Is there an easier way to upgrade Disneyland tickets?

FireflyTrance

DIS Veteran
So I called the Disneyland ticket phone number today because I wanted to upgrade our tickets from 2 day tickets to 3 day tickets. They basically said the tickets can’t be upgraded on the phone. I would need to purchase new 3 day tickets and then wait up to 12 weeks for my old 2 day tickets to be refunded. They said they could be upgraded at the ticket booth at Disneyland, except by the time we are there the dates we want will probably be sold out. I find it really frustrating. Is there really no way to add a day without buying entirely new tickets and then waiting 12 weeks for a refund of the old tickets??

I really don't understand why it is this way, but it's such a pain. :-( I've dealt with this issue several times too!
Thanks! Yeah I decided to just not upgrade since it’s so difficult. What if they end up deciding they won’t refund by 2 day tickets? Then I’m stuck with two sets of tickets.

I got the same answer when I called asking about upgrading one ticket to a park hopper. That's a long time to wait for a refund and after reading all the stories on here after COVID about how long people waited for refunds.... yeesh, no thanks. They should really make the process easier, it'd make them more money in the long run I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter