Is There Really Good Pizza in Disney?

True but it's not all subjective. The better pizzerias use higher quality ingredients. The lower quality places will use whatever cheese they can get a deal.
Right. Via Napoli does an objectively good Neapolitan pizza which would be lauded by Italian pizzaiolas. Until people demand pepperoni on it.

True but it's not all subjective. The better pizzerias use higher quality ingredients. The lower quality places will use whatever cheese they can get a deal.

And yet there are people who grew up on the latter and that's the pizza they want and consider "good" pizza. De gustibus non disputandum est.

I remember vintner giving a tour and declaring a good wine is whatever wine the drinker likes, and he is right. But his stainless-steel aged wine was still sweet, weak-tasting, and Boone's Hill-esque.

Funny how assumptions work and that you think you know so much about the time and the locations I frequent in the state of Florida -sorry that I have a contrary opinion than you do or that I simply just don’t believe what you do - I stand by my original statements.
I don't even know how to reply to this. I thought my liberal use of laughing & tongue-in-cheek emojis would have made it clear that I was joking in my replies. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about pizza in Florida. Obviously, I need to check my humor at the door from now on.

And yet there are people who grew up on the latter and that's the pizza they want and consider "good" pizza. De gustibus non disputandum est.

I remember vintner giving a tour and declaring a good wine is whatever wine the drinker likes, and he is right. But his stainless-steel aged wine was still sweet, weak-tasting, and Boone's Hill-esque.
True but…

Context is key and the question raised here on the DIS…. not for the first time, BTW… is pizza recommendations at WDW. Since the concept of “good” will always be personal and variable, giving people some idea of your background and experience I find helpful. Otherwise, why ask anyone’s recommendation on anything… here or anywhere else?

True but…

Context is key and the question raised here on the DIS…. not for the first time, BTW… is pizza recommendations at WDW. Since the concept of “good” will always be personal and variable, giving people some idea of your background and experience I find helpful. Otherwise, why ask anyone’s recommendation on anything… here or anywhere else?

Sure. And in the context of the question, and the information the OP provided, I said there are no really good pizzas available at WDW. If someone said they love Pizza Planet at DLR, I would tell them to they'll love Pizza Rizzo's. But this is a discussion forum, open for input on open-ended questions.

Last edited:

Strange, hardly a mention of Pizza Ponte?
I wanted to give Pizza Ponte a try, but then whenever I go in, it’s so dead in there, and the pizza looks like it’s been sitting around all day, so I leave and head to Blaze.

The original poster asked for suggestions, which are always subjective I know, but why do threads inevitably turn into a heated discussion on each other's opinions? Can't we just answer the FP's question and respect everyone's individual experiences and opinion.

To put my two pennies worth in, personally, I did not care for Blaze, the sauce was not to my taste, but I do enjoy Via Napoli, we have a metro pizza to share. The room service pizzas (going back 10 years or so) used to be good, especially cold the next day :D

Attachments

• 20141221_121211~2.jpg
    20141221_121211~2.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 7
I think all the ‘Rays’ pizza joints in NYC are lousy …. Famous maybe good nah …
None of them are legit though. They're totally unrelated places just capitalizing on the name although iirc a few of them are actually a chain franchise. Same with all the Papaya King knockoffs around the city. The first Ray's Pizza on Prince St (that didn't have "famous" or "original" in the name) was the best, and the only "Famous Original" that was good was the iconic one on 6th and 11th in the Village, which is long gone (last I saw it was a Chinese restaurant!). It's like comparing the OG Nathan's in Coney Island to the mall food court ones.

Back on topic: no, it's all trash in Disney, including the much vaunted Via Napoli. It's authentic, sure but "authentic" doesn't always mean "good". When you've had Una Pizza Napoletana and Da Michele--the latter being an outpost of an actual pizza institution from Naples--Via Napoli is just Domino's at a higher price point. 3 things I never bother with at Disney as a NYer are pizza, Italian, and Chinese. But this isn't just NYer arrogance, everywhere has their own regional specialties that anyone from there is going to have high standards for. I like the BBQ at Disney because I don't know any better being from NY where all our BBQ is mid lol

Interesting. There is a Mister 01 in Melbourne FL that I ate at recently. Good pizza but not great, IMHO.
We visited Mister 01 in Dallas. We enjoyed it. It is not the best pizza I have ever had, but we liked it more than most. It is overpriced when you leave hungry, to be honest, but the flavors are clean. And the price per soda is reason enough not to return. $2.50 per 12 oz can.

No matter what is said here or any message board there will be those that want to be argumentative (sometimes I have even fallen to it) but certainly all need to realize that this subject certainly is based on opinion not fact so no right or wrong. Frankly I will go one step further and proclaim there is not much really good FOOD period anywhere in WDW including some of the supposed elite restaurants like CA Grille and Le Cellier … I find most to be meh … Disney blasphemy I know .. exceptions being Narcoossee’s and Flying Fish … point of reference no I have not tried each and every restaurant in the 4 corners of WDW nor have I sampled every dish ever prepared at the ones I have tried …

I am the OP. :)

You are correct. It is the nature of the internet. It is everywhere. I am shocked at how hateful people can be on a certain cruise forum over a simple question about beach tents or beach towels. I think the rest is people in general are so opinionated and society has been conditioned to be offended by a differing opinion. "I disagree" has become combative speech that is taken personal. :(

I cook. I am a very good at it. Mexican, Italian, some Asian, Mediterranean, American and some French. I would rather pay less for less than average than a big price tag for average. I agree with you about Cali Grille and Le Cellier. At one point Le Cellier was actually good, but then later became hard-to-get only because it was hard-to-get. Just like Princess Storybook Breakfast, CRT and a few others. All of it is subjective to one's taste. For us, there is no such thing as good Mexican food in Disney, but apparently people disagree because San Angel Inn and Frontera Cocina are still open for business. :crazy2::crazy2:

chicken-praise.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter