Is this too many PS's????????

Julia M

DIS Veteran<br><font color =red>not clever, not wi
We will have just 4 actual days at WDW parks, because we are adding on a trip at the end of a family reunion in Orlando. We will be going to HDDR with the family, as well as a water park, KSC and SW.

We move to our new hotel on Sunday, and I plan to make a PS for Boma for that later afternoon. We'll eat and look around AKL.

Monday the plan is for MGM, and I'll have a PS for Sci Fi Diner about 1:00. Then counter service for dinner, most likely Pizza Planet.

Tuesday the plan is for Epcot; an early counter service lunch (not too heavy), the Ice Cream Social around 3 and Rose and Crown at 7:30, hopefully to see Illuminations!

Wednesday is our "off" day to enjoy the pools at Vistana. I plan to make a PS for Whispering Canyon for an early dinner, so I can see WL.

Thursday is AK, where I plan to buy the vouchers sold there for counter service lunch, and then a PS at maybe Chef Mickeys (I've heard alot about it) or a restaurant in EPCOT (Le Cellier comes to mind)

Friday is MK, where dd and I will try and eat at the castle for b'fast, counter service lunch and Ohana for dinner, to see the fireworks (hopefully).

Questions:
1. Is this too many? I'm not really worried about cost, I have the money set aside. I'm doing so many because we don't plan to take a mid day break at the hotel, so I want to have a little "retreat" from the heat of the day, where we're not trying to find a spot to sit, etc (we'll be there in AUgust)

2. Should I add the Fantasmic dinner package? How early will we have to arrive to get a seat in August?

3. I've tried to pick places that my kids will really like (ages 12, 9 and 7). ANy other suggestions? (We've done LTT, Mama Melrose, Crystal palace, so I don't want to repeat).

4. My "choices" are Rose and Crown and Boma, so I don't want to give them up. Everything else can be changed.

Julia

I think your plan is great and sounds similiar to the way I plan. I usually plan one sit-down ps for the day and the rest counter-service which seems to be what you have done. On Friday the day you hope to do CRT and then 'Ohana's for dinner I think should be fine since they will be very spread out so you won't be too filled and that way you can gauge how much you really want to eat for your counter service lunch.

Definetly do the AK meal plan vouchers, they are a great deal. We love Flame Tree over there. Its seating area is very shaded and very relaxing and even though you are eating counter service it really feels like a relaxing break b/c of the serene eating pavilions. We always go all the way down the path to the eating pavilion by the water. It is very relaxing down there!

I think your kids will enjoy Chef Mickey's especially since you haven't been there. We've never done their dinner but have enjoyed their variety of dishes at breakfast. Definetly keep Boma - we all loved their food - even my 2 1/2 yo at the time.

Have fun - your plan looks good to me! :)

You can never have enough PS's. Just cancel the ones you decide not to use. I PS every meal I reasonably can. There's no penalty for too many PS's.

And not to knock my fellow DISers, but when they say they do one a day, they have their very valid reasons. That doesn't mean you should too. They have planned out every step of their trip and will use every PS and not miss a thing. They have more experience with the parks than many CMs.

You may consider planning a PS for every meal for every day and then just cancel the ones you don't want when you decide you aren't going to use them. And there's no penalty for forgetting to cancel or changing your mind at the last minute.

This way you don't find yourself needing a break in some AC at MGM and having to wait 45 min for a table at the sci-fi because you'd already planned a sit down at Hollywood and Vine that evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter