• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Issue with app

BaxterSaysMeoww

Mouseketeer
Okay.. so I’ve called Disney twice to get help with this and they keep telling me just use the website..

My problem is when I go to modify a dining reservation on the app it keeps telling me that only the person who made the reservation can modify it.. but I am that person. I’ve signed in and out multiple times, on my phone and another, uninstalled and reinstalled and I keep getting the same message. It worked fine yesterday but today 2 people were added to our planning group, but they have separate reservations. Any days that they are in our planning group, I can’t modify anything but the one day they aren’t with us, I can modify that day.

Has anyone had this issue and can tell me what I’m doing wrong? I’m signed in as the person who made the reservations. I can modify things if I go to Disney’s actual website but I find using the app easier and faster and right now it’s basically unusable.

Attachments

• A9563159-8540-4636-ADA4-817D5126BFFF.jpeg
    A9563159-8540-4636-ADA4-817D5126BFFF.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 9
Okay.. so I’ve called Disney twice to get help with this and they keep telling me just use the website..

My problem is when I go to modify a dining reservation on the app it keeps telling me that only the person who made the reservation can modify it.. but I am that person. I’ve signed in and out multiple times, on my phone and another, uninstalled and reinstalled and I keep getting the same message. It worked fine yesterday but today 2 people were added to our planning group, but they have separate reservations. Any days that they are in our planning group, I can’t modify anything but the one day they aren’t with us, I can modify that day.

Has anyone had this issue and can tell me what I’m doing wrong? I’m signed in as the person who made the reservations. I can modify things if I go to Disney’s actual website but I find using the app easier and faster and right now it’s basically unusable.

Try things in the following order until it works.

1. Restart your device, then try making your changes.
2. Reload the App, then try making your changes.
3. Use the website.

I could not get the app to work for me at all. Calling tech support didn’t fix the problem.
Nothing would work so I couldn’t make ride plans or dining plans before we went. When I was checking in I told the cast member that the app was useless for me.
Her first suggestion was the answer!!
I had to go into the app and log out.
THEN go to the website and log in from there. To my great relief it WORKED!
Good luck. I understand your frustration.

I’m having the same problem with it saying only the person that made the reservation can change it - well that’s me -
I’ve logged out, closed the app restarted
Tried from the website - none of it it working right now to change my dining reservations

I have been having the same problem since yesterday and tried all of the things listed above. I called Disney and the tech person I talked to said she would send a message to the app people but there wasn’t anything else she could do. I just deleted the app and will use the website until they fix whatever bug it is.

So maybe it is some kind of bug since some of you are also having the same problem. I’ve taken all the same steps today and it is still not working on the app so I’ve been using the website to modify some reservation times. It is a very annoying bug for sure since the app is just more convenient to use but for now I’ll just use the website.

I have had the same problem trying to modify from 2 to 3 for a couple of meals in July. Went to the website and would get a "We cannot do this at this time" after the final "Confirm" button.

So I went the back door route - booked new reservations which then cancelled the other ones as I was looking at the same time.

I have had the same problem trying to modify from 2 to 3 for a couple of meals in July. Went to the website and would get a "We cannot do this at this time" after the final "Confirm" button.

So I went the back door route - booked new reservations which then cancelled the other ones as I was looking at the same time.

This works! I searched for a conflicting time and booked the new one which as you said automatically cancelled the original that I couldn't modify and now it recognizes me as the person who made the reservation again and can modify it as needed!

I hadn’t thought about trying this so thank you!

This works! I searched for a conflicting time and booked the new one which as you said automatically cancelled the original that I couldn't modify and now it recognizes me as the person who made the reservation again and can modify it as needed!

I hadn’t thought about trying this so thank you!

You're welcome! I did it on the website. Have not tried again on the app. But I've had the same issue on the app - with the people it lists me as the contact but has had that "only the primary guest..." message. Currently it doesn't, but I'm good for now.

I was able to book some new reservations on the website - but still can’t modify any existing ones on the app

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter