Is this an AP Voucher????

rgo772

Earning My Ears
I ordered an Ap from disney.com, when it came in the mail the other day it was the size of a credit card with a green face. I was wondering if this is something new or this is the voucher everyone has been talking about.

Yes, that's the voucher and it happens to be better made then the actual annual pass! I wish they would make plastic annual passes.

Aren't the APs just like regular paper park tickets still?

I got my voucher in the mail the other day! So excited. :cool1:

APs are the same mylar material as regular tickets now. Mine withstood a WHOLE lot of abuse last year. It may have been a little worn looking by the end of the year but it never tore or anything like that.

Can you get an actual AP or is it ALWAYS a voucher when ordered from home? Just wondering if there is an easier way to get them than having to turn the vouchers in when get there.

How long did it take for your voucher to arrive? I've been waiting for 4 weeks now and wondered if I should be worried.

I am new to the whole AP thing. I heard somewhere they were unveiling new APs for the Celebration. Maybe it was just a rumor.

I would call to check on your AP voucher. 4 Weeks is an awful long time. I paid the extra $10 to have it sent to me in 3-5 business days. It came in two. I figured either pay $3 and it will be there in two weeks or pay an extra $7 and have it at the end of the week!

MemoryMakers2669 said:
Can you get an actual AP or is it ALWAYS a voucher when ordered from home? Just wondering if there is an easier way to get them than having to turn the vouchers in when get there.

You wouldn't want this because then your AP would be active as soon as you got it in the mail. You would loose time on your pass before your next visit.

keys2kingdom said:
You wouldn't want this because then your AP would be active as soon as you got it in the mail. You would loose time on your pass before your next visit.

Yeah, but like any other pass, they would know when you used it for the first time I would think. So, why couldn't you have it a month ahead of time and then it activates the moment you use it for the first time. Or, does it have a date on it?

keys2kingdom said:

This is not true. When your order an AP, you DO NOT receive the actual AP in the mail, you receive a voucher (exchange certificate). You EXCHANGE the voucher for an ACTIVATED AP down in WDW. Your AP expires 366 Days after you receive your ACTIVATED AP, NOT when you receive the voucher in the mail!
People buy APs, have the vouchers sent to them and activate them whenever they choose.

WannaBeInWDW said:
This is not true. When your order an AP, you DO NOT receive the actual AP in the mail, you receive a voucher (exchange certificate). You EXCHANGE the voucher for an ACTIVATED AP down in WDW. Your AP expires 366 Days after you receive your ACTIVATED AP, NOT when you receive the voucher in the mail!
People buy APs, have the vouchers sent to them and activate them whenever they choose.

Right, that poster was saying that. Someone asked if you always received a voucher in the mail when you order from home if there was a better way and the poster was explaining that you wouldn't want to receive the actual pass in the mail instead of the voucher because then the clock starts ticking on the expiration right then instead of when you go down.

You can buy the actual pass at MCO can't you? It is activated that day though, right?

Yes, Trissy, the ones at the airport disney store are activated immediately. We have bought ours there twice--it's quite simple!

took

where is the best place to activate your voucher? Is there a place in the airport? I plan on going to one of the parks the first day around 2:00pm for a little while.

I think the only places to activate a voucher are at guest services at the four parks and there is either one or two places in Downtown Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter