Is VB worth the extra $35.00

Mynamewastaken

DIS Veteran
We are headed down to Universal for the first time. I have a 12y that will ride anything and a 10y who is scared of almost everything. I booked a package through UT and just saw an email with a pretty good offer. I can cancel and re-book. For $35.00 more (total) I can get an extra day at Universal (tho we may not use it) and it would include Volcano Bay for all the days we will be there. Since we've never been and we are going in mid-July I thought the 35.00 might be worth it. I am not sure how much of the park we will do in the heat of the day? And the kids might like VB??? Advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

For $35 for VB and the extra day, it should be worthwhile. Even half a day at VB is worth that, plus it gives you the option for an extra part-day at the other parks. There's enough at VB for both kids to occupy themselves.

The exception would be if you are thinking of upgrading to APs. In that case, if you go to VB you would have to get 3 park APs which are more expensive.

For our family, yes it's worth it. But we love water parks and this one in particular is stunning. 411247

Yes it's an amazing water park, better than the Disney ones. I will say that when I went it wasn't particularly busy whereas mid-July sounds like it'd be a lot busier. I can't wait to go back and try the Waturi Fusion ice cream.

waturi-fusion-tropical-fruit-ice-cream-soft-serve-Ultimate-Guide-to-Relaxing-at-Universals-Volcano-Bay.jpg

I seriously wanted to try the Waturi Fusion. Another one for the list of things we didn't get to this past stay.

Yes, it is a great waterpark with plenty of offerings for the adventuresome folks and some for those of us who tend to favor calmer activities. We went early and enjoyed it. We were there about a month after it opened and will return in a few weeks. My 13 year old has been asking to go back since we left! She loves thrill rides at Universal, but I think her favorite part of the last trip was Volcano Bay.

Last edited:
We are headed down to Universal for the first time. I have a 12y that will ride anything and a 10y who is scared of almost everything. I booked a package through UT and just saw an email with a pretty good offer. I can cancel and re-book. For $35.00 more (total) I can get an extra day at Universal (tho we may not use it) and it would include Volcano Bay for all the days we will be there. Since we've never been and we are going in mid-July I thought the 35.00 might be worth it. I am not sure how much of the park we will do in the heat of the day? And the kids might like VB??? Advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Is it an offer from under cover tourist? We also got tickets from then for July and will love to add VB for 35

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter