Is There Really Good Pizza in Disney?

We go to Via Napoli every time and order a Quattro Formaggi but add Red sauce. I think it makes it better. Usually go here for out of pocket when we use 2 credits for dining plan some where else.

We are from NY , so yes we have a lot of great pizza options at home. We tried Blaze pizza in Disney Springs and we’re not impressed - wasn’t bad and wasn’t good, just meh. I was surprised at all the high reviews after we ate there.

I would say Via Napoli would be “ the best of the worst “ as they say.

Pinocchios Village Hause’s flat bread pizza tasked like frozen Ellios pizza when we tried it. (Like frozen supermarket pizza.)

Believe it or not, they used to have amazing flatbreads at Roaring Forks, the quick service over at Wilderness Lodge. They would have a Margarita flatbread and a “flatbread of that day”, they were consistently delicious. Once they did the refurb there several years ago , they ditched the flatbreads off the menu and the food went downhill, big time. I couldn’t believe how they ruined Roaring Forks after the refurbishment!

Last edited:
Believe it or not, they used to have amazing flatbreads at Roaring Forks, the quick service over at Wilderness Lodge. They would have a Margarita flatbread and a “flatbread of that day”, they were consistently delicious. Once they did the refurb there several years ago , they ditched the flatbreads off the menu and the food went downhill, big time. I couldn’t believe how they ruined Roaring Forks after the refurbishment!
It's likely the filet-and-Gideons crowd didn't care for it.

Il Mulino or Via Napoli are the best option on property. If you want to go off-site, SoDough Square is Detroit-style and probably the best option in Orlando.

Full disclosure - I'm not from the Northeast and I'm not a pizza snob. I love Papa Johns..

But there is good pizza at Florida (maybe not a Disney). In the area, Flippers is good. My husband said it was some of the best pizza he's had (again we aren't snobs and it did the job).

Well since Via Napoli is off the list, maybe try the flatbread at Primo Piatto?

We also like Blaze, pretty good for that "make your own" pizza style of place.

I didn't get through all the pages before commenting, so I'm assuming you are from the northeast and are looking for that style pizza, which just doesn't exist at WDW.

No, there is not good pizza anywhere in Florida IMO. The pizza quality starts getting bad once you leave Northern New Jersey. (And yes, I'm a pizza snob, I live in CT where we have Pepe's, Sally's, and quite a few other unbelievably good pizza places.)

Your only chance for somewhat acceptable pizza is if you can find a national chain whose pizza isn't bad to begin with.

Pizza snob, you can get good pizza in Florida. Pepe's has 2, maybe 3 locations here. You can get pizza that is exactly like New Haven pizza, besides Pepe's there are other New Haven style places.

Pizza snob, you can get good pizza in Florida. Pepe's has 2, maybe 3 locations here. You can get pizza that is exactly like New Haven pizza, besides Pepe's there are other New Haven style places.

Yeah, I forgot that Pepe's now has branched out to Florida.

Full disclosure - I'm not from the Northeast and I'm not a pizza snob. I love Papa Johns..

But there is good pizza at Florida (maybe not a Disney). In the area, Flippers is good. My husband said it was some of the best pizza he's had (again we aren't snobs and it did the job).
I’ve had Flipper’s Pizza - it was ok - I prefer Blaze - but the pepperoni pizza at Via Nap is still my favorite in WDW…

My family all being from New Jersey and New York, my standard for measuring a 'good' pizza is the NY style - thin crust. I also live in S. Florida, and we have plenty of very good pizza options down here - at least 4 good independent NY-style spots in my hometown, plus 2 Detroit style chains, 3 Chicago style chains, and 2 New Haven style joints (one chain, one independent). I don't think any of the NY ones can rank with the very best from NJ or NY, but there definitely proper, authentic style and at least in line with the mean/median of pizza in NJ/NY.. I'm lumping NY and NJ together as to 99% of the country they wouldn't detect any difference - though NY pizza tends to be a little more foldable without cracking vs NJ pizza.

Then again, S. Florida isn't really 'Florida' - certainly we're not part of the southern US. We're NYC's 6th borough, and New Jersey's negative-1100 turnpike exit.

Now Disney World is still in Florida, and struggles a bit more for great pizza. But it does have good to OK pizza options - depending on your style. Within WDW - there are no proper deep dish options, so forget that. Also no proper New Haven style joints. For NY/NJ pizza lovers, I find Pizza Ponte to be the most passable option - I find it better than Blaz'd. For Neopolitan pizza, Napoli is pretty decent. Honestly, any other joint in WDW is somewhere between bread with pizza-like toppings, or cardboard with pizza-like toppings. Flatbreads are a completely different food type - so I'm excluding those as well.

My family all being from New Jersey and New York, my standard for measuring a 'good' pizza is the NY style - thin crust. I also live in S. Florida, and we have plenty of very good pizza options down here - at least 4 good independent NY-style spots in my hometown, plus 2 Detroit style chains, 3 Chicago style chains, and 2 New Haven style joints (one chain, one independent). I don't think any of the NY ones can rank with the very best from NJ or NY, but there definitely proper, authentic style and at least in line with the mean/median of pizza in NJ/NY.. I'm lumping NY and NJ together as to 99% of the country they wouldn't detect any difference - though NY pizza tends to be a little more foldable without cracking vs NJ pizza.

Then again, S. Florida isn't really 'Florida' - certainly we're not part of the southern US. We're NYC's 6th borough, and New Jersey's negative-1100 turnpike exit.

Now Disney World is still in Florida, and struggles a bit more for great pizza. But it does have good to OK pizza options - depending on your style. Within WDW - there are no proper deep dish options, so forget that. Also no proper New Haven style joints. For NY/NJ pizza lovers, I find Pizza Ponte to be the most passable option - I find it better than Blaz'd. For Neopolitan pizza, Napoli is pretty decent. Honestly, any other joint in WDW is somewhere between bread with pizza-like toppings, or cardboard with pizza-like toppings. Flatbreads are a completely different food type - so I'm excluding those as well.

Yes I agree with you about the cardboard. Our last trip we went to the pizza window at Boardwalk (which we found to be ok pre-Covid) and it was so bad we threw it out. Tasted exactly like cardboard. Ready bad.

When we stayed at the Swan the poolside bar said they use the dough from Flippers pizza.

Another on property option - Simply Capri in Flamingo Crossing, full Italian menu but very good pizza from what I have heard.

Our last trip we went to the pizza window at Boardwalk (which we found to be ok pre-Covid) and it was so bad we threw it out. Tasted exactly like cardboard. Ready bad.
This was several years ago, but at that time we found out that when you ordered a whole pizza from the window it was pretty decent, but if you just ordered a slice it wasn't very good. You would think it would be the same thing, but it definitely wasn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter