• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Universal hotel worth it?

j_lehr

DIS Veteran
My family is going to Disney from September 24 through the 30th. Then we are going to Universal from on October 1 & 2...haven't decided if we are leaving the 2nd or 3rd. Anyway, to stay at Hard Rock Hotel is pretty expensive - 1100 for package - is it worth it? We could probably get tickets and off site hotel for half that...and the only thing that is kind of keeping me at Universal is that you don't have to wait in lines if you are their guest. What do you guys think???

Thanks! Haven't been to Disney since 2000 and we have never been to Universal - we are so excited!!

Jessica

Universal is definately worth it, but I wouldnt book a pkg. You can get discount room, AAA, Fan Club, ENT card. There are discount tix for the parks too, 3 days for the price of 2 at AAA, the universal website has 5 day passes for about $90.

We are staying at the HRH next weekend, Garden View room for $149 for Fri and Sat and $119 for Monday, definately worth it for us.

I booked a pkg once, but I wouldnt do it again. You can put together a plan with help from this site for less money.

Patty

I think that it is definitely worth it to stay on-site. I wouldn't book the package either because as Pathubia said, there are many discounts available on tickets and hotel stays. And of course, there is nothing like having Express ride access during your stay!

I agree with the others. Do not book a package. We are staying at RPR in February (during Presidents' Week) for $149 per night (waterview room) booked through hotelkingdom.com. Got the five day bonus passes for approximately $85 each. Do some research and book room and tickets separately. I think you can do much better than the package.

By the way, staying on-site is absolutely worth it. I wouldn't do it any other way!!!

Good luck and have fun!

I agree it is definately worth it to have the express pass. In fact after using the express pass on two vacations to Universal my family does not want to return to Disney. We are spoiled by not having to wait an hour in line. You can see a lot more attractions with the pass. Plus, the Loews resorts are very nice. We have stayed at both PB and RP and both were great. Perhaps you should check the rates at RP, they are lower than HR. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter