Is walking into toy story lot no longer an option?

I hope not! We arrive on May 6th and were hoping to catch the bus to the parks! Was this sign on the Harbor entrance or the Katella entrance? And is it there again today?

Oh no, this will change our ability to stay at Homewood Suites Anaheim Convention Center. We always walked over to the TS Lot to grab a bus in and back to the hotel to save all the steps. Is this a new thing?

ETA: is it possible to get a photo of the signs you are talking about? I mean there is a path from the street into the lot with a small sidewalk (along the hedges).

There is always a sign up on Katella Ave. This a screen shot from google maps, perhaps this is what they saw. I do not see them limiting pedestrian entrance and egress from Harbor as many people park and walk both ways who do not wish to take the bus.

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 9.36.59 PM.png

It would still affect those who walk out because they wouldn't be able to walk back in after having walked out. It wouldn't make sense to allow people to walk out, but not let them walk back in. Not everyone can or wants to take the bus back.
Such a good point. Very bizarre. I tried to call parking but they never seem to answer.

The signs have been there for a long time. I've always seen the signs and pedestrians. It's not really safe to walk in and out when people are driving tired, looking at phones while driving, taking care of their kids while driving, etc. I don't think they are doing anything to enforce it. However, I wouldn't be surprised if a pedestrian gets hit by a car once in a while.

The signs have been at the Katella entrance for a long time. I’ve never seen them at the Harbor entrance, and we often walk one way or the other.

I agree with you about the safety of walking in the Katella entrance, but Harbor has sidewalks and crosswalks.

OP seemed to suggest that there were signs at both entrances. I’m headed up today, and will look for confirmation.

The signs have been at the Katella entrance for a long time. I’ve never seen them at the Harbor entrance, and we often walk one way or the other.

I agree with you about the safety of walking in the Katella entrance, but Harbor has sidewalks and crosswalks.

OP seemed to suggest that there were signs at both entrances. I’m headed up today, and will look for confirmation.
I did not see “No Ped” signs at the Harbor Entrance to TSP this morning.

This changes but I'd say Harbor is almost always open while Katella is usually open. In February, there was also a day I left the park when the line for the buses was 45 minutes and the CMs were telling guests to walk down Harbor so that entrance obviously had to be open for pedestrians.

Just wanted to ask if there are any updates on if pedestrians are allowed to use this lot.

I can stay at Hyatt Place for free using points but it seems like a very long walk. I was planning on using the shuttle at least on the way back if not both ways. It would only be for 2 nights, the last 3 nights we'll be at Disneyland Hotel.

Just wanted to ask if there are any updates on if pedestrians are allowed to use this lot.

I can stay at Hyatt Place for free using points but it seems like a very long walk. I was planning on using the shuttle at least on the way back if not both ways. It would only be for 2 nights, the last 3 nights we'll be at Disneyland Hotel.
We were there last week, stayed at Hyatt Place, and used the Toy Story shuttles exclusively over 4 days. The walk to the Toy Story shuttles is probably about 7-8 minutes? I can’t say for sure because we never timed it. It didn’t feel very long tho. The shuttles were easy to use and we loved our stay at Hyatt Place!

We were there last week, stayed at Hyatt Place, and used the Toy Story shuttles exclusively over 4 days. The walk to the Toy Story shuttles is probably about 7-8 minutes? I can’t say for sure because we never timed it. It didn’t feel very long tho. The shuttles were easy to use and we loved our stay at Hyatt Place!
Thank you so much! Just what I wanted to hear :)

We've stayed at Hyatt House before, which already felt like a long walk. I avoided Hyatt Place because of the distance but I can't really resist the free nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter