Is this what it feels like to be fast? W&D runDisney TR 2018 (Updated Dec. 18th)

I fly through the 10K!

Its 10K time people!

So I decided to get out the door a little earlier on this day after what happened with the 5K bus situation. Well good thing I did... I think the 10K day was the worst of them. The line went from the bus stop all the way past the lobby entrance which is a pretty good ways. Of course they didn't load the buses again until 3:30AM. By far the worst busing situation from runDisney I have seen.

IMG_1387 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Soon enough we were at the race start. This was my first runDisney race with the MK parking lot start. It was interesting but not too much different from the Epcot start.

IMG_9279 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I decided against waiting for any pre-race characters since the lines were nuts already. I waited around for the corrals to open and just went in and sat down.

They actually started moving corral A at roughly 5AM to the start.

IMG_8047 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Wheelchair start!

IMG_6563 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Now time for us!

IMG_3741 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And we were off! Right out of the MK parking lot and onto what would be a rather boring stretch of road...

Mile 1!

IMG_8754 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Cars were up first. I have stopped for them and I debated not doing it but what the heck you only live once right?

IMG_0365 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The Jack Sparrow and another pirate that I don't remember were out next. I decided to skip them as I have gotten pirates before.

Mile 2!

IMG_0934 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Green Army man was out after that... He was on the ramp where we start heading to Epcot.

IMG_3985 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 3!

IMG_8973 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I stopped for everyones favorite chipmunks next! They had cool outfits on.

IMG_7812 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6677 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 4 and we were finally heading into Epcot.

IMG_3703 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Oswald was out next so I had to stop!

IMG_6678 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Some Skyliner construction views you can only see during the race...

IMG_6604 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6608 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 5!

IMG_7476 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Remy was out and I have never seen him before so of course I stopped.

IMG_9769 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6681 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Jiminy Cricket was out in Italy.

IMG_6684 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 6!

IMG_4114 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And just like that it was done! I finished in 1:03 and some change. By far my fastest Disney 10K and that was with stopped for every character except one. I found out later I finished 18th in my age group too! I probably could've PR'd if I didn't stop for characters but that means less fun. I will say the course kind of sucked. 4 miles before any time in the park. They did have characters and what not but it just was lackluster. This course used to go through DHS too which I would have probably liked better.

After the race I stopped for some character photos. I met @BigEeyore in line. It was great to meet you! I always love meeting Disers.

IMG_6693 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6694 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I really liked the 10K medal. I wasn't sure of it when it was first announced but I do like it a lot.

I then headed back to the resort to change and get ready for the day. Here are some PhotoPass images from the race!

IMG_6692 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6691 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6689 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6687 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I am all alone!

IMG_6686 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Blind running...

IMG_6683 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6679 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

That's all folks!

What did I do next? Well rope drop DHS again duh!

Up Next: Rope drop pro!

Great job placing 18th in your age group! That's fantastic!

4 miles before getting into a park? That sounds pretty dull, I can definitely see why that wasn't your favorite course. (Maybe that's why you did really well...not much else to do but run!)

Love that they had Remy and Sebastian as two of the character meets.

18th is awesome! That was a boring course. You probably need to go run it again next year when it isn’t all highway. ;)

Great job placing 18th in your age group! That's fantastic!

4 miles before getting into a park? That sounds pretty dull, I can definitely see why that wasn't your favorite course. (Maybe that's why you did really well...not much else to do but run!)

Love that they had Remy and Sebastian as two of the character meets.

Thanks! Yeah the course left a lot to be desired.

18th is awesome! That was a boring course. You probably need to go run it again next year when it isn’t all highway. ;)

I’m thinking I just might run it next year.

Congrats on your race! You did so well!

Thanks!

Your safari pics are seriously some of the best I've seen!!! Mine are always ridiculously shaky and totally hit or miss. You know what you're doing LOL :)

The line went from the bus stop all the way past the lobby entrance which is a pretty good ways. Of course they didn't load the buses again until 3:30AM. By far the worst busing situation from runDisney I have seen.
That is insane! I, of course, only have January's races to compare it to, but they had people lined up in every set of bus chains, then buses pulled up at every one, so they were picking up five sets of people at a time. This looks like a giant mess!

And just like that it was done! I finished in 1:03 and some change. By far my fastest Disney 10K and that was with stopped for every character except one. I found out later I finished 18th in my age group too! I probably could've PR'd if I didn't stop for characters but that means less fun.
Looks like some fun characters even though the route doesn't sound like it was the greatest :( Way to finish so speedy!!! What a difference when you're in Corral A, huh?!

Your safari pics are seriously some of the best I've seen!!! Mine are always ridiculously shaky and totally hit or miss. You know what you're doing LOL :)

I use a mix of my DSLR an iPhone 8+. I loved my shots of the giraffes this go around.

That is insane! I, of course, only have January's races to compare it to, but they had people lined up in every set of bus chains, then buses pulled up at every one, so they were picking up five sets of people at a time. This looks like a giant mess!

They should have done it that way. This was ridiculous.

Looks like some fun characters even though the route doesn't sound like it was the greatest :( Way to finish so speedy!!! What a difference when you're in Corral A, huh?!

Corral A is awesome!

I met @BigEeyore in line. It was great to meet you! I always love meeting Disers.
:wave: It was great to meet you too!

That bus line is CRAZY! I would think rD would know how many runners are staying at each resort, and allocate buses accordingly, but maybe not?

I was also disappointed in the 10K course - wish they would have taken us thru HS and around the Boardwalk, like the end of the half, but oh well. The weather was perfect though! I hope that is not going to be the 10K course for Star Wars in April, but I'm not holding my breath!

:wave: It was great to meet you too!

That bus line is CRAZY! I would think rD would know how many runners are staying at each resort, and allocate buses accordingly, but maybe not?

I was also disappointed in the 10K course - wish they would have taken us thru HS and around the Boardwalk, like the end of the half, but oh well. The weather was perfect though! I hope that is not going to be the 10K course for Star Wars in April, but I'm not holding my breath!
Yeah I guess runDisney hasn't learned anything after 25 years.

Weather was great!

That medal is really nice. Congrats! I am training to do my first 5K next year and hopefully a 10k in the fall.....

Awesome 10k & photos! I do wonder why they cut Studios from the 10k since it was still there for the half.

Great time on your 10K especially with all those character stops! You got some great pictures especially managing to get a running shot with nobody else in the picture. WOW!

Great time on your 10K especially with all those character stops! You got some great pictures especially managing to get a running shot with nobody else in the picture. WOW!
Thanks! I know, I’ve never got a photo with no one else in it before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter