Is this a joke? Disney Launching Their Own Disney Airlines!

They used to do this, but it didn't work out. Since Disney tends to prioritize guest experience over value, I don't believe they'd get into the airline business in today's market. The article was also quite vague and sounded fake.

Here's an old ad of theirs. Too cute!

Last edited:

Doubt this will happen, no idea if the website is reliable or just another site with rumors/conjecture/opinions. Airlines operate on very thin margins, doesn't seem like something Disney would want to branch out into. More likely they might pay some airlines to advertise Disney on the exterior of the plane.

Doubt this will happen, no idea if the website is reliable or just another site with rumors/conjecture/opinions.
Not a lot of information about this website on whois.com. Couple of names, start/end dates, state they're in. Lots and lots and lots of empty fields.

Besides, wouldn't wdwinfo.com be among the first with accurate info?

Yeah I don't think this would work out well. Airlines are very capital intensive and don't have a lot of room for extra margin. Let's say this airline flies to 6 destinations initially with 737-MAX or A320neo, it's around $3 Bn in startup costs, with very little ROI. That's basically the price of an extra theme park!

And I don't really see what they could offer over a more traditional airline - if you want a premium product, they're really easy to book into MCO already as there's very low demand for domestic first class service, to the point where I never book F and just rely on upgrade slots and have never missed an upgrade yet, despite the cost only being $50-$100 per person more than a coach ticket.

It would probably be easier for Disney to team up with a major airline, make them the “official airline of Disney” and wrap the planes going to Orlando.
They did this in the past, not so much since deregulation. It would be nice if there was a special Disney package on some airline or a few though, one with a big route network like Delta or American. All AA flights into MCO already have some Disney amenities and they already have ice cream facilities on board, so it wouldn't be too difficult.

They used to do this, but it didn't work out. Since Disney tends to prioritize guest experience over value, I don't believe they'd get into the airline business in today's market. The article was also quite vague and sounded fake.

Here's an old ad of theirs. Too cute!

LOL! You are thinking of the "old Disney". They new Disney tends to prioritize $$$ over everything else. If they thought they could take the Spirit model, paint it red, black and yellow and charge you a $1,000 and you would pay they would be all over this!

They did this in the past, not so much since deregulation. It would be nice if there was a special Disney package on some airline or a few though, one with a big route network like Delta or American. All AA flights into MCO already have some Disney amenities and they already have ice cream facilities on board, so it wouldn't be too difficult.

There's a reason there is no longer an offical Disney airline, $$$$. Disney wanted LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of cash and no one wants to pay that much.

What Disney amenities are on AA flights into MCO? I flew AA into MCO once, but didn't notice anything.

Last edited:
Just the streaming movies on the wifi. I work for AA and that's all we have.
Out of LGA it's one of the special routes in first class that gets better food on shorter flights, just like the LGA-ORD run. Once upon a time it was also one of the only ones with snacks in economy from certain airports, but now every flight has the pretzels (which are actually really yummy as pretzels go).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter