Is this the right Pre-Cruise prep?

ljm23

DIS Veteran
We cruise Sept 25 and I'm nervous about getting the online checkin and safe passage stuff right. I've been searching the forum but want to verify I have it right. Thanks in advance

33 days before - so Midnight (if you were so inclined) 8/23 you could get onto the Safe Passage site and create an ID for each person cruising. https://dcl.safepassage.com/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=/
You can then indicate that you'll get tested before the cruise or you can upload a copy of your vaccination card. Is that it?

30 days before so Midnight 8/26 we get on to do the DCL online check in. We'll need headshots (are glasses ok if you can see your eyes clearly?) and pictures of your passport to upload. We'll get our Port Arrival time and although not traveling with children if we were we'd be able to sign up for club times. Anything else here?

I'm nervous because we'll be in away from home on these days so I'll have to be prepared and bring my laptop.

Thanks SO much!

No glasses I think but everything else is correct I think. I am still 39 days out so once we hit like 35 I plan on verifying nothing has changed. Since we are on fantasy I figure anything could change this week instantly.

Then 3 Days out you get tested (if you need to)
Then you arrive at port and follow the lovely instructions

We cruise Sept 25 and I'm nervous about getting the online checkin and safe passage stuff right. I've been searching the forum but want to verify I have it right. Thanks in advance

33 days before - so Midnight (if you were so inclined) 8/23 you could get onto the Safe Passage site and create an ID for each person cruising. https://dcl.safepassage.com/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=/
You can then indicate that you'll get tested before the cruise or you can upload a copy of your vaccination card. Is that it?

30 days before so Midnight 8/26 we get on to do the DCL online check in. We'll need headshots (are glasses ok if you can see your eyes clearly?) and pictures of your passport to upload. We'll get our Port Arrival time and although not traveling with children if we were we'd be able to sign up for club times. Anything else here?

I'm nervous because we'll be in away from home on these days so I'll have to be prepared and bring my laptop.

Thanks SO much!
We also sail 9/25 - thanks for this info!! (I'm worrying about college visits and applications for my daughter this summer and haven't had time to start worrying about check in.) This is very helpful.

You have everything correct. Don't be nervous about it, I asked a lot of questions about this new way. According to shore side concierge, just bring all your documents with you as before and if something was entered incorrectly, it is fix at the terminal.

Does check in know you are arriving via Disney transportation so you don't have to pick an arrival time?

Does check in know you are arriving via Disney transportation so you don't have to pick an arrival time?
It will ask you how you plan to get to the port. It will not generate a PAT if you select Disney transfers but it did give me a boarding group number.

One thing I am not clear on, for the safe passage website you can print the QR code to bring to the port. When my wife created her own account on safe passage, her info also appeared under my account when I log in. I'm not sure if I need to print the QR code from both her account and my account, but I plan to print both just to cover my bases.

One thing I am not clear on, for the safe passage website you can print the QR code to bring to the port. When my wife created her own account on safe passage, her info also appeared under my account when I log in. I'm not sure if I need to print the QR code from both her account and my account, but I plan to print both just to cover my bases.
I don’t remember there being a QR code for Safe Passage. Did I miss something? Both DH & my accounts say we’re clear to sail. I thought there was only a code for the DCL website once you registered at 30 days.

I don’t remember there being a QR code for Safe Passage. Did I miss something? Both DH & my accounts say we’re clear to sail. I thought there was only a code for the DCL website once you registered at 30 days.
Log in and look on the left side (on a PC), there is a link to open your QR code to print it

Hi all! Been lurking but wanted to get your thoughts -- we are on Friday's sailing (8/13). Check-in is still showing as pending approval, has been for a few weeks now.

Also, we have resort-to-port Disney transfer, but for some reason online check-in always had "Disney Transport" grayed out and we could not select that option.

After a few calls to DCL, including getting their tech support involved, they had us choose Private Transfer and select a random PAT, in order to complete the online check-in.

Safe Passage is all set/clear, and we are able to view and print our port arrival docs, so I'm guessing this is a non-issue?

If you look at the QR code for you and your wife, they are the same. If you scan the code you will find that it is your reservation number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter