that I've convinced 4 of my best friends to go that route too.

OP, do what's best for you but I agree that this should be something we're all able to discuss like adults.

If you have the nuva ring you can just put a new one in instead of waiting a week and can skip your period.

Hmmm I usually just take tylenol and wear sanitary pads. I'm not quite sure what you're asking. I'm also biased because I have standard flow periods, so are you indicating you have heavy flow and that would impact your vacation?

I'm not sure what the OP is asking for either. Periods shouldn't hinder your time at Disney. You should be able to do everything you want to, even swim, with the right supplies. Medication that will ease muscle spasms, nausea, and pain can be an asset if that's an issue, and I would speak with your doctor ASAP if that isn't being managed already. Otherwise, there are plenty of toilets in every park, marked on every map, and Cast Members will always know the nearest one. Be sure to make frequent toilet breaks and change your supplies more often than you would at home, as Disney queues and other distractions have a tendency to delay planned toilet breaks.

I also echo to bring more supplies than you think you will need, and carry extras with you each day. Bring an extra pair of panties and shorts (and a zip top bag) if you're really concerned about leaks. The parks and resort hotel DO have feminine supplies and pain medication, often behind the counter if you ask for them. They can be tricky to find, but don't be embarrassed to ask, or go to the first aid centre if you need to. I can reassure you that you wouldn't be the first person to ask for such supplies - we've had to ask for anti-nausea and pain medication before, too.

This is coming from an athlete with painful and heavy periods and ends up ghostly pale and writhing in pain without appropriate medication. My doctor worked with me to manage my periods so they rarely interrupt my training or life any more (without the use of hormonal birth control). On a month's notice (or less), you may not get complete control of your symptoms, but your doctor (or pharmacist) may have some great suggestions to make your vacation more pleasant.

Medications your doctor or pharmacist may suggest: Midol, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Meclizine, Compazine

Best of luck! Have a wonderful vacation.

women can’t ask honest questions about being concerned about having their period on a Disney trip. I put a warning in the subject. I was looking for insight from other women. We’re all adults here and having your period is a normal and natural thing. I wasn’t being crass. I wanted tips from women who have worried about the same thing (which is most women). Having your period isn’t more “un-Disney” than going poop. I didn’t realize it was sexist here. How sad, I’ve loved this board. Maybe it’s just not the place for me. Good luck to everyone on your trips.
Heck, now I want to go find that best bathroom thread! I know it's strictly a guesstimate, but what would you say the female/male ratio is on these boards? God bless you women for dealing with all you deal with (and that includes us men).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter