Issues with MDE

ilanakan

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been experiencing issues with MDE?

We are due for our split stay trip in January 2019, made our package booking (first part 7 nights AOA) - room & tickets, and then, through our Disney travel agent, added the dining package to our package (first 7 nights).
This was a month ago.
Until this day the package type has not been updated to the dining package included. My travel agent sent me the invoice, there it shows the right package, but on MDE (site and app) it still shows the room&tickets only package, no matter how many times I log out and in and refresh.

Our trip is coming up and I am starting to get quite nervous. Does this mean we can't pre-order for our Be Our Guest breakfast (as the dining plan is not showing on my MDE)?
What will it mean when we are in Disney World and we want to use dining credits? If MDE isn't showing dining package does that mean the dining credits won't show, and every time we dine, or want to use our dining credit, there will be an issue? And what about ordering quick service on the app - that would also be effected by that, no?

I am really frustrated about this. My travel agent says that there is an issue with MDE and we aren't the only ones suffering.
Have any of you guys had similar issues?
I need some cheering up here :( :)

I think a lot of people have been having issues with MDE lately due to some updates of the system. Given your situation I would recommend calling Disney to verify they can see the dining plan on their end. I had to do this with a few things for our trip and the IT CMs were able to fix things for me so I could order our magic bands and make fast passes. It will give you the peace of mind that everything is ready to go. You can still do your BOG preorder. They don’t ask for a form of payment when you place it. You would need the dining plan in place (or a credit card) to mobile order but that’s only when you’re actually there and the dining plan should be working. I know how frustrating and stressful this can be! I think a lot of things aren’t showing up in MDE but are actually there!

Have you tried going to your resort reservation and choose modify reservation. We have a free dining package booked that includes quick service. We upgraded to Deluxe dining. On the main pages the reservation details say we have quick service, but when we click on modify package and scroll down it shows that we have the deluxe dining plan. Just one of the many, many glitches that are on MDE. Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter