Is this a stupid idea?

grinningghost

<font color=green>Has a thing for the Swiss Family
We're staying at ASMo in August. We've purchased Ultimate Park Hopper passes, so we intend to do the parks all day on our check out day. Which means we need somewhere to stay after that. I'm thinking about being a little crazy and booking for one night at Wilderness Lodge - just to check it out (I've been dying to stay there forever). Is it a dumb idea? :confused:

I wouldn't call it stupid; however, I don't think I would do it. If you are going to be in the parks all day that day, you basically are going to be using the room for just sleeping. To each his own, but I think I would feel shortchanged IMHO. I would keep an eye out for discount codes for when you are going. Maybe you could get a room for 2 or 3 days instead of just 1. I know how you feel though. We have always stayed at the AS resorts. This year we got a good rate with a discount code, so we moved up to POFQ. Well, because of the resort closing, WDW gave us a cheap upgrade. We are now staying at the POLY for only $25 more than the regular AS rates. We are going to really try and savor it because we will probably never be able to afford it again. I hope you get to stay at WL, but if you don't, I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway. ;)

Hey, if it's something you have always wanted to do.... go for it!

You never know when you will get back to WDW.. have fun

>>^..^<<

I'd go for it! A beautiful resort to come back to!

No at all. We did something similar once. We had a package at ASMO, so our passes were good all through the day Friday(our last day). Due to flights, we were originally planning to leave fairly early that day and not do the parks at all. Then we ended up extending the trip by 1 day and we went to the Poly for that day. We checked out of ASMO early Fri, went and checked in at Poly. Then we had breakfast at Chef Mickeys and it was on to the MK around 10:00am. We stayed until the 3:00 parade was over and then went back to the Poly. We settled in our room then, went to the pool and even caught the torch lighting ceremony. After washing up, we went to dinner at the Kona, watched the EWP from the beach, then had a drink at the Tambu Lounge to end our vacation. We ended up getting to do more park time, and enjoying the Poly. It was a great day!
Im sure you can find just as much stuff to do at WL.

Have a great time, Grinning Ghost... I hope to stay at the Wilderness Lodge one day, too!

Erin :D

It is a good idea - come book CR for "recover from last blitz day at parks" if they are doing last day at MK so they can just stroll back to the CR on the path or have a real fast monorail ride.

Having said that, we loved the WL....and think it is a good idea

Thanks
Jason

Go for it! :)

We are going to spending out last night at the Yacht Club. We really want to check out that pool! :)

Have Fun!!
Cindy in NY

Go for it!! We've always done value or moderate and finally saved the money to go deluxe this year. I wanted BW, sis wanted AKL. What did we do? Split the time. Half each. That way we both got to go the resort we've been dreaming about. If you've always wanted WL...then it will be a special treat to spend even one night there. Enjoy!

I'll go along with the majority here and say I think it's a great idea!

:D

When we went in August of 2001, we started at CBR for one night, then went to the Contemporary (got a great rate of $139, $154 after tax) with the unlimited passes, then spent the last night at Port Orleans - Riverside. We did it that for the same reason you listed (and it was a great excuse to extend the vacation). And, you will love Wilderness Lodge.

Dumb???? NOPE!!! It sounds like a great idea (we've added a day or two a couple of times in the past). Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter