• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is this possible?

jenjen25

Earning My Ears
We are staying @ the Maingate Inn outside wdw. Would like to be at the gates when they open at 8am and leave around 12, go back to hotel until 5pm, then back to wdw in the evening. Is this possible or too much? We are going April 7th?

Anything is possible, however, April 7th will be busy and taking a 5 hour break won't be the best use of your time. Keep in mind the travel time from your room to the park each way will probably take close to an hour. Have fun!

Check with your hotel for transport times. Friends of mine stayed off site "to save money" while we stayed onsite at a value resort. Our transports ran roughly every 15-20 minutes to and from the resort. They got dropped off in the morning and were told the hotel bus would be back that night after fireworks. They had planned to return and take naps... didn't work out.

If you have a car it's doable. In the mornings there will heavy traffic. To be at the front gate of the MK for 8:00 AM you will need to be parked by at least 7:00 AM in order to get the tram to the TTC, then either the monorail or ferry boat to the MK bag check area. Depending on the crowds it can take a long time for this transit. It will probably take about an hour to get back to your hotel from the front gate of the MK because you have the reverse transit. In the afternoon you can plan on slightly shorter travel times because it shouldn't be as crowded. So figure approximately two hours travel time out and back. For the other parks it is not quite as bad because of the proximity of the parking lots to the parks. Not close, but no secondary mode of transportation. Just a tram to bring you to the gate area. If the headache of traffic, travel, and parking is not a problem then it is doable.

I agree with the above posters. Check with your resort. When we stayed offsite, way back when, ours did not come back till nighttime.

Something I forgot to mention is the cost of parking. If you have a vehicle (which would give you an easier way to come and go) you will probably pay a parking fee at your hotel. Disney will also charge you a parking fee when you get to the park. The doubled up parking fee can be a killer. Add in the time it takes to get from the park entrances to the actual parking lots... even a car may be way too much. I realize your already booked so it may be too late... However if you have the ability I would highly suggest checking out the budget resorts on property. The transport options become much much easier if your on property. No matter what you will have a great vacation if you just take things in stride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter