• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is There Any Good Steak in Disney?

Sparrow'sLady

Mouseketeer
We want to have a nice dinner on our arrival day. We are Filet Mignon and lobster tail people. We will not be going to a park.

For reference: we do not care for Ruth's Chris. We are big fans of Saltgrass and we really like Del Frisco.

We love Narcoossee's but they are closed.

STK has too many negative reviews on flavor and quality of meat.

We have had Yachtsman before. It took them 3 tries to cook a steak properly and although cooked medium, it was tough to eat.

We tried Shula's and although the lobster was wonderful, the steaks were bland and disappointing.

Le Cellier is not bad, but we are not going to a park.

I am watching to see some replies. I would say if you had a way to get off site to go to Saltgrass, that would be my pick. We just ate there two days in a row this week. Best steak we have found anywhere.

I know others have had poor experiences, but in six or so visits to Yachtsman, we have had nothing but excellent, flavorful, tender, and perfectly cooked steaks there. (Once a medium-rare steak was undercooked, but it was quickly remedied.)

Another vote for Bull and Bear. Capa at the Four Seasons also has fantastic steaks, but no lobster tails.

I've also heard the Tomahawk ribeye for two at California Grill is fantastic.

Yet another Bull & Bear vote! Technically not on Disney property, but so close it may as well be.

I've had good experiences with steaks at Yachtsman on all my visits - nothing to complain about. Shula's I agree were OK, but not as much as I'd have hoped. I've been very happy with Steakhouse 71 on my two visits so far - probably what I'd consider the bargain for good steaks in Disney. Jiko has always had an excellent filet.
Off site, I've been a long-time fan of Charley's Steakhouse just outside the main gate. Been a while since I"ve visited that location though - almost 10 years - though I've been to the Charley's in Tampa as recently as 2 years ago and it still didn't disappoint.

We want to have a nice dinner on our arrival day. We are Filet Mignon and lobster tail people. We will not be going to a park.

For reference: we do not care for Ruth's Chris. We are big fans of Saltgrass and we really like Del Frisco.

We have had Yachtsman before. It took them 3 tries to cook a steak properly and although cooked medium, it was tough to eat.

We tried Shula's and although the lobster was wonderful, the steaks were bland and disappointing.

My DW says the filet at Citricos was the best she’s had anywhere. She’s had filets at just about all of the WDW signatures as well as at our local Morton’s steakhouse. It’s her preferred cut of beef.

We haven't been there in years, but if you want to go off property, Charley's Steak House in Orlando used to be fantastic and it used to be on several lists of best steaks in the country. Their prices are high and expect to have a slow leisurely dinner though. Not a place to go if you are in a hurry to get somewhere else. We have only been to the one that is about a 20 minute drive from WDW--- on International drive-- about 10 minutes from Universal Studios-- but I think there is also one that is only about 10 minutes away from WDW in the Celebration/Kissimmee area. I don't know how that location compares to the Orlando location.

I believe Saltgrass is owned by the same company that owns the Trex and Rain forest….not sure but I think they both have steaks …

Other places with Good steaks;
STK is amazing,
The Yacht‘s men is good

I believe Saltgrass is owned by the same company that owns the Trex and Rain forest….not sure but I think they both have steaks …

STK is amazing,
The Yacht‘s men is good
Yes, it is the same company, but completely different quality. Same with Saltgrass and Del Frisco.

STK is amazing,
The Yacht‘s men is good

We considered STK, but a lot of reviews said for the price, the meat is not tender and lacks seasoning. I know some places just do steak and butter, but we like it to have flavor.

Last edited:

STK is amazing,
The Yacht‘s men is good
Yes, but I would never eat a steak at T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe. I get them just about every time we go to Saltgrass.

Haven't been to Steakhouse 71 yet, but The Wave steaks always impressed me for the (Disney)price.

The Turf Club is another hidden gem for the old fashioned steak your granddad use to get you at "the lodge".

Boathouse. Check out their connections to Chicago/Gibsons and dry aged ribeye which is my favorite. I'm a ribeye guy and loved the ribeye(Med Rare for me). Although I haven't had the filet, the quality was excellent on the steak I did have.

Enjoy your trip!

Gibsons Heritage Steaks​

• NY Steak* & Fries$37.00
    Maitre d' Butter, Roasted Garlic
    Filet Mignon*$59.00
    Petite Filet Mignon*$47.00
    New York Strip*$56.00

Boneless Ribeye$47.00
    75 Day Aged Gibsons Grass-Fed Australian
    Porterhouse*$59.00
    Steak Enhancements
    Add to any Steak: Maine Lobster Tail $39.5, Classic Oscar $17.5, Lobster Oscar $18, Roasted Garlic Cloves $3.50, or Béarnaise Sauce $3.50, Bordelaise Sauce $3.50

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter