• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Issues with Hulu since the recent changes?

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
Since Jan when we booked our trip we have had the One Password for all set up. Yesterday we went to watch TV and found we were logged out on our most often watched TV. We logged on. About 2 hrs later we found a new profile added that no one in the family had started. Contacted Hulu. They had no idea how it happened but suggested I change our password. They deleted the new profile. Now this morning we were logged off of the same TV again. Had much difficulty logging in even though I was using the correct info (email N password). Finally was able to. This is just weird. Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:
No issues with that. Most times when I watch a show on the tv get knocked out of Hulu at some point during it and have to go back in and luckily will start at about the same spot. Usually that does not happen when watching on the iPad.

I just signed up for Hulu last night so I could binge watch “Shogun” for the week (cancelling immediately after cuz I despise paying for TV) so no problems so far but I’ll keep my eyes open.

Occasionally things get logged out across multiple streaming services annoying as it is OR the service is experiencing issues. Just had an issue with Paramount+ last week where it didn't register that we have the ad-free version now so we had to restart our fire stick. Have had issues over time with Hulu (but some of that is because of how we've had the bundle paid for). Have had issues with Hallmark Movies Now. Have had issues with other services as well. It's all annoying when it happens. Sometimes logging out issues is the service doing periodic check ins to make sure you have an active or applicable plan.

Your issue OP almost sounds like someone has at some point gained access to your login information not necessarily Hulu information either. It could be tied to your e-mail. You might consider changing to a different e-mail and changing to a strong not used before password.

Your issue OP almost sounds like someone has at some point gained access to your login information not necessarily Hulu information either. It could be tied to your e-mail. You might consider changing to a different e-mail and changing to a strong not used before password.
Does changing email require this process? (See pic)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240421-133210.png
    Screenshot_20240421-133210.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Does changing email require process? (See pic)

Occasionally things get logged out across multiple streaming services annoying as it is OR the service is experiencing issues. Just had an issue with Paramount+ last week where it didn't register that we have the ad-free version now so we had to restart our fire stick. Have had issues over time with Hulu (but some of that is because of how we've had the bundle paid for). Have had issues with Hallmark Movies Now. Have had issues with other services as well. It's all annoying when it happens. Sometimes logging out issues is the service doing periodic check ins to make sure you have an active or applicable plan.

I can't help but get the feeling that this new system leaves the consumer at a higher risk. Now, with one email and one password, a hacker can get info related to MULTIPLE accounts. I have credit cards that I use to pay for Disney vacations, different ones that I pay for streaming services. They are all vulnerable now, at one time!

Yeah, the new user account added on makes me think OP, you've been hacked.

Yeah, the new user account added on makes me think OP, you've been hacked.
Great! I'll call tomorrow. I don't trust the weekend call center reps. I have all my cards with 2 step verification and every time they are used I get notified immediately.

I got logged out of hulu yesterday and when I tried logging back in, it said that I had to use my Disney MDE login instead of my hulu login. I was confused because my hulu login has never been associated with any Disney login and I haven't used my Disney login in years. Yet somehow, I logged into Disney and it let me back into Hulu. Could this other login you're seeing be from a Disney account instead of hulu?

I got logged out of hulu yesterday and when I tried logging back in, it said that I had to use my Disney MDE login instead of my hulu login. I was confused because my hulu login has never been associated with any Disney login and I haven't used my Disney login in years. Yet somehow, I logged into Disney and it let me back into Hulu. Could this other login you're seeing be from a Disney account instead of hulu?
No. Everyone has to use one email and one password for all Disney owned entities. This is a recent development. Google for the details. I've had the same login for My Disney and Hulu since January.

Does changing email require this process? (See pic)

That's a really good question I'm not sure!

I actually find that process odd. Why would you need to CANCEL existing subscriptions in order to change the email address associated with the subscription? Usually, you log in, go to your account profile, (sometimes it requires inputting your password again,) and just update the email.

OP, did you get that picture off the hulu.com page? Don't click on any links you may have been sent. And don't call any phone numbers that may have been sent to you. Get all info off Hulu's official pages.

Since Jan when we booked our trip we have had the One Password for all set up. Yesterday we went to watch TV and found we were logged out on our most often watched TV. We logged on. About 2 hrs later we found a new profile added that no one in the family had started. Contacted Hulu. They had no idea how it happened but suggested I change our password. They deleted the new profile. Now this morning we were logged off of the same TV again. Had much difficulty logging in even though I was using the correct info (email N password). Finally was able to. This is just weird. Anyone else seeing this?
We had this years ago when one of my kids shared the info at a friends house and the friend took over our account, might have been Netflix, I'm not 100% which service it was.

I think we contacted them, deleted all accounts with customer service, changed the password and started over.

Maybe change the onepass stuff too in case someone has access to that too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter