Is time for another Mickey Pretzel? Girls trip Sept 2018

kimmyg26

Mouseketeer
Welcome to my first trip report! Hopefully, I do this right and can get my pictures to load and figure out all of the multi quotes! I have issues with that :worship::worship:

I’m the Disney nut but have slowly rubbed off on my family. This was supposed to have been a romantic getaway but everything fell apart, hence the girls trip. :sad: I really had to twist their arm to go to Disney with me.

Our Cast of Characters… and yes, my family really are characters.

Me, Kim

My Mom, Carla

My Niece, Hannah

My Niece Abby

IMG_5174 (1).jpg

We flew out of BWI (Baltimore, MD) at a lovely 6:15am on a full plane. The girls were supposed to fly down that evening and meet us but my sister decided to let them fly with us. Thank you Southwest! You really do rock when it comes to changing flights. It was my first pixie dust of the week. The girls were super tired but to me it was worth it get to the world super early. We arrived in Orlando quicker than we expected. After a stop for the girls to get Starbucks, we are on the Magical Express to our resort at 8:46am.

IMG_1835.JPEG

Our home for the four nights was the Yacht Club. We had booked a standard view with the military rate. We were pixie dusted with a lovely water view. It was my mom’s choice to stay here because of the close proximity for Epcot. This made me laugh later in the trip because we spent the least amount of time in Epcot. Sometimes the schedules change and you just don’t land where you expect to.

Here are a few pictures we took on the boat back one day……

IMG_4937.jpg IMG_4938.jpg

I truly love the BC/YC when you spend all of your time at Epcot. The quick walk to Epcot is second to none. I enjoy Storm Along Bay when it’s not crowded. We were pretty lucky as most days it wasn’t too horrible. I’m a horrible person as I did not take any pictures of our room but I did take some pictures of the spectacular view we had.

IMG_5052.jpg IMG_5053.jpg

Since we arrived super early, our room was not ready. We stored our stuff with Bell Services and made the walk to Epcot. Yikes! It was ridiculously hot and it wasn’t even 10am. We stopped at IG Guest Services to activate our Military tickets and purchase Memory Maker.

We were all starting since we had been up since about 3:15am. We past the food booth basically drooling but of course nothing was open. We hit Sunshine seasons for a light bite to hold us over until 10:30! Our first fast pass was Living With The Land. Surprisingly the girls really enjoy this ride. One never knows with teenagers!

Once we were done, we headed to Flavors from Fire and had the smoked corned beef/potato chips. My one niece got the scallops from Coastal Eats and the other got the Mac and cheese. I also tried the new burger slider with gouda. I’m so bummed because I can’t believe we didn’t take any pictures. As we were eating, we received a room ready text so I was excited.

Next it was time for our second fast pass…Soarin. None of my family has ridden the new version so I was interested to see there reviews. I wanted to ask for B1 but it was busy. Pixie dust again….that is the exact section we were put in. They all loved it!

Final fast pass was Figment…yes, I know it’s a waste of a fast pass but I wanted something for later.

IMG_4927.jpg

We headed back to WS and made a stop at Ireland for the beer cheese fondue, Joffrey’s for a donut. We set at the outside seating near Rose and Crown to cool off. My one niece made the long walk to the American Pavilion as she was craving a Turkey leg. Thankfully I took pictures of these two!

IMG_4929.jpg

IMG_4936.jpg

My mom was really feeling the heat so we took the boat back to YC. The girls ran ahead. It was a lovely long boat ride since we stopped at BW.

I had to stop at the front desk on our way in. We received the room ready text but we weren’t given a room number. We were on the 3rd floor—room 3129. It was super close to the elevator and the view was perfect.

Since it was about 2pm and we had been up since 3:15am, we were all beat. My one niece headed to the pool for a bit while the rest of us just curled in bed and slept. Being up so early and the crazy heat was doing a number on us.

Attachments

• IMG_4933.jpg
    IMG_4933.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 0
Around 4:00, we figured we needed to think about dinner since we hadn’t really eaten much. I was able to snag a 5:45pm O’hana ressie. The girls had been there before and had liked it. My step nephew lives pretty close to the parks so he stopped by with some supplies that we needed and gave us a ride to the Poly.There was literally NO ONE in the check in line for O'hana. I was a little scared that something must be wrong. I told the hostess we were starving and she got us seated pretty quickly (like less than ten minutes). I had asked for a view and since it really wasn’t busy at all (shocking), she put us near a window.

Part of our view during dinner...

IMG_5027.jpg

Ok, I know the reviews of O’hana are sometimes pretty negative but I have to say that we ALL loved the meal. Our server was excellent! Nothing was rushed. It was incredibly low key and just what we needed. The food was plentiful. I do not want to admit how many dumplings our table had. My niece has a field day with them. Every time our waiter came by, he brought another plate of those yummy dumplings. He then brought us a box to take the rest home. While we were paying, I made a late fast pass for test track for all of us.

IMG_4999.jpg IMG_4996.jpg IMG_5005.jpg IMG_5009.jpg IMG_5012.jpg IMG_5016.jpg IMG_5019.jpg IMG_5030.jpg

After dinner, we needed to walk off the ridiculous amount of food we ate so we walked around Poly. We wanted to look at the bungalows so we strolled down the water. Oh wait….did I tell you I brought two teenagers to Disney? They have to take selfies, post to Instagram or snap chat every darn minute….yikes! I had to laugh at the pictures.

IMG_5036 - Copy.jpg

IMG_5037 - Copy.jpg
IMG_5039 - Copy.jpg IMG_5041 - Copy.jpg IMG_5043 - Copy.jpg IMG_5044.jpg

We headed back to the YC tired and stuffed but a fast pass for Test Track was still waiting for us. What to do, what to do?? We got back to our room to get a notification that Test Track was closed. We really didn’t want to ride anything else so our anytime fast pass went away…so sad!

Youngest niece was dog tired so she stayed in the room while the three of us headed back to Epcot to watch Illuminations. Ok, this is where staying in the Yacht Club is such a fabulous thing. It was amazing to make the short walk, grab a spot on the bridge, watch the show and then return back to our room without waiting for a bus in a sea of sweaty people.

We had a great spot on the bridge to France for the show...

Attachments

• IMG_5039 (1) - Copy.jpg
    IMG_5039 (1) - Copy.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter