• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Issues with sharing DVC room with renter?

iluvthsgam

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I have a confirmed reservation where I only need the first night and a renter needs the other 2 nights. DVC Member Services won't let me split it into two separate reservations. I am thinking through keeping the reservation and taking the first night and letting them take the second and third nights.

If we meet up and make sure to change credit cards at the front desk during the second day, and the fact that the room won't be cleaned (unless we can pay housekeeping to come in and clean) - are there any other issues we should think through before deciding whether this is a good idea or not?

You need to have everyone listed from the start because the front desk at the resort can not always make those changes especially once the reservation has started.

With that, the renters would have access to your room on night one..though you can be removed for the last two nights as the front desk has a way to uncheck you as a guest.

You need to have everyone listed from the start because the front desk at the resort can not always make those changes especially once the reservation has started.

With that, the renters would have access to your room on night one..though you can be removed for the last two nights as the front desk has a way to uncheck you as a guest.
Thanks for your reply! I have no problem putting them on the room for night one. I can just deadbolt the door. And can't imagine they would try to get in. But did not know that I could later go remove people from the reservation. That would probably make them feel better if I was removed. Thank you.

One question we do not know is how My Disney Experience would handle it. Would it try to link us together if they linked the reservation to their account? I don't mind leaving it off my account because it is just a late arrival night.

Thanks for your reply! I have no problem putting them on the room for night one. I can just deadbolt the door. And can't imagine they would try to get in. But did not know that I could later go remove people from the reservation. That would probably make them feel better if I was removed. Thank you.

One question we do not know is how My Disney Experience would handle it. Would it try to link us together if they linked the reservation to their account? I don't mind leaving it off my account because it is just a late arrival night.
MDE will only let one person link the reservation. Others need to be linked to that person in order for the reservation to show up on their MDE. So if you link it to your account, the renters would only see it on their MDE if they're linked to you. You'd want to have them link the reservation to their account. That way you're not linked to them. But, you wouldn't be able to use your MB or phone for room entry. You'd need to get a card from the front desk. Probably not a big deal under the circumstances.

Steve

Unless these renters are family or close friends I’d just find the one night I wanted in a separate reservation & after securing it, I’d modify the existing reservation to delete the first night leaving the renters their own reservation for the remaining nights.
First because your renters would get a clean room - I’d not want to be washing sheets & re making the bed as well as not even having the supplies to do a room cleaning for a one night stay - although you can try to pay for a villa cleaning between the groups, housekeeping isn’t adequately staffed as it is & I wonder if you’d run into problems especially w/ a larger villa they hadn’t scheduled to be cleaned 🤷‍♀️ .
Second, when we’ve tried to put 2 credit cards on the room in the past Disney has had issues w/ sorting the credit card charges correctly IME. I personally wouldn’t want to waste time on a one night stay waiting around for the renters to arrive to go deal w/ the front desk together.
I assume the total group (you + renters night one & renters + you nights 2&3) are at or below max occupancy.

I did think of something if it’s worth the risk. You modify, drop night one, and quickly try to pick it up on your own.

I find one nights tend to show up but I have also lost it.

I always have a back up booked but I have had success doing such a split on my own.

I did think of something if it’s worth the risk. You modify, drop night one, and quickly try to pick it up on your own.

I find one nights tend to show up but I have also lost it.

I always have a back up booked but I have had success doing such a split on my own.
I too would be very tempted to use this approach. Late at night, with two browser windows open and logged in (one as an incognito/private session, or one in Chrome and one in Edge, so the two windows are completely separate sessions). Be all set up checking availability for the one night in one of the browsers, so the second you drop it in the other browser you are all set to pick it back up as a separate reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter